Nurseries and Baby Gear

Where to install infant seat in Honda CR-V

My husband and I went to the police station ready to have ours installed in the middle, but the officer said due to the latch system and the headreast, behind the passenger seat would be best. We were very confused and had him install it in the middle for now, but are wondering what people with the same car have done. 

Re: Where to install infant seat in Honda CR-V

• Use this website. It tells you the best place to put the car seat, depending on your car and the actual car seat.

https://www.carseatdata.org/

~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">imageimage
  • If you have a newer model cr-v (mine is a 2008) it can be installed using latch in the center. Do you have any other car seat riders in the back? If you use latch for the center you are "borrowing" a latch from both of the outboard seats rendering them useless. If you have any further questions send me a PM.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagedi0607:
    If you have a newer model cr-v (mine is a 2008) it can be installed using latch in the center. Do you have any other car seat riders in the back? If you use latch for the center you are "borrowing" a latch from both of the outboard seats rendering them useless. If you have any further questions send me a PM.

This.  Check your Honda owners manual to see where the latch points are.  We have successfully installed it in all 3 positions using latch.  When it was only DS, he was always in the center.  However, now that we have 2 kids we had to put one on each side- we tried to put one in the center and one on the side so that we could squeeze someone else in the back if we needed to but it wasn't really a good fit so we had to go with one on each side.  So the way we have it now is infant (Chicco KF30) behind the driver and Britax Roundabout behind the passenger. 

• Probably bad to admit this, but my car seat is going in the rear passenger seat. I have enough latches to put three car seats in the back (so there is one in the middle) but I am short and it will be uncomfortable for me having to reach into the middle of the car each time (I would probably have to crawl in to the back just to reach the seat and get it undone properly). I don't have side airbags in the back and we don't live in a very busy area, so I still think this is safe.
  • I have an 05 CRV and mine's installed behind the passenger seat.
    imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"