3rd Trimester

Anyone out there experience this?

I have had an uneventful pregnancy so far. No issues, blood pressure and sugar have been excellent all along. I just had a check-up on Monday and everything was still fine. Every time I bring up an issue or concern, they check me all over, find nothing, and tell me it's probably just 'normal' pregnant stuff, so I'm at the point now where I pretty much just assume everything is 'normal' (as long as I don't start bleeding or something, obviously). But this is bugging me... Every single night when I try to go to bed, after about 5 or 10 minutes of lying down, I start to feel this intense pressure from the chest up, through the neck, face and head. I've never had high blood pressure, but it's what I imagine in would feel like. I feel like all the blood starts pooling in that upper portion of my body, my pulse gets very strong, and it gets kind of hard to breath. I know that our blood volume is rapidly increasing, blood pressure is going to fluctuate, etc. but it's just a very alarming feeling. Does anyone else have this issue, or have any input?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone out there experience this?

• I havent had this but maybe u should talk to ur doc just to make sure it could be him sitting on something or squishing ur lungs but you never know
  • Are you lying on your back, or your side? If you're lying on your back, that's probably the issue. Your uterus is getting heavier and it's compressing your arteries. Try lying on your left side and see if that helps. The left side is supposed to be the best position to maximize blood flow.

• Loading the player...
  • Definitely talk to your doc.  Chances are, baby is laying on a vein or artery - that's why they say lay on your left side.  I've had the issue once or twice, but if it's happening that often, I would want it checked out. 

ttf21e9.aspx

ttf2202.aspx

• I switch sides throughout the night, but I don't lie on my back.
  • Do you lay flat or are you propped up with pillows? Sometimes I sleep best in the recliner (also helps with acid reflux) but I find I breathe easiest reclined instead of laying flat.
    image April 2, 2011 Exclusive Pumping Facebook Group http://www.facebook.com/groups/113592028761826/ Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You are compressing some vessel. Get a stack of pillows or sleep in a recliner. See if that makes you feel better. Keep talking to your doctor about it.
  • That happens to me when I'm lying on my back, although I only seem to have trouble breathing.... check with your doctor no matter how "normal" you think it is you have the right to ask about your concerns Big Smile hope you get an answer soon
  • I feel this way every night and I'm always on my left side. Assuming you're not on your back (in which case I'd agree with PPs about artery pressure), it's just because when you lie down the baby is pushing up more on your diaphragm, lungs, etc (as opposed to less bc of gravity when you're upright). Try propping your head up a little higher than your heart/chest and see if it helps (it does for me, but then my neck bugs me in the morning, so I just try and deal with it usually), or sleep more upright in a reclined position. (Incidentally, I take my BP often bc of PIH/bedrest, and when I wake up from sleeping like this, my BP is slightly more elevated than when my head is just a few inches higher, but not like spiked or anything - just a few points higher than when tilted.)
  • Yep, I've felt this exact thing a number of times. In fact, it just happened today. It lasts a few minutes then goes away. Like you, I have had no issues with BP or anything. I've never told my doctor, but maybe I should. :) I just think, it doesn't happen every day, and it always goes away and I feel fine, so I'm not worrying about it.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagehmontty:
    Yep, I've felt this exact thing a number of times. In fact, it just happened today. It lasts a few minutes then goes away. Like you, I have had no issues with BP or anything. I've never told my doctor, but maybe I should. :) I just think, it doesn't happen every day, and it always goes away and I feel fine, so I'm not worrying about it.

Yep, same here.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"