Preemies

A preemies mother's wish.

Dear Other Mothers of Full Term Babies,

Please tell them to slow down. They don't need to walk so fast. Please wait a few more weeks. A month and a half tops and I am sure we will have our walking down. Thank you.

Love,

Mother of a Preemie

I didn't think it would affect us. He was only 5 weeks and was so healthy. It barely affected him. It just feels like all the other babies around me are walking. 8, 9 months. He is 13 so I know he isn't like super late or anything but even the babies his age are walking. I am gonna kick his butt into high gear and get little Con Con a walkin! 

BrittAny Nicole
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: A preemies mother's wish.

• He was only 5 weeks early*

BrittAny Nicole
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Eh, DD was 6 weeks early and didn't start walking until after her 1st birthday. We have a full term friend who still isn't walking and he's 18 mos. Every kid is different and I really don't think you're too far behind the 8 ball. He'll get there!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker TickerPregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My son was 14 weeks early.. He won't walk until he's 16 years old. (Just kidding.) Your LO will one day surprise the heck out of you and just walk and never look back. My nephew was 6 days late, and he didn't walk until 20 months. The pedi said he wasn't concerned, and he was full term.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD didn't walk until 17 months- there's lots of time.
    Our Little Family Keeps Growing! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yeah, my DS was 9 weeks early and didn't start walking on his own until about 21 months.  He's doing just fine!  Each on his/her own time, I've learned that with both of my DS.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • He'll get there!  A lot of variation is normal even within termies, and a lot of that is personality IMO!
  • If you ask me, walking later has its up side too. 8month olds don't understand anywhere near enough to be toting around that ablility. I think 8months is super early to learn to walk IMO.
  • imagewitt0198:
    If you ask me, walking later has its up side too. 8month olds don't understand anywhere near enough to be toting around that ablility. I think 8months is super early to learn to walk IMO.

LOL this is so true!  Andrew walked really late and while it was hard at times, I see now how much easier it was.  By the time he could walk he understood "no", knew he would fall down stairs, etc! :) 

• I have 2 full term boys who didn't start walking until 14 months each.
            image image  image 
    To be loved, and to be in love
  • My daughter came 5 weeks early and she walked at 15 months.  It will happen! 
    Photobucket Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Sorry just lurking here.  All 3 of mine were born on time.  The youngest just started walking and is about to turn 17 months.  THe other two walked right after they turned one.  It is nice that she waited so long.  It is so cute.  Good Luck. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"