July 2011 Moms

People telling you what you "should" do vent...

I get frustrated by people judging other people's decisions and telling them what they should or shouldn't do--if they want to judge and keep it to themselves, fine, but please don't tell me what I should and shouldn't do concerning my pregnancy ESPECIALLY when you have never been pregnant yourself.

All of us are at different places concerning how we treat our pregnancies--what we chose to eat or not eat, drink or not drink, and take or not take medicinally. 

Because I have to take a seizure medicine (due to a seizure I had a few years ago and will be weaned off in July-ish), I have chosen NOT to take any medicine if I can help it.  That's my "thing" with this pregnancy--I don't freak out too much about what I eat, I've had a glass of wine, but I don't want to take medicine if I can help it.

I've been sick the last few days and can tolerate it--it sucks, but yuck.  I have a bit of a fever, though, very low, 99.4 was the highest it got.  A friend on FB (d@mn that website) says, "Don't be a martyr, take some Tylenol."  That's the second time she's said something to me about it.  I *did* take Tylenol, I decided taking a regular Tylenol to reduce the fever was better than having a fever.  She didn't know that, but still, it frustrates me that people judge you and try to tell you what to do.

Grr.  Sorry for the vent, just frustrated!!!!

Re: People telling you what you "should" do vent...

• Amen sister! 

Definitely the part about people who have never been KU giving PG advice.  Thanks but no thanks, keep your opinion to yourself!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You deserve to vent. I hate how everyone thinks they can say anything they want to a pregnant lady - from how they look to what they do. Very frustrating.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't post things on FB that you don't want people to comment on.  Really, people will give advice if you do.

I posted about shoveling show and people FREAKED.  It was annoying, but I don't post anything like that anymore.

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Drives me nuts... I have women at work judging me because I an staying away from most caffene.  I have to sit and listen to their stories of all they indulged in while pregnant (cigarettes, coffee, sushi, ect) and belittle me for choosing different.  Well, no offense but these kids are all a lil off the wall in their own ways and Im not saying it is from coffee but please dont look at me like I have 3 heads for choosing a different path! UGH
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know what u mean...i work with alot of older women and almost everybody at my work has had children...im 21 and this is my first, so everybody thinks that they can tell me what i "need" to do...they are not my dr. and they do not know my body...like they say "every pregnancy is different"...and sometimes i just wanna ask them "when u were pregnant did u do everything by the book?? I dont think so"...people can get really annoying...although i cant say i get annoyed by all of it, some of it can be really helpful
  • imagekatie4253:

Don't post things on FB that you don't want people to comment on.  Really, people will give advice if you do.

I posted about shoveling show and people FREAKED.  It was annoying, but I don't post anything like that anymore.

I try to monitor what I say on there, but who would have thought I'd have had issues with, "Yuck, I'm still sick?"  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"