July 2011 Moms

I'm so sad...

We had the anatomy scan today and were so excited to find out the gender then go shopping. My mom and mother-in-law came from Florida especially for the scan. 

So, the tech puts the transmitter on my tummy, looks at the baby, and then says, "I don't think we will be able to do anything. You have a triple whammy going on here."

1. Baby was breech.

2. It was facing toward my back.

3. Baby had it's foot up, blocking any view of it's privates.

She couldn't even do anything with the anatomy scan except identify the cranial measurement and stomach. 

:(

Good news is... Baby is seemingly healthy, has a strong heartbeat, and weights 11 oz which is in the 61st percentile! :)

Now I get to wait for an appointment for a Level II ultrasound at a different hospital... Praying that they can at least do the full anatomy scan then! 

Re: I'm so sad...

• That IS sad!!! Hopefully you can get in soon for the level II!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm sorry. That really stinks. Maybe you could go have an elective u/s while your family is here. I had one last night and it was awesome. The tech wouldn't let me leave without getting some good shots.
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry that this happened to you.  They couldn't tell the sex at my anatomy scan either, and it's upsetting.  Luckily I was able to go back, and they had no problem finding out that it was a girl.  Good luck at your next appointment!
    ~*~Khloe Catherine Born 7/29/11 ~*~
  • they couldn't see the sex at my a/s either...at my prev appt they said it might be a boy and at my a/s they would be able to verify, but baby wants to be stubborn and keep its legs crossed...hopefully tuesday they can verify at my next prenatal appt
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"