Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Anyone else dealing with a light sleeper?

DD has been a light sleeper since almost day 1. Any little noise can wake her. I have a CD with rain sounds playing for her naps and all night.

Anyone else dealing/dealt with a light sleeper? I'm tempted to try her sleeping without the CD, but I can't make myself do it. Any tips/tricks/advice?

When will every little noise not wake her?

Re: Anyone else dealing with a light sleeper?

• Does she STTN?  If she does I wouldn't change anything.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • She so cute, BTW.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMarried2003:
    Does she STTN?  If she does I wouldn't change anything.

For the most part, yes, she does. She'll occasionally wake up, fuss for a few minutes, and then go back to sleep. That's why I'm scared to stop using the CD.

I still rock her to sleep (it's my next issue to tackle), so the hard part for me is getting her from my arms, into the crib, and tiptoe out the door and shut the door. Even with the CD on, if I step on a floorboard the wrong way or my knee cracks (no, I'm not kidding), she's awake.

And I almost die if the phone rings while she's napping.

• imageMarried2003:
    She so cute, BTW.

Thanks! She's got quite the personality on her too!

• Yes, I can't go in to check on him because 80% of the time he wakes up. We have a humidifier running in his room and an air purifier running outside his door. We use the video monitor to check on him.  At least he sleeps :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageAmandaP2008:

imageMarried2003:
    Does she STTN?  If she does I wouldn't change anything.

For the most part, yes, she does. She'll occasionally wake up, fuss for a few minutes, and then go back to sleep. That's why I'm scared to stop using the CD.

I still rock her to sleep (it's my next issue to tackle), so the hard part for me is getting her from my arms, into the crib, and tiptoe out the door and shut the door. Even with the CD on, if I step on a floorboard the wrong way or my knee cracks (no, I'm not kidding), she's awake.

And I almost die if the phone rings while she's napping.

DS is somewhat a light sleeper too.  That's why we had to turn down the phone; get a white noise machine; and basically tip top around his room when he's a sleep.  However, for the longest time he woke up during the night so at 10 months I made a big decision to CIO and let me tell you...the best decision I ever made.  We now lay him down wide awake and he'll put himself to sleep.  As for the the noise; I'm hoping the white machine will drown out the noise around the house.  So far he's sleeps fine.  Now when the IL's come at the end of the month, I'm praying that doesn't screw everything up. 

I read somewhere that you shouldn't keep the house too quiet so the baby could get use to the house noise.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"