December 2010 Moms

Cloth Diaperers at Night

We use cloth diapers most of the time (except when we're traveling or when all of the diaper covers are in the wash).  Now that DD is sleeping 7+ hours at night, she almost always wakes up soaked through.  We don't have any problems with leaking during the day, but the prefolds are not holding enough through the night.  Since we have invested so much in the diaper service, I really don't want to just throw in the towel and go to disposables at night.  Is anyone having any success keeping their LOs dry overnight in cloth?  Any suggestions?  Does doubling up on the prefolds work?

I would love to be able to feed her THEN change her in the mornings (she is so screamy when we go in the other direction).

Re: Cloth Diaperers at Night

• I should say that we've not used CDs on DD overnight yert, but with DS we had luck with fitteds - mostly bamboo and hemp, which i sn't so useful to you if youre using a service I suppose. I found doublers more useful than doubling up, which was too bulky and prone to leaks as a result...
    Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)
  • imagewelshgirl:
    I should say that we've not used CDs on DD overnight yert, but with DS we had luck with fitteds - mostly bamboo and hemp, which i sn't so useful to you if youre using a service I suppose. I found doublers more useful than doubling up, which was too bulky and prone to leaks as a result...
    doublers are better than the bulk of two prefolds. If LO isn't leaking, I suggest a smaller doubler and a fleece liner. The fleece will wick the moisture away from the skin and buy you some time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We've been using disposables for nighttime but I'm hoping since he's a little bigger he will fit better into his pockets and they won't leak.  I'm going to try a BumGenius 3.0 Aplix stuffed with the 2 inserts and a hemp doubler.  Hemp's really absorbent.  I also just ordered a Monkey Snuggles overnight fitted and I'll pair that with a thirsties cover so hopefully that will work! GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Why do they have to make it smell so good if you can't eat it?? BabyFruit Ticker
  • We use FuzziBunz overnight. Like PP, the fleece helps keep the moisture off LO's bum and you can shove 2 inserts into the pocket. You could probably get away with about a $100 investment (cheaper than disposables after a few months) if you wanted to try a few pocket diapers for nighttime with a few extra inserts - If you only use them at night, you should be fine with 4-5 diapers and only have to wash them every 3-4 days.

FYI-we also use prefolds primarily during the day, no diaper service down in BFE where we live... so I was 'em all. Smile

• I mostly use bumgenius 3.0 and 4.0 thru out the day for night time I love the fuzzie bums, they seem to keep her dryer longer. I dont change her diaper during the night because she wont go back to sleep if we change it after her feeding at night and they hold up nicely, I do change her right before bed and 1st thing when she gets up so about 8 hours.
  • imagelachute:
    We use a bumgenius 4.0 stuffed with two newborn inserts for 8+ hours overnight. The stay dry keeps his bum dry.

Wow, that's my primary daytime diaper (with both inserts) and it only lasts an hour and a half to two hours.

My kid is a heavy wetter.

• We use bg 4.0 stuffed with the larger insert mf and a hemp doubler. No leaks and lasts all night unless he poops. We are waiting on kawaii goodnights to try out too just for some variety.
  • Oooh, I csannot wait til her legs are chubbier and I can use my BG overnight!!
    Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)
  • We use gdiapers or flips at night with the biodegradable (flushable) inserts for overnight.  So far we haven't had any leaks and Oliver is a heavy wetter.  I try not to use the flushable inserts very often because they are expensive but overnight it has done wonders!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"