Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Baptism Gift Ideas

My friend has asked me to be her son's godmother & I have absolutely no I idea what to get him as a gift. I haven't been to a baptism since my own when I was an infant so I am clueless! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baptism Gift Ideas

• A Children's Bible?  Maybe a savings bond?  If they are catholic you could get a St.Christoper necklace (for protection). 
  • The Jesus Storybook Bible is very good.  You can look on sites like Things Remembered or Red Envelope(my best friend uses these all the time) to get ideas.
    photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Some follow the tradition of buying the baby their outfit for the day.  Not sure if they have one already.   My baby's godmother got her a white gold necklace and cross, a white cross bib to wear, and shoes (she had a dress already).  Godfather gave money.   

I got a really nice engraved snowglobe from someone.  It was from Things Remembered.   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Our DD's Godfather got her a rosary and a crib cross (cross to hang above the crib with a blessing inscribed on it).  Her Godmother got her a Baptism angel that she found at a Christian bookstore.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My son's godmother got him a crucifix and a children's bible.  The godfather got him a prayer book.  I think whatever you give will be much appreciated - it's the thought that counts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • As a godmother I gave a gold cross and chain to my niece.  For my nephew, whose family is less religious and less traditional I had blanket made with his name on it.  My DH is godfather to our nephew and we gave him a tiffany's children's spoon with his initials on it.  I don't think they use it, even though that was the point. 

Even though I'm a godmother twice over, I'm not religious and wouldn't give a bible as a gift.  The cross necklace was as far as I'd go.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BFP#1 10/26/09 EDD 7/4/10 Beautiful Baby Boy born 2 weeks late 7/16/10 BFP#2 8/23/11 EDD 5/11/12 Natural Miscarriage @ 6 weeks BFP#3 5/22/12 EDD 2/10/13 Stick Baby!
  • My favorite baptism gift is the red plate tradition.. it is a red china plate with You are special painted around the edges.. it started as a european tradition a long time ago and is so special.. the plate comes out to celebrate special occasions and will last for years and can be handed down... it's not very expensive.. so as a godmother you can give it and a bond if you want.. here's the story behind it: https://www.celebrationideasonline.com/unique-baby-shower-gift-idea.html   the printable poem in the article is great to give with the gift.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"