Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Who uses sleep sacks?

Now that it is getting colder I am worried about dressing DD at night.  She has just slept in a footed sleeper since we stopped swaddling around 2 months.  DD is a very mobile sleeper and I think a normal blanket would be pointless.  I figured we would use a sleep sack but DD loves to roll around in the middle of the night and likes to sit up.  If you use a sleep sack does it inhibit your baby from moving.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Who uses sleep sacks?

• Our DD does just fine in it.  She rolls all over the crib.  I wish I could go to sleep with one.
  • Loading the player...
  • I worried about the same thing, but DS gets around just fine in the sleep sack.
    Proverbs 12:10 "A righteous man cares for the needs of his animals ChipMonkey 3/19/08 *** Turtle 1/26/10 *** CarBear 10/06/11
  • Nope. He's just fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • no way! DD was all over the place last night, rolling around and such. I have a Sozo sleep sack. you can order them from BRU online but I found cheaper ones if you go to google shopping. They are really nice and warm (double layered) but make sure you buy the fleece/velour ones not the cotton ones.
  • DS has been sleeping in them since he was a neborn b/c he had a hip brace and couldn't be swaddled.  I love them ! He can even crawl in it- although not as well as without it.  I second that I wish they had them for us!

• when we stopped swaddling, I started using the sleep sack.  It's like a big potato sack so there are no worries for him moving.
  • Hi there! No loose blankets :)! A sleepsack still gives your baby room to wiggle, but keeps them safe! we use the sleepsack swaddle from Halo for our smallest and the big kid size from them for our older one. We LOVE halo's stuff! you will love the sleepsack when you try it! We got ours from Halosleep.com i think, but i have gotten some off Amazon too.

Good luck and happy mothering!

• It depends on the sleep sack but you can get roomy ones like I have that keep your active sleeper covered and cozy but let them roll about and sit up without any trouble, I use a knitted merino sleep sack from babysleepbags.com and the special knitted fabric moves with my son's body and doesn't bunch up and restrict his movement like can happen with cheap woven ones. It's roomy at the bottom but the bodice part is snug and doesn't ride up. I've had it since he was a newborn and it still fits him at 18months.
  • Halo also makes an early walker sleep sack so they can stand up. We don't use a sleep sack but instead we do a light cotton PJ and then fleece sleeper over those. At 6 months I would still say no blankets.?
  • DS still uses them.  I love them.
  • Not at all - the sleep sack is great!  DD is a real mover, too, and we use these.  Sometimes when its especially chilly we put them on over her footies. HTH!
  • We don't because DD is pulling up and standing/cruising in her crib.  I just dress her in fleece footies most nights - it's not like it's cold in our house.
  • nope - dd rolls all voer the place, sits up and as of yesterday pulled to standing in her crib- all in a sleepsack. :)
  • Not anymore...she crawls.  Also, I can't just pop her into the exersaucer in a sleepsac early in the morning.  lol!  We don't get dressed right away on the weekends...lol!  Sleepers only!
  • Nope!  It doesn't seem to bother him AT ALL.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"