3rd Trimester

Feeling a pulse in my stomach

When I lay down, I feel a pulse in my stomach.  It is on the left upper side.  It isn't as fast as the babies heartrate so I don't think it is that but it sort of matches mine, but also not completely.  I have an anterior placenta and I am wondering if it is an artery of mine or maybe the umbilical cord pumping.  What do you think?

Re: Feeling a pulse in my stomach

• It's likely your pulse/blood flowing in your arteries/vein.   Pre-preg and earlier in this pregnancy I could see my pulse in my stomach.
    Baby Boy Born 3.15.11. 8lb 9oz, 21.75in. 6 month stats: 20lb 11oz (92%tile), 30.12in.(100%tile - who knew it went over 99th? Which means 100% of other 6 month olds are shorter than mine!)
  • I've felt a pulse in my stomach most of the pregnancy - haven't thought twice about it.   Curious to see what others respond!

imageBabyFruit Tickerimage
    DD due April 2, 2014
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
    DS born April 9, 2011

• Loading the player...
  • imageLuma88:
    I've felt a pulse in my stomach most of the pregnancy - haven't thought twice about it.   Curious to see what others respond!

Yep, me too.  I figure it's the placenta or cord.  No biggie.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • imageLuma88:
    I've felt a pulse in my stomach most of the pregnancy - haven't thought twice about it.   Curious to see what others respond!

Me three. I used to mix it up with hiccups, but it is definately a pulse (but it doesnt match my carotid pulse).. weird.

• I assumed that was what it was either my pulse or the umbilical cord but I'm a first-time Mom and I'm not a super huge fan of my doc.  He tends to think I already know everything and I have to remind him that I have an anterior placenta when he tries to feel the baby and heat the heartbeat.  Anyways, I thought I would just check cause I'm kind of a worry wart.
  • If you don't have a pulse in your abdomen, pregnant or not, then you aren't alive.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I feel one about anywhere on my belly I put my hand.  I figure between the increased blood flow and the thinner skin from stretching its easier to feel. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i feel one reallly low iv felt it on and off this whole 3rd trimester.. i thought it was hiccups but i guess not..

its like a very steady but not fast pulse. doesnt skip a beat.. hmm let me know if you figure it out! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"