Multiples

Please recommend a double stroller and infant car seats

I have twins on the way and am looking for a front/back double stroller that I can manage getting in and out of the car.  Also looking for good car seats.

Re: Please recommend a double stroller and infant car seats

• Are you looking for the car seats to be able to snap into the stroller?  The most popular one (and I had this) is the Double Snap 'N Go stroller, and you can use a few different types of car seats with it.  I had the Graco Snugride 32s, but you can also use the Chicco Keyfit, and I think some others.The car seats will just snap in and out, and it is a front/back stroller.  It's a beast, for sure (as in, you feel like you're driving a bus, because it doesn't maneuver great), but it does the job for the first few months.  You'd then want to upgrade to some other type of double stroller. 
  • I have the Kolcraft Contours tandem and love it.  The carseats snap in, then when they get bigger there are regular seats. 

I had Graco snugrides.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageGSwans:
    Are you looking for the car seats to be able to snap into the stroller?  The most popular one (and I had this) is the Double Snap 'N Go stroller, and you can use a few different types of car seats with it.  I had the Graco Snugride 32s, but you can also use the Chicco Keyfit, and I think some others.The car seats will just snap in and out, and it is a front/back stroller.  It's a beast, for sure (as in, you feel like you're driving a bus, because it doesn't maneuver great), but it does the job for the first few months.  You'd then want to upgrade to some other type of double stroller. 
    Ditto the DSNG and the Graco Snugride 32s. Crazy as it is, I am actually still using my combination at 8+ months! I have a Duoglider as well but haven't used it a lot yet, it's easier to keep them all bundled up in their Snugrides (it's cold here in MI)!!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • We got the Graco Snugride 35 Logan - cute houndstooth print with green trim.  Obviously we haven't used them yet, but they were easy to install.  As for a stroller, we are getting a used double graco one that will hold the car seats from a friend as well as a Baby Trend Navigator jogger - but it's a side by side. 
  • I have the kolcraft contour stroller and I love it! We have the safety 1st onboard35 air infant car seats. Only seats that are made for preemie babies 4 lbs up to 35 lbs. It is also compatible with my stroller. :)
  • Baby jogger city select and Chicco Keyfits car seats. The Chicco is one of the highest rated by consumer reports and it suitable for small babies (one of mine was under 5 lbs when leaving the hospital). I only wanted to buy 1 stroller and love the BJCS so far - it's really smooth and you can use it as a single stroller when req'd too.
    B/G twins!
  • We had the peg-perego's with the DSNG .,

We got the BOB duallie stroller to use after I was done with the DSNG.

• imageGSwans:
    Are you looking for the car seats to be able to snap into the stroller?  The most popular one (and I had this) is the Double Snap 'N Go stroller, and you can use a few different types of car seats with it.  I had the Graco Snugride 32s, but you can also use the Chicco Keyfit, and I think some others.The car seats will just snap in and out, and it is a front/back stroller.  It's a beast, for sure (as in, you feel like you're driving a bus, because it doesn't maneuver great), but it does the job for the first few months.  You'd then want to upgrade to some other type of double stroller. 

This is exactly what I had also.  The girls were too long to be in the stroller when they hit 7.5/8 months.  Then I moved to a double side by side stroller.

I loved the DSNG.  Sad to say goodbye.

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Chicco Keyfit 30 carseats are highly rated for safety.  We used them for DS and will be using them for our twins.  Make sure you look at the weight limit on the carseats, some only go up to 20-22 lbs and I had friends who's babies outgrew their infant seats much faster then they had hoped.  The Chicco Keyfit 30 can hold up to 30lbs or 30 inches tall.  My son was able to use it until 14 months and he only outgrew it due to height.

As for the stroller, I haven't used a double yet, but I have a Double Snap n Go which will work with the Chicco Keyfit 30 carseats.  It's small enough that it should fit in any car so that's helpful.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Get two Chicco Keyfit 30 carseats and a double snap and go! You will be all set without having to spend a fortune!
    www.twinsietown.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"