Multiples

Pack 'n Play for twins?

Hello!  Not sure if this has been asked before (I'm new to the board), but I'm wondering how many of you use a twin pack n' play.  The only one I've been able to find is the Graco Kensington pack n' play on Amazon.  It's a double, with two bassinets.  Others have said they simply let both babies sleep in the bottom of a regular pack n' play.  I'm just trying to figure out if the twin pack n' play is worth the $180.  Thanks for your input!  
Pregnancy Ticker image

Re: Pack 'n Play for twins?

• We got it and didn't like it :(. The bassinets aren't level and they slope towards the middle.  The babies didn't like it and we returned it for a regular pack n play instead.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Get two basic pack n plays...I think I got mine for $80 each. I had no need for the extra frills besides the bassinet portion and having two of them has been invaluable.
  • Loading the player...
  • The twin pack and play is ok. We have it and use it, but the bassinets do slope towards the middle. We have to use rolled up blankets to keep the babies from rolling. I thought it was most useful when they were newborns. We put them on just one side in a bassinet together. It was better then putting them on the bottom of the pack and play which in my opinion was too drafty for a newborn. Unfortunately there are not a lot of great sleep options for newborn twins.

Thanks,

Autumn

www.twinsietown.com

www.twinsietown.com
  • The reviews I read on Amazon on the Graco Kensington were not good. 

We are either getting the 2 mini co-sleepers or 2 small pack and plays.

TTC #1 for over 5 years - too many to count IF treatments (tried everything and anything), repeat miscarriages. Finally, Sticky Success!! B/G Twins arrived 2011. VOTE on my Name List Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we just bought the twin pack and play still waiting for it to arrive this week hopefully we have no problems with it
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I thought it was a waste.

We got 2 PNPs instead.  The girls could sleep in one for several weeks (they came home from the hospital small - both under 5 lbs), but we needed 2 very shortly after.  I forget what the weight limit is for the Kensington...but after I read that people had problems with it dipping, coupled with the weight limit, we decided it wasn't worth it.

We've gone away with the girls (have 2 more trips coming up), and needed portable cribs.  Also, we've used them to sleep at my parents, IL's, friends houses, etc. during the holidays or if we're out during nap time, etc.

I registered for 2 and we got both.  I've made good use of them!

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We thought of getting that at one point but decided to with Arms Reach Original Co Sleeper - https://www.armsreach.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3_1&products_id=14&zenid=5643172f3a031bf2b7a9d7766033aa82 

The weight limit for the Arms reach is about 30 lbs and is ok for twins. Here's more detailed info - https://www.armsreach.com/pages/shop-pv-c10-2.html 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are getting the Arm's reach co-sleeper - the Original one.

It is the ONLY portable playpen/bassinet product that will accommodate the  higher weight limits that become inevitable when dealing with twins.

The bassinet will hold up to 30 pounds (instead of up to 15 pounds with most p&p's) It converts to a Playpen which will hold up to 50 pounds (instead of 30 pounds with most p&p's)

Here's the trick - the full size co-sleeper is not available in Canada - I am having a family member bring mine in from the US.  They can be purchased at Babies r us for just over $200.

The main function is the co-sleep function - we may never even use it for that - but even so, it looks like it'll be well worth the money and effort for us to get one.

Also FYI - read the reviews on the twin pack and play with dual bassinets - they are not good at all - kinds scary actually - that's why we decided against it.

Yvonne :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you so much for all the input!  We'll probably avoid the Graco Kensington PNP and will instead check out the Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper.  
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • We have one and used it. I loved it. The slope thing wasn't a problem for us. They preferred sleeping in it when they were younger because it was more cozy than a big crib.

They are almost a year now and we still use it as a pack n play.

image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We have one and used it. I loved it. The slope thing wasn't a problem for us. They preferred sleeping in the bassinets in it when they were younger because it was more cozy than a big crib.

They are almost a year now and we still use it as a pack n play.

image Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"