Trying to Get Pregnant

Low temps?

Have you ever experienced what you thought was a very low temp on your BBT? I dropped from a 97.7 to a 96.5 in 24 hours.. and as far as I know, all variables were the same (temperature in the house, outside, etc.) Maybe it's not a big drop, but it looks huge on my chart!

I've had some weirdness going on with my BBT lately.. I had posted about some repeated temps and now  I had this huge drop. It's my first cycle temping so I am still learning about what is normal and what isn't.. thanks in advance!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Low temps?

• Did you sleep with your mouth open?
    IMG_6388
    Kylie 10/21/08
    Twin Ectopic - lost left tube 12/29/10
    Surprise BFP EDD 8/21/13
  • Hm, maybe you need a BBT?  What kind do you use? There are certain brands that are better than others.. Also, PP asked about sleeping with your mouth open, and it could affect your temps.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageJenn478:
    Did you sleep with your mouth open?

I'm not sure... it is possible but I am such a deep sleeper that if I do, I don't know about it..

• I have the same problem with my temps, they are all over the place.  I have allergies though and I'm sure I sleep with my mouth open often.  I'm going to switch up when I take my allergy med.  I usually take it in the morning.  I'm going to start taking it in the evening before bed. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagesarajean5682:
    I have the same problem with my temps, they are all over the place.  I have allergies though and I'm sure I sleep with my mouth open often.  I'm going to switch up when I take my allergy med.  I usually take it in the morning.  I'm going to start taking it in the evening before bed. 

My sister in law had to change allergy meds to the evening for other reasons but she found she slept a LOT sounder, which is better for anyone TTC. 

I just began temping and found that I am all over the place so we decided to keep the vaporizer going at night but leave the bedroom door open so that it does not get too hot and I am now wearing the same type of clothes to bed so that I don't have extra layers some nights.  That and I stopped wearing socks to bed as I usually do to stay warmer in the winter but as Spring is hopefully around the corner we decided that I should lose those now.  DH has been awesome helping me think of the variables that have made mine jump.  Are you using the same spot each time, ie the same spot in your mouth?  

image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My temps have a huge range too, with 96 being my lowest and 98.50 this morning as the highest for this cycle. I've heard that taking it vaginally is more accurate. I'm gonna try that next cycle just to see if it actually makes a difference. Good luck!
  • check out my yesterday temp and my today temp! I am sick, and i did have a fever yesterday, but pretty much anything is normal. maybe if theres a huge difference, try temping vaginally next cycle. I plan on switching over to vaginal temps next month if I dont get my BFP.
  • I have VERY low temps.  Take a glance at my chart if you want but I can tell you that I drop into the 95's and 96.2 was my cover line last cycle.  When I first started temping, someone on here noticed my super-low temp and I assumed that my thermometer was bad and I bought a brand new BBT but I still get the same types of temps.  I also probably sleep with my mouth open and we keep the ceiling fan on.  I've checked my temp at the end of the day, though, and was 97 point-something the other night so I think in general my "normal" is just low.

<<Yes, I will ask the Dr. about this next visit...I never knew about it before temping...>>

Anyway, I think everyone's "normal" is different and it is also normal to have random spikes and drops.  I haven't seen many charts that look perfectly flat and then have CHs with a spike and flat again.  Most ladies are up and down but a thermal shift is evident.

Just keep track of all of the temps, no matter how weird you think they are.  You can also look at the chart gallery on FF to see other charts if that might help.

Good luck!!

• imageMrsMitty08:

I have VERY low temps.  Take a glance at my chart if you want but I can tell you that I drop into the 95's and 96.2 was my cover line last cycle.  When I first started temping, someone on here noticed my super-low temp and I assumed that my thermometer was bad and I bought a brand new BBT but I still get the same types of temps.  I also probably sleep with my mouth open and we keep the ceiling fan on.  I've checked my temp at the end of the day, though, and was 97 point-something the other night so I think in general my "normal" is just low.

<<Yes, I will ask the Dr. about this next visit...I never knew about it before temping...>>

Anyway, I think everyone's "normal" is different and it is also normal to have random spikes and drops.  I haven't seen many charts that look perfectly flat and then have CHs with a spike and flat again.  Most ladies are up and down but a thermal shift is evident.

Just keep track of all of the temps, no matter how weird you think they are.  You can also look at the chart gallery on FF to see other charts if that might help.

Good luck!!

Thank you SO much!!
  • Thanks for the help everyone :)
  • imageMrsMitty08:

I have VERY low temps.  Take a glance at my chart if you want but I can tell you that I drop into the 95's and 96.2 was my cover line last cycle.  When I first started temping, someone on here noticed my super-low temp and I assumed that my thermometer was bad and I bought a brand new BBT but I still get the same types of temps.  I also probably sleep with my mouth open and we keep the ceiling fan on.  I've checked my temp at the end of the day, though, and was 97 point-something the other night so I think in general my "normal" is just low.

Good luck!!

ME TOO!! I feel like im the ice queen of nador all the time! not sure why my temps are low all the time! you can peek at my chart too if you want. Not sure if its "normal" but its normal for me.

• imageEboom:
    imageMrsMitty08:

Good luck!!

ME TOO!! I feel like im the ice queen of nador all the time! not sure why my temps are low all the time! you can peek at my chart too if you want. Not sure if its "normal" but its normal for me.

I just checked out your chart and I am so glad to know that I am not alone!!  I have had my thyroid checked a few times before (not recently or in relation to TTC and my temps) but I assume if there was an issue, it would have shown.  I think I am just cold.  :)

I got pretty worried when I first started temping because of the temps I had in the 95s because Dr. Google told me that was hypothermia!  

We live in Florida now and DH wants to move to MI (for family) and I can only imagine that I'll be shivering ALL of the time there. I need to start buying long-underwear Indifferent

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"