3rd Trimester

Need some advice!!

Tomorrow I will be 39 weeks pregnant! I have been 1cm dilated for a month now and every time I go to the doctor she says there is no more change! I really want to have my doctor deliver my baby but she is only on call at the hospital on mondays and fridays so she said she would consider inducing me this friday so that we know for sure we will have her as our doctor as long as I am at least 2cm!!! (Also I am supposed to go back to work mid april and she wants to make sure I have plenty of time to heal before then.) But anyways she says she will only do it if I've reached 2cm because then I am "induceable". My question is, what can I do dilate further?? Has anyone heard of anything that works?? I've been reading up on it and see the typical responces of have sex and walk but I've been doing both of these things every day and feel no different!! If anything helped you in the past or you know of something that helped someone you know, please share!!!!! Thanks =)

Re: Need some advice!!

• I would honestly just wait and let the baby at least have it's full 40 weeks of growing  But if you really want to know try nipple stimulation and castor oil (ugh don't do it unless you have to I tried it three times and it didn't work for me but it works for some people make sure you stay up on your water and near a toilet)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Someone just posted in this post that she pumped to do nipple stimulation and went into labor with her last. I read it literally right before I opened this one. Walking, sex, nipple stimulation, accupressure (get a pedi!). 

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/49888298.aspx  

• Loading the player...
  • Can't they do the foley bulb thingy to make you dialate more before inducing???   Can she strip your membranes?  They were going to induce me starting at nothing.

I was 41 wks and still not dialated with DS---it sucked.  The only thing doctor said was sex--ugh.  tried it--didn't work.  I tried walking--bouncing on the ball...you name it.  I've heard evening primrose oil helps but don't know much about it.

GL to you!!

• Don't do anything. Honestly, OWTs are just that - tales. Castor oil will most likely only give you cramps and diarrhea.

• I probably should add that I measure 3 weeks ahead and the doctor said the baby is allready at least 8lbs and will be fine if I am induced early. My first due date was Feb 28th and I think that one was the right one but for some reason they just left it at March 9th! She is ready to come out!!!!!!! =) 
  • imageKaylbe:
    I probably should add that I measure 3 weeks ahead and the doctor said the baby is allready at least 8lbs and will be fine if I am induced early. My first due date was Feb 28th and I think that one was the right one but for some reason they just left it at March 9th! She is ready to come out!!!!!!! =) 

Take it from someone who was induced I would honestly just wait.  She is saying you have to be 2 cm because of your Bishop Score is borderline at 2 cm.  At 1 cm it is a pretty big fail without additional intervention.  If you are at a O you can request misopropyl that is more effective IMO than cervadil.  They predicted a humongous baby with DD and she was only 8 lbs so take predictions with a grain of salt.  When I was induced the first time I went through 12 hours of "labor on pitocin" and did not dilate and was not willing to allow them to break my water (point of no return).  Are you willing to make those decisions before hand.  I just wasn't willing to risk a c section.

• I actually heard from my friend that taking a table spoon of fish oil can help you go into labor.  Also there are pressure points on the bottoms of your feet that will start contractions.  If you go get a pedicure the people will mostlikely not touch your feet there because it works so well.  There are also pressure points on your hands.  If you go to a spa nail salon and ask they will most likely be able to press on that pressure point during a nice relaxing pedicure!.  GL!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"