Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Come in for an angry rant about the state of affairs

1.  Gas prices.  The lack of effort to get us off foreign oil.  Price gouging.  The government's unwillingness / inability to provide relief in this area.

2. Families spend 15+K on childcare expenses.  You can only write off 5K for your taxes.

3.  Grocery prices increasing (especially wheat) because of droughts, etc.

4.  Health care costs.  I have very good health insurance.  And yet, I was charged (symbolically) 666$ for my yearly gyn visit because my insurance doesn't cover preventative care.  My c-section did not even cost me 666$. 

5. All of the above while so many people are out of work. 

6. By and large, students (I'm a teacher) place no value on education.  They are apathetic, at best.  I had an "average-level" student, a varsity athlete, in a wealthy suburban district refuse to take a quiz yesterday because it was difficult.  "Yeah, I'm not doing this."

7. Simultaneously, society blames teachers when students fail.  In fact, many people want merit pay for teachers.  They want to base my salary on kids who literally say to my face, "Yeah, I'm not doing this" when faced with a challenge, but that doesn't deter the merit pay seekers because, after all, it's "my job to motivate kids"-- which in turn brings me back to blame directed at teachers when students fail.

8. My husband's buddy is shacking up in our house because he's on hard times and is absolutely, utterly using us and draining us financially. 

9. Rush Limbaugh exists.

10. I suck at photography.

11.  Georgia is proposing a bill that would call for investigation of miscarriages to make sure women weren't trying to commit what they call pre-natal homicide.

12.  No spring in sight yet for Chicago.  Brrrrrr.

Devil

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Come in for an angry rant about the state of affairs

• :::raises hand and jumps up and down::: 

Can I play? Can I play?

1. My husband has absolutely no idea how to discipline our four year old. He is only interested in being his 'friend'. Because of this, said four year old is a holy terror every Friday and Saturday when Dad is home. He knows he can get away with it with his father, and I end up being the bad guy with both of them every. single. weekend.

2. Teething sucks ass

3. My kids start daycare next Monday and it is going to cost me an extra 920 dollars a month. 920 DOLLARS!!!!

4. Gas prices, which you already touched on, make me want to puke.

5. That guy in Georgia is an asshat if there ever was one, and it makes me wonder how intelligent the people in his district are if they elected him.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Okay, just want to say that your post made me sad and lol at the same time.  So thank you.  And, of course, I will play too...

1.  Teething, most definitely, sucks ass.

2. My 10 month old getting influenza even though she had her flu shots, also sucks ass.

3. That guy in Georgia deserves a good punch in the face.  I understand some people are pro-life and I respect that, but what they are proposing is just ridiculous, imo.

4. Basketball season (High School) can kiss my ass.  DH is the athletic director at the school where he teaches and has to be at every home game.  And this started right after football season which he coaches.   Luckily for him, it should be over next week because this girl right here is ready for a break.

5. I know I live in western NY and so I don't usually complain about the weather, but I am seriously ready for the blizzards to stop at least.  We are running out of places to put the snow....

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah don't let me get started on the fact that Obama has advisers in his cabinet from the Clinton administration and the CEO's of the banks he bailed out. That is not the way to "change" or fix the economy.

I am just glad I own a hybrid and my husband could walk or ride to work if we had to do that. Plus the price of gas here is some of the lowest prices in the U.S.

...and as always it can be worse. Europe pays like 2 euro a liter and there are 4 liters in a gallon.  That's why many of them do ride their bike everyday and take public transportation.

The best you can do is become as self sufficient as possible....grow your own food, learn to sew, get a hybrid or a bike and plan for the worst.  I am trying to learn new skills so that I can laugh in the peoples faces that want my money. I made homemade laundry soap the other day!

• I'm sorry, but you don't get to complain about gas prices.  Here we are paying over a dollar a litre.  What you are paying is the equivalent of about 75 cents a litre.  And we don't use foreign oil we use oil from refineries about 5 hours from where I live.  So I'm sorry, but I feel zero compassion for you in regards to gas prices.  I haven't paid as low as you are paying in literally at least 5 years.

Daughter #1 - February 12, 2010 

natural m/c March 11, 2011 at 8 1/2 weeks 

Daughter #2 - January 11, 2012 

Ectopic pregnancy discovered November 6, 2012 at 6 weeks

Daughter #3 - January 19, 2014

Started our exploration into the world of international adoption June 2012.  We have no idea what this is going to look like but we are excited to find out!

image              image

• Gas prices fluctuate with the seasons.  I don't know why people are always shocked when gas prices are up in summer and winter.  They also increase with inflation and when supply is threatened (like it is in many African nations right now).  It is not a result of politicians' inaction.  But I understand why it makes you all feel better to blame them.
  • imagedhviel:
    I'm sorry, but you don't get to complain about gas prices.  Here we are paying over a dollar a litre.  What you are paying is the equivalent of about 75 cents a litre.  And we don't use foreign oil we use oil from refineries about 5 hours from where I live.  So I'm sorry, but I feel zero compassion for you in regards to gas prices.  I haven't paid as low as you are paying in literally at least 5 years.

That's terrible for you (and we really do get it), but when we're used to paying x amount and it goes up, we have every right to complain about it.  

Maybe I should take notes so that if I ever see you complain about anything changing or going up in price I can have you eat your words.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageDrinknDerive:
    Gas prices fluctuate with the seasons.  I don't know why people are always shocked when gas prices are up in summer and winter.  They also increase with inflation and when supply is threatened (like it is in many African nations right now).  It is not a result of politicians' inaction.  But I understand why it makes you all feel better to blame them.

What other seasons are there but summer and winter?  So what seasonal fluctuation would you be referring to LOL.  

• imageHip2Bsquare:

Yeah don't let me get started on the fact that Obama has advisers in his cabinet from the Clinton administration and the CEO's of the banks he bailed out. That is not the way to "change" or fix the economy.

I am just glad I own a hybrid and my husband could walk or ride to work if we had to do that. Plus the price of gas here is some of the lowest prices in the U.S.

...and as always it can be worse. Europe pays like 2 euro a liter and there are 4 liters in a gallon.  That's why many of them do ride their bike everyday and take public transportation.

The best you can do is become as self sufficient as possible....grow your own food, learn to sew, get a hybrid or a bike and plan for the worst.  I am trying to learn new skills so that I can laugh in the peoples faces that want my money. I made homemade laundry soap the other day!

Those things aren't possible for everyone. Can't afford a new used car, let alone a hybrid. In DFW, there is no public transportation, so driving is my only option. It takes me over an hour by car to get to work, so a bike is not possible. Neither is working closer to home due to my field. Can't move because we can't afford to pay back our $7500 tax credit as new homebuyers in one lump sum. In short - SCREWED.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageShell24:

imageDrinknDerive:
    Gas prices fluctuate with the seasons.  I don't know why people are always shocked when gas prices are up in summer and winter.  They also increase with inflation and when supply is threatened (like it is in many African nations right now).  It is not a result of politicians' inaction.  But I understand why it makes you all feel better to blame them.

What other seasons are there but summer and winter?  So what seasonal fluctuation would you be referring to LOL.  

You're serious?

• imageShell24:

imageDrinknDerive:

ETA: Saw you were joking, glad you know there are 4 seasons, never can be sure with people on the internet :)

• imageDrinknDerive:
    imageShell24:

imageDrinknDerive:

You're serious?

Uh, no.  It's a joke.  Hence the LOL.  Heather and I live in the same area.  Where there are jokingly only 2 seasons...technically it's winter and construction.

Thanks for being a biitch and assuming I legitimately think there are only 2 seasons.  Wow. 

• imageShell24:
    imageDrinknDerive:
    imageShell24:

imageDrinknDerive:

You're serious?

Uh, no.  It's a joke.  Hence the LOL.  Heather and I live in the same area.  Where there are jokingly only 2 seasons...technically it's winter and construction.

Thanks for being a biitch and assuming I legitimately think there are only 2 seasons.  Wow. 

If you thought that was me being a biitch, we clearly haven't interacted much.  Who was the first one to call names?  Oh yeah, it was you.  

• imageShell24:
    imageDrinknDerive:
    imageShell24:

imageDrinknDerive:

You're serious?

So she's a b*tch because she didn't get your joke? I believe it's because she doesn't live in Chicago... I get it; I live in Detroit. If I lived in TX, it would be different. 

Sheesh. 

• imageDaisyFull:

So she's a b*tch because she didn't get your joke? I believe it's because she doesn't live in Chicago... I get it; I live in Detroit. If I lived in TX, it would be different. 

Sheesh. 

Technically, Texas only has two seasons as well: Damn Hot, and Not as Hot.

*Lifelong Texan*

:P

Jack Anderson 2.28.10 Our amazing little man. image
  • Dont get me started on teachers. DH and I are both teachers and live in NJ. I wish Chris Christie never existed.
  • I live in Wisconsin-nuff said. But, on a good note, I am so proud of the protestors. I was down at the capital yesterday and there were close to 100,000 people. It was so uplifting and energizing.
    Child #1: 6 yo DD Child #2: 2yo DD
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"