April 2011 Moms

update to measuring small.....

I'm a pretty sporadic poster, but I just wanted to include this as encouragement for anyone else who was told that they might be a little "small" based on belly measurements.

I had my growth scan yesterday, and based on measurements taken from that, baby is just where s/he needs to be.  My OB said that even though my belly only measures around 27 weeks, and I am almost 34 weeks, the ultrasound showed that everything is fine and she is not worried at all.  Some people just have small bellies!

So, anyone who is waiting on an answer to something similar, hang in there!  I am sure your babies are just perfect! :)

Re: update to measuring small.....

• People tell me all the time that my belly is very small for being 34 weeks.  OB has said baby is where she needs to be so I haven't worried.  I'm just all baby.

Glad your OB gave you good news. 

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • First of all I am so glad that everything okay with you LO. Second, I have to say I am jealous. I wish I were measuring small. Getting a little tired of the "you are never going to make it to April" comments. So glad we have healthy babies though.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am glad to hear your LO is measuring right on track. It is also encouraging to hear that just bc your belly is measuring small doesn't mean the baby is. Everyone keeps telling me I am too small for being 32 weeks, but I am only measuring a week behind and my doctor isn't worried. Hearing everyones comments make me worry though, I really wish people would just keep their opinions to themselves.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks girls..... and just wanted to add to the "you're never going to make it".... A week ago, a guy in a car care shop told me I looked like I was about to pop and "I don't think you're going to make it to April."  Really?  I know we all say it everyday on The Bump, but people just have no clue with pregnant women.  They don't realize that every woman carries differently at different stages.

Hope everything is going good with you ladies too! :)

• So glad LO is measuring fine ! Everybody is different in the way we carry these babies of ours.
  • imageeanderson2:
    First of all I am so glad that everything okay with you LO. Second, I have to say I am jealous. I wish I were measuring small. Getting a little tired of the "you are never going to make it to April" comments. So glad we have healthy babies though.

This. i'm not sure i'm even going to make it!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am measuring 4 weeks AHEAD..i go for a growth  u/s on tuesday.  Glad to hear that your LO is doing well =)
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • During my last appointment, the doctor told me I was measuring small, and tho she's not concerned, she scheduled me for an ultrasound on Thrusday. I am 36 weeks and of course, i googled and now I'm just scared of something being wrong, so close 2 the finish line. I just started really showing about 2 wks ago but everyone thinks I'm about 5 months prego at that most. I'm very glad everything is good on ur end.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"