3rd Trimester

My MIL is amazing!

She had the day off of work because of our weather and called this morning saying she wanted to come hang out with me so I didn't have to be stranded at home alone in case I go into labor.

When she showed up she told me to go to bed.  She had brought some toys for the boys and watched them all morning while I slept.

Then she stayed and helped me get lunch ready, clean up the toys, and put the boys down for naps.  Left just in time for me to take nap #2 for the day (which is where I'm headed right now).

She is also taking the boys for a few hours tomorrow so I can rest or clean.

I love this woman!

Re: My MIL is amazing!

• That is one awesome MIL!

Braydon 1.23.09
    Weston 3.24.11
    EDD 5.26.14
  • How sweet!  You're going to make all of those MIL-bashers jealous!
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I love this! What a great MIL! My DS gma will take him for 2-3 days every few weekends & it's such a blessing! I tell her it's like the gift that keeps on giving. We are so lucky!

Photobucket
    Landon & Porter
    1-10-07 & 5-11-11
  • imageSouthSideDrea:
    Awesome!  I love to hear good MIL stories because I have a good one too, and sometimes they don't get enough love!

I feel so sorry for women who have a rocky relationship with their MILs.  Mine is honestly like my second mother and in many ways I am closer to her than my own.  There are 4 daughters in my family and my mom is much closer to some of my sisters.

• That's so awesome! I'm always glad to hear when people have good relationships with their in-laws. I love all my in-laws but especially my MIL and it just makes everything so much easier. We're all family... there's no my child vs. their spouse, its just all family and all love!
  • imageangeldust1401:
    That's so awesome! I'm always glad to hear when people have good relationships with their in-laws. I love all my in-laws but especially my MIL and it just makes everything so much easier. We're all family... there's no my child vs. their spouse, its just all family and all love!

Wish this is how it was for me...unfortunately me and MIL aern't exactly the closest. We get along at times but my BIL girlfriend is deff. her prize possesion and does no wrong in her eyes. Oh and don't forget how much I get reminded from her how she just LOVED my husbnads ex and would have taken her for a DIL anyday, ya. I have such an amazing MIL...NOT!    But I am glad you guys have a great relationship and enjoy your free time :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's so awesome! That's something my mom would do, but certainly not MIL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thats great!!!! I had the best MIL in the world that would do the same thing. She even used to take Dylan every other friday night for a "hot date" and would take him to dinenr and a movie. Unfortunatly my MIL passed away last july. :(
  • imagerickandcaitlin:
    Thats great!!!! I had the best MIL in the world that would do the same thing. She even used to take Dylan every other friday night for a "hot date" and would take him to dinenr and a movie. Unfortunatly my MIL passed away last july. :(

I'm so sorry for yor loss :(

• Super like!!! What a nice relaxing day for you!

My MIL is amazing too. I'm lucky to have her.

• imageSouthSideDrea:
    Awesome!  I love to hear good MIL stories because I have a good one too, and sometimes they don't get enough love!

AGREED! My MIL is amazing.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • WOW, she sounds like a great MIL!
    My sweet girl born April 17, 2011. http://i52.tinypic.com/dzw4md.jpg
  • Yes
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married 12/8/07 | Sleeve Gastrectomy 10/19/09
    BFP#1 DD born 3/9/11 | BFP#4 DD born 9/20/13
    BFP#2 6/21/12, M/C at 5w2d | BFP#3 11/27/12, M/C at 6w6d
  • I am jealous, I wish that my MIL didn't drive me crazy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"