Babies: 0 - 3 Months

If your LO wakes to eat during the night...

How long does it take him/her to fall back asleep AFTER eating?

My LO used to fall asleep eating then stay asleep... now she falls asleep nursing then wakes up 5 minutes after I put her down and is WIDE awake! It really sucks.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: If your LO wakes to eat during the night...

• My little guy will fall back asleep almost instantly. If not, then I will just nurse him a little more, hum, and rock and he will be out like a light
  • I am having this isse as well, he will eat around midnight, then he will cry and fuss for hours! I will finally get him to sleep two hours later! it's exhaughsting! I don't know what to do to make it quicker.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • We cosleep so I change him before I start nursing and then let him nurse himself/myself back to sleep.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • She falls back asleep pretty easily once she's full
  • She falls asleep eating.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I FF and when LO wakes in the night to feed sometimes he falls asleep quickly and other times it requires some work :O)  I will usually rock him and set him in the RnP.  If he fusses, I put the paci in his mouth and rock the RnP.  Then I just leave the room.  If he cries I go back and replace the paci and rock the RnP.  I don't usually ever pick him back up...
    imageimage
  • She falls asleep eating, then wakes when I swaddle her. Until last week I had to walk and rock her to sleep but this past week she has started being able to put herself to sleep. As in, she wakes when I swaddle her but closes her eyes once I put her down.
  • imagejenbowman:

We cosleep so I change him before I start nursing and then let him nurse himself/myself back to sleep.

This

Hopefully it stays this way

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• varies wildly.  on a good night- right away or within 5-10 minutes.  on a bad night, an hour and a half, sometimes all the way into the next feeding.  Just when I think we have her on track, she will have a bad night. 
  • It usually takes her about 20 minutes to eat and if she doesn't fall asleep while eating then I rock her for a few minutes until she's sleeping. Sometimes we can put her back in the PNP with the music on and she'll fall asleep on her own.
    IMG_5889 Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagesaraboston:

How long does it take him/her to fall back asleep AFTER eating?

My LO used to fall asleep eating then stay asleep... now she falls asleep nursing then wakes up 5 minutes after I put her down and is WIDE awake! It really sucks.

I could have written this.  DS is down to waking once in the night, usually between 3:00 and 4:00.  If I change his diaper, he thinks it's party time and he's awake for the next hour.  If I don't have to change him, he falls asleep again.  Problem is, he almost always poops while he's nursing, and I can't let him sleep the next 4 hours in a dirty diaper.

• We change DD before she eats and she will usually then fall back to sleep nursing and go back in her bassinet with no problem. Sometimes she will be awake, but drowsy, so I let her fall to sleep on my chest (easiest way to get her to sleep) and then transfer her to the bassinet.
    Dee, Mommy to: Sofia, born 2/9/11, as well as three dogs, two cats and a multitude of chinchillas. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • the same as this although I dont have a rock n play. I just rub belly and replace paci but dont pick up again.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • from 4pm - 9pm he is wide awake and I have to bounce myself on the bed while holding LO, 10 minutes later he is asleep, it is so tiring but it works, after that he wakes up at 12am and at 3-4am, and he falls asleep right away.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • DD used to do this. What works for me was when she fell asleep I would burp and change her, then she'd  be awake after the changing to feed her the rest.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"