Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Anyone else's LO have REALLY bad baby acne?

I feel kinda dumb asking this because I'm pretty sure it's just baby acne but dd1 never had it this bad. It's all over dd2's head, face, neck, chest, back, even her ears! I'd feel dumb calling the Pedi over baby acne but I can't decide if it's baby acne or a rash. It doesn't seem to bother her though....

Re: Anyone else's LO have REALLY bad baby acne?

• yep! we saw the doc the other day (for other stuff) but she suggested using aquaphor twice a day, its really helping and keeping it from drying out too much.
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • Our pedi told us to put cortizone on all the blemished areas and top it with aquaphor (or similar type product).  We did it at night to best ensure it staying on.  DD's baby acne was gone in two days.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagerobs867:
    Our pedi told us to put cortizone on all the blemished areas and top it with aquaphor (or similar type product).  We did it at night to best ensure it staying on.  DD's baby acne was gone in two days.

Cortizone you just buy at the store?

And we asked the pedi and she told us to just make sure we wipe her face clean with a wash cloth and use aquaphor. But she definitely still has some on her cheeks and forehead. Blah! I haven't used cortizone though. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemisskel22:

imagerobs867:
    Our pedi told us to put cortizone on all the blemished areas and top it with aquaphor (or similar type product).  We did it at night to best ensure it staying on.  DD's baby acne was gone in two days.

Cortizone you just buy at the store?

And we asked the pedi and she told us to just make sure we wipe her face clean with a wash cloth and use aquaphor. But she definitely still has some on her cheeks and forehead. Blah! I haven't used cortizone though. 

Yeah.  I found a cortizone stick at Walmart or Rite-Aid.  It makes application easier because I just wipe the stick across DD's face.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagerobs867:

You're kidding! You should never put cortisone on your face, let alone anywhere on your baby's body! That is very dangerous advice! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"