2nd Trimester
Options

It is not worth stressing out over every detail- you will survive

Just a note to all the mamas to be...  I used to be like many of you and obsessed over having the perfect nursery, stroller, trying to settle on a name with husband before baby was born, and making a list of what I would need to bring to the hospital, etc....  Well, when my baby made a surprise entrance into the world at 29 weeks (I actually went in hospital at 24 weeks and was put on hospitalized bedrest for 4 weeks then was sent home even though I was never high risk and was having a great pregnancy)- I did not have a hospital bag packed, we did not have a name picked, we did not even order our furniture yet!  And we managed just fine.  When I look back at my first and second trimester insanity of fighting with husband over a name, looking at 10 different furniture stores, and crazily enough making my hospital bag checklist when i was only 8 weeks pregnant, I now realize that is was unnecessary stress.  So enjoy your pregnancy, go with the flow and do not stress over every detail because I promise you it will all fall in place.  This is coming from a Crazy Type A Personality Girl who has a list for everything.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: It is not worth stressing out over every detail- you will survive

• Options

Thanks for the tip, it's easier said than done

Sincerely Another Type A Crazy Big Smile

• Options

imageiristony:
    Just a note to all the mamas to be...  I used to be like many of you and obsessed over having the perfect nursery, stroller, trying to settle on a name with husband before baby was born, and making a list of what I would need to bring to the hospital, etc....  Well, when my baby made a surprise entrance into the world at 29 weeks (I actually went in hospital at 24 weeks and was put on hospitalized bedrest for 4 weeks then was sent home even though I was never high risk and was having a great pregnancy)- I did not have a hospital bag packed, we did not have a name picked, we did not even order our furniture yet!  And we managed just fine.  When I look back at my first and second trimester insanity of fighting with husband over a name, looking at 10 different furniture stores, and crazily enough making my hospital bag checklist when i was only 8 weeks pregnant, I now realize that is was unnecessary stress.  So enjoy your pregnancy, go with the flow and do not stress over every detail because I promise you it will all fall in place.  This is coming from a Crazy Type A Personality Girl who has a list for everything.

agreed .. 100% Yes

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I also wanted to add that we were registered for 3 classes (all day birth class, happiest baby on block, and i now forget the third).  We did not make it to any of these and my 9 month old son turned out just fine.
  • Options
    i agree with you totally...this being our 2nd baby, all the questions about strollers and diaper bags and cribs just seem silly to me.  i remember how important i thought it was when i was pg with DD...it's your first, so obviously you are super excited to pick that stuff out.  now, i just want to focus on having a healthy baby and a healthy delivery...i'm not concerned at all about all the details!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks!  I'm just now 9 weeks pregnant with my first baby, and I was wondering just how fanatical I should be right now.  Your post certainly helped put things into better perspective for me. 
  • Options
    This is a great post! Thanks for sharing your advice! It's appreciated. Smile
  • Options
    Your son is so cute!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"