3rd Trimester

Anyone else not have a name?

We dont- we have a few that we like, but can't decide on one. We will probably just wait to see her to choose, but I'm scared we still won't have any to choose from! HA- baby "no name".

Here are a few that we haven't ruled out yet.

Ruby

Hadley

Halle

Parker

To be honest- I'm tired of looking at names. I just want to decide on one already!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone else not have a name?

• We have a girl name (Grace Ellen) but don't have a boy name decided on.  I let DH decide and for the longest time he was set on Moses, but just recently told me he is thinking about another name and is keeping it a surprise.  I'd dying to know what it is!

I like Ruby the best from your list!

• image+adamwife+:

We have a girl name (Grace Ellen) but don't have a boy name decided on.  I let DH decide and for the longest time he was set on Moses, but just recently told me he is thinking about another name and is keeping it a surprise.  I'd dying to know what it is!

I always thought Joseph would go well with David and Gabriel.  

• Loading the player...
  • Ruby is #2 on our list. In fact, we keep going back and forth on it....Naming girls is proving to be a much greater challenge than naming boys. At least for me!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We're right there with you.  This weekend, I told my husband that I was ready for our little guy to have a name.  I am tired of going back & forth and being undecided. 

Most consistently, we've been calling him "Little K" (our last name = K).  Otherwise, when we're joking around, my husband calls him Ben and I call him Braden (not sure how we'd spell that).  And sometimes we throw in a "Joe" or "Alex" for good measure, because those are also viable possibilities.  LOL.  I feel like our son is going to be Little K forever... which honestly is my favorite name to call him.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageAnneShirleyBlythe:
    image+adamwife+:

We have a girl name (Grace Ellen) but don't have a boy name decided on.  I let DH decide and for the longest time he was set on Moses, but just recently told me he is thinking about another name and is keeping it a surprise.  I'd dying to know what it is!

Adam won't use any names that anyone in his family (cousins) has already used.  It's a HUGE family of mostly men, who all use Biblical names, so pretty much every name I like has been shot down (Joseph included - it's a cousin name).  I was set on Paul when I found out I was pregnant and then SIL got pregnant and said she wanted to name her baby Paul after her grandpa.  I "gave" the name to her.  I guess I could still use it, but I think it would cause family tension.

Who knows?!  Anything but Moses, IMO.  I could get used to it, but I don't think it goes well with the other boys' names.

• Me!  DH and I have been going over this for what seems like forever.  I think we have it narrowed down to two - Abigail and Morgan.

I'm with you.  I just want to pick one and be done with it.  I'm so tired of thinking about names.  Maybe I'll just flip a coin ;)

imageimageimageimage
  • We don't have a name either.  We don't even have a list to choose off of!  We had such a hard time picking one for DD#1 that when we found out this was another girl, we freaked b/c we can't decide on a name!  Just like y'all, we are probably going to wait until we see her to pick her name but I would like to at least have a list to go off of!  Also like you, I am sick of looking at name... she just needs to be named!

• image+adamwife+:
    imageAnneShirleyBlythe:
    image+adamwife+:

Adam won't use any names that anyone in his family (cousins) has already used.  It's a HUGE family of mostly men, who all use Biblical names, so pretty much every name I like has been shot down (Joseph included - it's a cousin name).  I was set on Paul when I found out I was pregnant and then SIL got pregnant and said she wanted to name her baby Paul after her grandpa.  I "gave" the name to her.  I guess I could still use it, but I think it would cause family tension.

Who knows?!  Anything but Moses, IMO.  I could get used to it, but I don't think it goes well with the other boys' names.

I can understand that.

My favorite biblical names are Malachi and Ezra. Thankfully this is a girl though, because DH and I would divorce if we had to name another boy. Or we would just have two sons named John.  

• I'm partial to Ruby on your list.... just cause that's what we chose. It's a beautiful name but really, I'm hoping it doesn't end up too popular. I don't want there to be 50 Ruby's in her class- I have a really common name and I still hate it. I wish my parents would have been more original.
    DSCN3691-1

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• We have four different girl names that we like ... so it's going to come down to her coming out and us picking. It's very different from the boys, when we knew exactly what their names were going to be.
    G: 08-02-06 ~ D: 02-21-09 ~ Z: 04-16-11
  • Me. We're Team Green and we have two lists of names that are absolute nos and then nothing that's even a potential one. With DD the second we said her name out loud that was it- with this kid we can't even find something we consider for more than a minute.
    Our Little Family Keeps Growing! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We don't have a name yet either and I'm tiring of the search too.  DH and I aren't even on the same page yet!  The other day he threw Kaitlin into the mix, so we may be getting closer.  We'll probably go to the hospital with a top 2 or 3 for either sex and choose when we meet him/her.

FWIW I like Ruby best out of you list.

Children should be seen, and heard, and believed. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejenreally:
    We have four different girl names that we like ... so it's going to come down to her coming out and us picking.

This.  We still need to narrow down our list but we will not choose until she is born for sure.  We did the same thing with our son and I was happy that we waited.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • We still have a while, but no name yet.  Not even close.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know. We call it the "the name of the week". We laugh about it but I am with yah... Pick something already!!LOL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have a list with a bunch of names on it, but we haven't decided on one yet.  All we know is the middle name so far.  I may have to bring this up tonight  so we can talk about it again.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We dont have names! Maybe one: Hudson, but baby number two??

I like Halle & Parker from your list :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image   and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageKMac2784:

We dont- we have a few that we like, but can't decide on one. We will probably just wait to see her to choose, but I'm scared we still won't have any to choose from! HA- baby "no name".

Ruby

Hadley

Halle

Parker

To be honest- I'm tired of looking at names. I just want to decide on one already!

I like Halle!

• We're halfway there. We have had our girl name for a long time, but we're stumped with boy names.  I finally convinced my DH of my boy name, and now that he loves it, I don't.  Of course!

Oh, and I added another girl name. DH loves them both, so if it's a girl, we'll decide once we see her. 

If it's a boy, he might just be called baby boy for a while :) 

• imageKMac2784:

Ruby

Hadley

Halle

Parker

I Love Ruby, Hadley and Parker. Those were all on my list, but DH is really awesome at shooting names down.

We think we're going to make a decision when she pops out. We're down to:

Miranda Katharine

Charlotte Katharine

Shelby Katharine

Lucille/Lucy Katharine (I only like Lucy he wants formal Lucille, so we'll probably not use this name). 

• Boy names are impossible for us. We could have had ten girl names that we both loved, but boy names are so, so much harder.

We have narrowed our list down to what we thought was our top three. Last night, DH was talking to my belly and said, "I love you so much!" and I said "blank..." trying to prompt him to see what his gut said about filling in that blank. He paused...and said he didn't know, but it wasn't any of the names in our top three list. :-((( I really hope we aren't back to square one.

Dear Bump: You suck.
  • We had a boy's name and girl's name in mind when we found out we were pregnant, or at least I did. Now DH is saying he doesn't really remember discussing names and feels left out, like I chose our daughter's name on my own and just informed him.

I've loved the name for 4 years and didn't have any back up names at all! We didn't even discuss other names or get a baby name book or anything!

I just refuse to incorporate the name Weiss into my daughter's name! That was his crazy suggestion last night - as a way to honor his grandmother. But I don't think even his grandmother would want us to use her maiden name for a baby girl's name. Sure, use her first or middle name, but even then why give our daughter 3 or 4 names when then don't even sound good together!

I'm devastated. I guess we're back to square one, but DH can tell his mom & mine, because they LOVED the name we had picked, because it honored them both. I just don't know why he has to bring things like this up now, when we should be getting ready for her to arrive, not fighting about what her name will be!!!

• I don't!  We have a short list (finally!) and will wait to see what she looks like.  Maybe you should just relax about it and try that approach... I personally don't want to start calling her something and then find out that she

a. doesn't look like the name we chose or

b. is a boy (you never really know, right??) 

On your list, I REALLY LOVE Ruby!!  I had that on my list but DH doesn't like it because he had a co-worker named Rudy who he always called Ruby.  :( 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"