Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Here's my whiney post of the day

I have had a stomach ache every day for like a week straight.  Every time I eat, my stomach hurts like hell.  I'm getting so tired of it!  I was thinking it was from stress, but would it really happen every day for this long?  I just want to eat in peace.  Hmmph.

Re: Here's my whiney post of the day

• When I'm stressed out, my stomach can/will be out of whack for several weeks. I'm sorry you don't feel good. My answer is always ginger ale in times of tummy woes. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageDaisyFull:

When I'm stressed out, my stomach can/will be out of whack for several weeks. I'm sorry you don't feel good. My answer is always ginger ale in times of tummy woes. :)

But I hate Ginger Ale.  *pouts and stomps feet*

• Loading the player...
  • imageDrinknDerive:
    imageDaisyFull:

When I'm stressed out, my stomach can/will be out of whack for several weeks. I'm sorry you don't feel good. My answer is always ginger ale in times of tummy woes. :)

Awww... pepto-bismol? :D

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageDaisyFull:
    imageDrinknDerive:
    imageDaisyFull:

Awww... pepto-bismol? :D

Oh, man.  That's what I forgot to include in my OP.  

I just spent 15 minutes trying to get the d@mn bottle open.  I threw a little hissy fit.  For realz.  Now I'm contemplating whether or not it's worth it to cut the top of the bottle off.  LOL

• This happens to me, and it ended up being that I randomly became lactose intolerant. Not cool, I love dairy. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagesimplejude:
    This happens to me, and it ended up being that I randomly became lactose intolerant. Not cool, I love dairy. 

Oh man.  This is what I'm scared of.  Ugh.

• I had this happen once several years ago.  I went to the doctor and she put me on Nexium.  She told me that sometimes once your stomach is irritated, you're going to re-irritate it every time you eat unless you treat it with meds.  Of course, that's not always the case but if it keeps up you might want to give a call so you don't have to keep suffering.  Feel better!
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• imageelmoali:
    I had this happen once several years ago.  I went to the doctor and she put me on Nexium.  She told me that sometimes once your stomach is irritated, you're going to re-irritate it every time you eat unless you treat it with meds.  Of course, that's not always the case but if it keeps up you might want to give a call so you don't have to keep suffering.  Feel better!
    That makes sense. Thanks! I might have to call my gi again.
  • DnD, that sucks! I had terrible stomach issues pre LO, I still have them but they aren't as bad. I have a sliding hiatal hernia, acid reflux that is uncontrolled by medicine (in a 24 hour period on medication I will have 100 + episodes of acid reflux), and I have a non functioning esophagus because it is damaged so badly from reflux that it makes everything hard to swallow. Oh, and I also have to go in every 6 months for them to widen my esophagus because I get strictures.

You should try some OTC omeprazole, that is what I have had some relief with.

• i'm sorry :( my stomach feels like that when i'm stressed too :/
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageonislandtime:

DnD, that sucks! I had terrible stomach issues pre LO, I still have them but they aren't as bad. I have a sliding hiatal hernia, acid reflux that is uncontrolled by medicine (in a 24 hour period on medication I will have 100 + episodes of acid reflux), and I have a non functioning esophagus because it is damaged so badly from reflux that it makes everything hard to swallow. Oh, and I also have to go in every 6 months for them to widen my esophagus because I get strictures.

Wow, that's terrible.  I feel ridiculous for whining now.  lol

• imageStarfish113:
    i'm sorry :( my stomach feels like that when i'm stressed too :/

The funny thing is WebMD's symptom checker thing says I have gallstones.  I don't have a gallbladder.  lol

• Here is everything I've gone through with my stomach.

Ulcers

Lactose/dairy inntolorance

Gulten allergy.

My stomach hurt every.dang.time. I ate anything even if it was gulten/dairy free.

In highschool I could eat dairy. During pregnancy and since then I have been able to eat dairy no problemo (weird, but yay) 

Before my wedding I was stressed and had ulcers

and recently I've been dealing with gulten issues. oh joy.

So basically it could just be stress, or something else.

GL

• imageDrinknDerive:
    imageonislandtime:

DnD, that sucks! I had terrible stomach issues pre LO, I still have them but they aren't as bad. I have a sliding hiatal hernia, acid reflux that is uncontrolled by medicine (in a 24 hour period on medication I will have 100 + episodes of acid reflux), and I have a non functioning esophagus because it is damaged so badly from reflux that it makes everything hard to swallow. Oh, and I also have to go in every 6 months for them to widen my esophagus because I get strictures.

Wow, that's terrible.  I feel ridiculous for whining now.  lol

Nah, whine all you want. Stomach issues suck, believe me - I know! :)

• imagecobabymama:

Here is everything I've gone through with my stomach.

Ulcers

Lactose/dairy inntolorance

Gulten allergy.

My stomach hurt every.dang.time. I ate anything even if it was gulten/dairy free.

In highschool I could eat dairy. During pregnancy and since then I have been able to eat dairy no problemo (weird, but yay) 

Before my wedding I was stressed and had ulcers

and recently I've been dealing with gulten issues. oh joy.

So basically it could just be stress, or something else.

GL

Well, that's reassuring... lol.

Sorry to hear about your tummy woes.  I hear those gluten-free diets are super fun.  How did you figure out what the allergy was each time?  Elimination diet?

• imagesimplejude:
    This happens to me, and it ended up being that I randomly became lactose intolerant. Not cool, I love dairy. 

This happened to me too. I was afraid it was my gallbladder but once I cut out dairy it stopped. I can still have cheese and yogurt though.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers www.foreverfactor.blogspot.com
  • imagecobabymama:

This happend to me with my first pregnancy. I became fine with dairy. During and after my second pregnancy it came back. It sucks! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Tums and sipping chicken broth is usually the tummy cure for me... BUT I'd also recommend some relaxation yoga or medatation in the mornings? Even if it is only for a few minutes... Does a wonder for relieving stress! GL!
    High risk momma: Diagnosed with a partially abrupted placenta at 32 weeks and sentenced to strict bed rest for the remainder. Pregnancy Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • imageelmoali:
    I had this happen once several years ago.  I went to the doctor and she put me on Nexium.  She told me that sometimes once your stomach is irritated, you're going to re-irritate it every time you eat unless you treat it with meds.  Of course, that's not always the case but if it keeps up you might want to give a call so you don't have to keep suffering.  Feel better!

This but I had an ulcer and took Prevacid to clear it up. Good luck, I know it sucks to have constant belly aches.

Also a maybe TMI nurse fact: When you call your GI, he's inevitably going to ask if you've had black/tarry stools. Tell him you've been taking pepto, it can also cause discoloration. Sorry if gross, I have no concept of what is appropriate medical conversation.

I hope you feel better soon.

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • imagerchelone:

imageelmoali:

This but I had an ulcer and took Prevacid to clear it up. Good luck, I know it sucks to have constant belly aches.

Also a maybe TMI nurse fact: When you call your GI, he's inevitably going to ask if you've had black/tarry stools. Tell him you've been taking pepto, it can also cause discoloration. Sorry if gross, I have no concept of what is appropriate medical conversation.

I hope you feel better soon.

Been there.  My GI has my cell number and vice versa.  This guy knows things about me that DH will never, ever know.  lol  I discovered that little known fact during the weeks leading up to my cholecystectomy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"