2nd Trimester

Menstrual Like Cramps Week 27

Hi Everyone-

I am in week 26 about to enter week 27 and feeling some "cramping" in my lower abdomen.  It feels kind of like "period cramps."  Does this feeling "die down" or am I in for this for the next three months?  Could this just be baby growing and ligaments stretching?

Thanks So Much!!!!

Re: Menstrual Like Cramps Week 27

• I am just about 26 weeks and started getting these a few days ago.  I talked to my doctor and he said it's most likely just from growing and the baby being in a different position than before. 
    TTC #2 since 2011 (took 1.5 years to conceive spontaneously after multiple failed clomid cycles and 1 failed clomid +IUI)
    Me- PCOS, borderline hypothyroid
    Him- low concentration/count

Feb 2014- started acupuncture
    Feb 2014- BFP
    March 2014- m/c @ 5 weeks
    May 2014- HSG, all clear, started Synthroid, Femara 5mg CD 3-7 + trigger + TI= BFN
    Waiting for new RE appointment end of July 2014

• If they truly feel like menstrual cramps and don't go away, call your doctor.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am also 26 weeks almost 27 and I started experiencing this a few days ago. I was getting a little worried but knowing that everyone else is dealing with this makes me feel better. It isnt very bad just slight discomfort.
  • I was and still am having these occasionally (like a few times a day) and the doctor said it's totally normal as long as they come and go. Baby is getting big so it is stretching etc...
  • I was getting these cramps, and still am (25 weeks). and they dont feel great at ALL. They are probably round ligament pains. I get them esp after i eat or have been sitting for a long period and then get up and start walking. A low-heat heating pad and (approved) pain reliever may help. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"