July 2011 Moms

Rec. Your Maternity Jeans

So I've had absolutely no luck with maternity jeans so far, I've been living in yoga pants. I've tried Old Navy and although I liked the jeans for the first few days I wore them, I soon realized that their full panel jeans hit in a really funny spot and cause me to look like I have fat rolls and its just uncomfortable. I tried some on at JC Penneys yesterday and they were too loose in the butt and crotch area (those were the mediums, I couldn't get my butt into the smalls). The ones at Target fit perfectly except they were too short :( Uh, so where else to try? Anyone have favorites? I'm fairly tall, 5'8, still on the skinner side besides the bump, although I'd say baby has definitely made my behind get a little bigger :) TIA girls!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Rec. Your Maternity Jeans

• I need 34" inseam on my pants and I only had luck with Gap, without spending a fortune for a higher end brand.  I still have the pair from my first pregnancy.  I didn't like full panel, I thought they made me look really weird.  I like the demi panel.  The pants at JCP, Target, and ON are not made for my body type.  I'm more of a juniors fit kind of person and the Gap pants fit great.  I really love my pants from Gap that have the adjustable waist on the inside so they still look like regular pants.

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• Have you looked at GAP maternity jeans? I love them!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I am going to go maternity clothes shopping this weekend and *hopefully* get my first few pairs of maternity pants... I am nervous though!

I am tall as well and I have seen posts saying that The Gap has maternity clothes for taller people, but, I can't say I know if this is true or not since I haven't looked.Good luck!

• Motherhood Maternity jeans are longer... I'm 5'5.5" and had to have mine seriously hemmed. I got the under-the-belly type, not the full pannel. They were just more comfortable.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Hi, I am also 5'8. I have really long legs and I have been having a lot of trouble finding jeans as well. Every pair I try on are way to short and look like im waiting for a flood. I finally went to motherhood and they have long sizes in some of their jeans. I purchased a long and they were perfect on me. I dried my jeans to see if they would draw up in the butt and crotch and they did, but the length also drew up a bit. I can still wear them, but I would suggest getting the long inseam and not drying them, hope this helps!
  • Gap full panel boot cut.  ON makes them too but the panel material isn't as nice and they sort of cut the belly and make it look roly poly instead of PG...esp early on before the belly really pops but after your regular clothes stop fitting.  

Not a fan of the demi panel - made that mistake with DD#1 and DD #2 :)   

• I have quite a few pairs from The Gap and I love them. I really hate full paneled anything because it makes my tummy itch and I think all of their jeans are the demi panel. I bought my pre-pregnant size and they fit me excellent. I'm 5'5'' with a long torso and I guess average length legs and the inseam is pretty long for me. I have to roll them up. They stretch great and are super comfy!! LOVE EM!
  • Gap Long & Leans. Love them. Cannot live without them. Worth the extra $$ -- buy used on ebay if you can.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Does Gap sell their maternity line in stores?

Thanks for all the suggestions so far :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm 6'0". I have motherhood jeans right now.  The talls only come with the full panel.  I often fold the panel down kind-of like a bella band. I've noticed in the last week that they are fitting a lot better though!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • imagegraceb15:

Does Gap sell their maternity line in stores?

Thanks for all the suggestions so far :)

Ours does at Baby Gap. There is a small section in the back.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just want to point out that all of the mamas that are fans of the demi panel have not made it to the 3rd tri yet - when your belly gets big and your pants won't stay up...every time you bend down, your butt crack will hang out for the world to see.  They might be cute now, but they probably won't be forever.  Full panel is where it's at!!!!  Trust this 3rd timer ;););)  

I am sporting the full panel already and i don't even have a belly yet...you will grow into it and it will hug your belly and make you so happy!  And your pants will stay up :)   

• HATE demi panel, HATE full panel (even secret fit) (and I'm a second-timer and hated them the first time too- all the way until the end).  I tried Gap and just didn't like the jeans.

I'm 5'10" and most stores don't carry long enough or have the stupid full-panel that I hate so I've ended up with designer denim- luckily, I've found it on sale.  I really like the small panel on DL1961 and also JBrand.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"