Infertility

Those with slow response?

I'm having a bad IF day and I am hoping that some positive experiences from you ladies can help me.

This is our 1st month on injects. I started out with Femara on day3-7 then started 150iu of Follistim on day 7 and 150 iu follistim on day 9. I went in for more monitoring on Saturday which was day 10 and he told me to continue with the follistim on Saturday, Sun and Monday with 150iu each day. So today I go in for monitoring and to see if I am "ready to go" Well... I'm not ready to go! In fact, he wants me to do another 600iu worth of follistim and come back on Thursday. My follies are only at 12 and they were around 10-11 on Saturday. I asked him if I needed to cancel this cycle, if it was even worth continuing and he said yes, that he thinks we can still get there, I will just need more meds to do so.

Has anyone else ever had a slow / delayed response like this an actually made it to trigger? I'm feeling REALLY bummed and deflated. I had alot of hope for this cycle and was feeling like maybe this change to injects would be what we needed to get pregnant again. Now I feel like going home, crawling in bed and never coming out!

6/28/10: Lost our sweet baby Addyston at 18wk 1day to pPROM 7/24/11: Michael William born at 24wk 2d due to IC after an emergent cerclage at 18wks, 4wk home BR and 2 weeks hospital BR. Grow strong our little Miracle! 9/17/11: Michael joined his sister in heaven after 8 amazing weeks with us on earth. He fought a very hard fight but NEC was too much for him in the end. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Those with slow response?

• I just wanna hug you!! Left HugRight Hug Hang in there.

I hope the ladies can give you some great feed back. xoxo

Married '02, TTC May '05

Dx -Ute cancer, DOR from cancer treatments, and embryo quality issues. NOV 2010 CANCER FREE
    2005-2011= 3 Rounds of Clomid, 5 IUI's, 3 IVF's- ALL BFN's
    After 7yrs TTC, 5yrs of ute cancer, and 11 failed IF treatments, we got a surprise BFP! So thankful!

Gemma Grace born 09/30/12

Phillipians 4:6,7

• I'm sorry, I haven't done any injectables yet... just wanted to come in to offer hugs and tell you that maybe the slow approach will help them mature better?  *hugs*
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you ladies! I'm hoping and praying they catch up and this cycle isn't a bust. I don't know what I will do if they cancel!

6/28/10: Lost our sweet baby Addyston at 18wk 1day to pPROM 7/24/11: Michael William born at 24wk 2d due to IC after an emergent cerclage at 18wks, 4wk home BR and 2 weeks hospital BR. Grow strong our little Miracle! 9/17/11: Michael joined his sister in heaven after 8 amazing weeks with us on earth. He fought a very hard fight but NEC was too much for him in the end. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I don't have any experience with IUI's.  But I can tell you that with my IVF cycle I got a call after each monitoring appt (with b/w) telling me what my dose of Follistim would be for the next few days.  So I think it's normal for them to adjust your dose as you go along.

Good luck!

IVF #3 = Feb 2012
    beta#1 3/21 (14dp3dt)=413, beta#2 3/23 (16dp3dt)=785, u/s 4/11
    EDD 11/25/12
    **SAIFW** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm an inconsistent responder to all meds. My first month on injects I triggered CD11. This month I didn't trigger until CD15 and only had one follie on 250iu of Gonal F. I was really bummed about the delayed/poor response too. My RE said the slower response isn't need to worry but the lack of more mature follies is my problem. Hang in there and GL!
    Dx Anovulatory PCOS Clomid,Ovidrel,TI=BFN IUI#1-#3 Femara,Ovidrel=BFN IUI#4-Gonal F,Ovidrel=BFN IUI#5-Gonal F,Ovidrel= BFP!! Beta #1 11dpIUI=34, Beta #2=131,first u/s 3/14=1 perfect bug with a heartbeat! Anderson Phillip, Born 11/2/11 7lbs 10oz 21in. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I hope they catch up by Thursdays appt. Don't get discouraged yet although I know it's easy to feel that way. When my RE upped my dosage of Follistim on my IUI cycle, I spiked in two days and then I had to decrease my dosage down to like 25.

I'm gonig through a similar situation (for IVF), but I haven't been stimming as long. I went in today after 4 days of stims and have nothing over 10mm. My RE told me to stay at the same dose of Menopur and go back on Thursday. I hope to see some improvement and a bunch of follies get in the game! I do agree that slower stimming helps with egg maturity.

Good luck!

• Me me me I had slow response for IUI 2 and 3 especially. Dr was stumped at how slow for # 3. I made it to trigger but BFN. Keep in mind I am 41. Keep the chin up and positive- sometimes they just jump and grow. I did not trigger for any IUI until around day 17 so day 10 is too early in my opinion but who knows. Good luck, I will be rooting for you. Lots of dust to you

Kristin

• FWIW, I didn't trigger on my Clomid IUI until Day 20...while I was freaking out, my RE seemed to be totally ok with this.  Good luck on Thursday!
    TTC since 11/09
    Two C/P and Lots of Tests
    Me = LPD + cancer survivor, DH = low count and morphology
    IUIs #1-5, January 2011 - June 2011 = BFN
    IVF #1 in July/August 2011 = BFP!!!!!

BabyFetus Ticker
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear."
  • Big tight hug. I know it is hard to be patient and go day by day. Just know you are not alone!
  • I did.  I was on follistim the entire time.

day 3-6- 150iu

day 6-7- 200iu

day 8-14- 225iu

I finally ended up with 5 follicles in the end.  Sizes 16, 18, 14, 14 & 13.  I did get pregnant but miscarried at 8 weeks.  

I thought that I would never get to trigger and was a very expensive cycle. 

Good luck.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"