Babies: 0 - 3 Months

BF'ers - How long...

Does it take for your LO to eat? It seems like it takes Ava an exceptionally long time. Shes such a lazybones!

Re: BF'ers - How long...

• I can't even answer this question - LO is so sporadic. Sometimes he's full after 7 minutes on 1 boob, other times he'll do 25 on one and then 10 minutes on the other!
  • My lactation consultant said about 20 min for each breast however my issue is the opposite. DS only eats for about 10 min so he eats about every hour to two hours.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • 8-10 min on 1 boob. A bottle (from pumping) takes longer!
  • imageMrsLynnyD:
    I can't even answer this question - LO is so sporadic. Sometimes he's full after 7 minutes on 1 boob, other times he'll do 25 on one and then 10 minutes on the other!

This.

• usually around 10 minutes on each side. some times a little more or less.

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Depends on how hungry or sleepy he is.

Sometimes during 4am feedings he'll just take one boob for 5-6 minutes then is back asleep.. but during the day he'll take both, and in the later evenings he'll need both plus a bottle of 2-4 ounces more.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickers
  • E is FAST.. 5-10 mins on one boob fills her up.
    **** TW - kids and loss mentioned ****
    ~~ married 8.11.07
    ~~ DD1 1.16.11 ~~ DD2 1.3.14 ~~
    ~~ BFP3 12.22.15 MMC 2.29.16 @ 13 weeks ~~
    ~~ 2 D&Cs (3.1.16 and 3.10.16) for MMC
    ~~ BFP4 10.27.16  MMC 1.23.17 @ 16 weeks ~~ D&E 1.26.17 ~~
  • imagedaenikoffre:

Depends on how hungry or sleepy he is.

Sometimes during 4am feedings he'll just take one boob for 5-6 minutes then is back asleep.. but during the day he'll take both, and in the later evenings he'll need both plus a bottle of 2-4 ounces more.

Yep, E is very similar.

PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageladipale:
    E is FAST.. 5-10 mins on one boob fills her up.

This exactly. She gets about 3 oz in those 5-10 minutes. 

Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• imageDeVriesK:
    usually around 10 minutes on each side. some times a little more or less.

This.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My LO is a very lazy/sleepy eater and will eat anywhere from 15-30 mins.  If he goes toward the longer time, he usually will only nurse on one side.  He would stay latched all day long if I let him.  I usually try to unlatch him once he stops actively sucking.  Meaning, when he goes into comfort suck mode, I'll use my finger to break the suction.  Sometimes he tries to fake me out and starts eating again and I'll leave him for a few more minutes. 
  • About 10-12 minutes each side. She eats from both sides, with a burping in between. I decided to do it this way to keep up my milk supply on both sides since I will be RTW and will be pumping throughout the day.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image
  • My first would take forever.  Sometimes up to a half hour on each side.  We would sit there forever.  My second is in and out in no time at all.  10 minutes on one side is usually enough for him.  Though, I do try the other side to see if he's still hungry. 

• imageMHeming:
    My LO is a very lazy/sleepy eater and will eat anywhere from 15-30 mins.  If he goes toward the longer time, he usually will only nurse on one side.  He would stay latched all day long if I let him.  I usually try to unlatch him once he stops actively sucking.  Meaning, when he goes into comfort suck mode, I'll use my finger to break the suction.  Sometimes he tries to fake me out and starts eating again and I'll leave him for a few more minutes. 

heh! This is exactly like Ava. She just sort of ho-hums about it, and would literally stay stuck to my boob all day long if I let her. And as soon as I'm like, Ok. You've had enough you little monkey! She's all, No! Wait! I wasn't finished! *suck*suck*

• My LO is very similar to these more sporadic eaters. Sometimes she will eat for 30 minutes on one side and then a little bit on the other, other times she will eat for 10 minutes on one side and be done. Sometimes her feedings are an hour apart, but mostly she prefers to eat every 3-4 hours. There's no way for me to tell what her mood will be. 

She also is a big sucker and doesn't really detach herself when she's done eating, and even after she falls asleep she'll start back eating as soon as I start to detach her, so I give her another minute or two. 

• 10 to 15 mins on 1 boob. She is a good eater especially when she first wakes up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"