3rd Trimester
Options

uh dont mention induction...

I went to my doc appointment yesterday I was 38 weeks and 6 days...so one day shy of 39 weeks. Usually i have this wonderful doctor Ross, and he is so cool, all into the natural way of letting your body cope with it all and letting you go to term and 1 week over and just his bed side manner is fantastic.

For some of the appointments though ive had a "penny" his assistant nurse. She checked me at 35 weeks which my doula and husband thought was strange and a a little early. She then checked me at 36 weeks for strep B and checked my cervix again and every week after this.

It just so happened my husband couldn't make it yesterday and i dont drive so my doula and I had a day out and went together. Well i loved it because the nurse mentioned induction and i was not even 39 weeks yesterday. Ive been incredibly healthy this pregnancy, no blood pressure problems, no baby problems, no weight problems, nada. She wanted me in Sunday BEFORE my due date this coming Tuesday..but i said no because me, my doula, dr ross and my husband think im progressing nicely and my bodies doing what its supposed to. She then scedualed me in Monday- she said to eat plenty and we'll monitor the baby. My doula thinks this is a scheme to get me to stay in to have an induction.

Im just wondering if anyone else has been pressured into induction before their due date for no reason at all and everything is healthy and fine? My Doula and Dr Ross work closely together so i know ill have him on monday instead of penny as my doula complained and it'll be a regular checkup after all. but why worry a mother saying we need to "monitor you for a couple of hours" for no reason -_- and try and schedule me in before my due date without even consulting the doctor....

sorry about my rant or anything that doesn't make sense.  Geeked

Daisypath Anniversary tickers pregnancy due date

Re: uh dont mention induction...

• Options

Did you ask WHY she's having you come in, or just complain to the message board about it?

Besides, due dates aren't a perfect calculation.  Chances are if you asked why there'd be a good reason....

• Options
    Is she only wanting to induce you because that will bring you to 40 weeks?  If your OB is ok with letting you go farther than that and you don't want to be induced then don't, if your baby is fine and you are fine then discuss it with your doctor and tell him how uncomfortable you are with this lady.  At least you have your doula to back you up but I never understand why people are induced and don't even know the reasoning behind it.  As a patient you have rights and you are allowed to ask questions.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

nope no reason....just because i will be one day shy of my due date she wants me to come in.

my doula and i just talked to the doc and he is just going to give me a once over checkup and let me go a 1 more week if i go over. he is going to talk to this nurse...

supposedly shes done this with a few mothers and worried them

Daisypath Anniversary tickers pregnancy due date
  • Options
    That sounds a little strange... glad your doctors letting you go the extra week!
    IAmPregnant Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagebabygeegee:

sorry about my rant or anything that doesn't make sense.  Geeked

You should be really sorry.. because it doesn't make sense. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagecruelsound:
    Weren't you the one riding ATVs because you wanted the baby to come out two weeks ago?

Yep

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    After reading the post it seemed wierd. After reading you were trying to get the baby out on an ATV and then this post, even weirder. I'm confused. Tongue Tied
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"