Success after IF

Beta levels in comparison to BFP line...

I know im crazy, but humor me with your story.  Ok, so my BFP on an FRER is as dark if not a tiny bit darker than the control line.  Do any of you recall what your BFP looked like in relation to your beta levels?  I remember when I was PG with DS, at one point the test line on the FRER was actually way darker than the control line to the point where the control line looked 'faded'...but dont recall when that actually occured. 

I have my 2nd beta tomorrow and Im really nervous.  POAS is the only thing that is reassuring me (even though Im clearly over evaluating the heck out of them)

Oh and I know Im going to get the 'step away from the hpt' speech, but thats like telling an addict not to smoke crack  :)

Severe MFI resulting in IVF/ICSI #1 in Nov 2007. BFP!!
Our beautiful son was born July 2008.
2010: 2 IVF's,1 FET = 2 BFN's, 1 c/p :(
Feb 2011-Unmedicated FET= BFP!! DS #2 born Oct 2011!!.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Beta levels in comparison to BFP line...

• For me it was at about 5w
  • I was super nervous for my 2nd beta. I swear it was worse than the 1st one. I was shaking when I got the phone call. I only did 1 hpt and it was a digital so I don't have any advice on the test line but just wanted to say GL!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine never seemed to get darker, even though the beta got higher. I had the same type of line - just about as dark as the control the 4 times I tested.
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • imagekrissyh21:
    Mine never seemed to get darker, even though the beta got higher. I had the same type of line - just about as dark as the control the 4 times I tested.

Thx--do you remember what your betas were?

• Mine was never darker than the control line. It was always light, even as my betas were doubling properly. I really really really wouldn't read too much into it! Those are yes/no tests. Hang in there!
    Brought to you by IVF, ICSI, limited fert, and oocyte cryopreservation.
    Because we're fancy like that.

• I used FRERs with this last round, and have them from the very 1st faint one then about 8-9 days after that. the test line didn't get darker than control until the very last one or so,and I think my beta was around 200? at that point. (but I had wonky betas in the beginning, so all this is doing is feeding into your neurosis. lol)

peeing on sticks is evil and self-torture. I wish I knew how to get around them. ;-(

Don't smoke crack, kid. lol.

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • imageladychicago:
    Mine was never darker than the control line. It was always light, even as my betas were doubling properly. I really really really wouldn't read too much into it! Those are yes/no tests. Hang in there!

This exactly.  I have never seen a test line darker than a control line.  My positives were all super faint - and I was SUPER DUPER UPSET AND FREAKING OUT about it.  One looked more faint the next day than the one the previous day - that type of thing.  And everything was totally fine and doubling properly and nice and high - I never had low betas.  I think I just have weirdly diluted pee, even in the morning.  Who knows?  But it taught me that you really, REALLY can't go by the darkness of lines. 

Wheee!

"When it comes to sleeping, whatever your baby does is normal. If one thing has damaged parents enjoyment of their babies, it's rigid expectations about how and when the baby should sleep." ~ James McKenna, Ph.D., Mother Baby Behavioral Sleep Center, University of Notre Dame

• imageHappycouple:

imagekrissyh21:
    Mine never seemed to get darker, even though the beta got higher. I had the same type of line - just about as dark as the control the 4 times I tested.

Thx--do you remember what your betas were?

Not the exact but the first was in the 200's and the second was in the 800's. (I was pregnant with twins)

A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Thanks ladies!!

• imageDavezWife:

I used FRERs with this last round, and have them from the very 1st faint one then about 8-9 days after that. the test line didn't get darker than control until the very last one or so,and I think my beta was around 200? at that point. (but I had wonky betas in the beginning, so all this is doing is feeding into your neurosis. lol)

peeing on sticks is evil and self-torture. I wish I knew how to get around them. ;-(

Don't smoke crack, kid. lol.

Davez---your test line was darker around the time of your 2nd or 3rd beta? just curious...

• For me, it wasn't really about darkness of line, but of how quickly the second line popped up. It seemed to get faster as the days went on.

GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageCardsfanSM:

For me, it wasn't really about darkness of line, but of how quickly the second line popped up. It seemed to get faster as the days went on.

GL!

I agree with this.  I never had a crazy dark line.  Always faint.

• My FRER never got as dark as the control and I tested on them until 7 weeks
  • what was your fist beta - number wise.  i don't see that here.
  • mine got darker, but they were dollar tree tests.  I think it was finally as dark as the control at 5wks or 6wks.
  • imageJGirl2005:
    what was your fist beta - number wise.  i don't see that here.

They do betas with unmedicated FET's earlier than normal.  It was 63 at 10dp3dt....which the Nurse was happy with for now.  Tomorrow is 14dp3dt and Im going in for my 2nd...

• My HPT's line was not darker than the control line and also didn't pop up "immediately" like a lot of people post about. I only took 1 HPT, the day of my beta and my beta was 1520. : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"