2nd Trimester

I just want 1 good nights sleep

If I lay on my right side, my right hip goes numb(feels like its fallen to sleep). If I lay on my left side my right hip goes numb. On my back the baby squishes me and makes me feel sick and on my tummy I squish the baby. What the f*** am I supposed to do, sleep standing up?

And to top it all off I have wake up every morning to my hubby whining that he got no sleep. I just want to scream at him," YEAH me either, but I still have to get up at 6 with the babes while you sleep in." I have to get a little good slepp soon, Im becoming very cranky.

Re: I just want 1 good nights sleep

• I can't sleep either at night.  I remember women saying they couldn't sleep at night.  The come back was always well maybe its your body preparing to get little sleep when the baby arrives.  I guess I always thought it would be much later in the pregnancy..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • haha.  I hate to be the one to say this but....get used to it.  When my son was born I didn't sleep longer than 3 hours at a stretch for an entire YEAR.  I'm not kidding.  May as well learn to deal.  Good sleep is a thing of the past. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I too am not sleeping well. I wake up naturally every morning between 6 and 7. I always wake up in the middle of the night anywhere from 2-4 am. Sigh! I too just want a good night's rest, but at this point I've given up.

I did discover a new way to sleep last night. Using my preggo pillow, and my regular pillows, I kind propped myself up so that I'm kind of sleeping at an angle and not laying completely flat on either side. My hips hurt as well and I rotate constantly through the night. 

Either way I hope you find that restful sleep your searching for :) 

• I had the same problem with my hips going numb.. I finally figured it out that it was my underwear i was wearing to bed was cutting circulation and causing the numbness. I finally decided to go all natural to bed and i havent had the numbness feeling since.

• I've been having trouble too! What I found in my first pregnancy is use LOTS of pillows.. especially a body pillow makes it just a little easier..

• God how I miss good sleep!  Not only can I not get comfy but now my hands are going numb and I get a shooting pain through my forearm that wakes me up the second I actually doze off. I think I'm prepared, alright! LOL

Good luck ladies! 

• I will say - my sleep has completely sucked since about 23 weeks.  I take Benedryl more than I would like to admit :( One thing that has helped a wee bit is turning the temperature down.  I run hot hot hot now that I am pregnant.  DH agreed to turn the AC up (or heat off depends on the day - weather in Tampa this time of year can vary quite a bit) and I am more comfortable being cool...

• imageiloveclayton:

If I lay on my right side, my right hip goes numb(feels like its fallen to sleep). If I lay on my left side my right hip goes numb. On my back the baby squishes me and makes me feel sick and on my tummy I squish the baby. What the f*** am I supposed to do, sleep standing up?

And to top it all off I have wake up every morning to my hubby whining that he got no sleep. I just want to scream at him," YEAH me either, but I still have to get up at 6 with the babes while you sleep in." I have to get a little good slepp soon, Im becoming very cranky.

I have been having the same issues. It's more pain than numbness though. Then the next day it hurts if I sit or lay down. I haven't found anything to make it better! I also have woken up to a completely numb arm. This part is not fun.

• imageSeaMama:
    haha.  I hate to be the one to say this but....get used to it.  When my son was born I didn't sleep longer than 3 hours at a stretch for an entire YEAR.  I'm not kidding.  May as well learn to deal.  Good sleep is a thing of the past. 

On the one hand, I agree with you - babies do make sleep difficult.  But on the other, the OP has twins according to her siggy so I'm sure she knows that.  And furthermore, even when DS woke up every 90 minutes some nights, at least the sleep I did get was ok and I didn't wake up with limbs in pain or tingling. 

• First of all, to the first person who posted, I'm not sure how far along you are but I think around 20 weeks or so (I can't remember now so ask your doc) you're not supposed to sleep in your back. it causes poor circulation which probably wakes you up.

I have not had a good night's sleep in about 4 weeks. from being uncomfortable, to 4a hospital runs due to contractions, peeing all through the night, I've just given up. I got the pregnancy pillow and it helps to a certain degree. But when you can only sleep on either side, after a while each side gets really sore so I toss and turn all night. Plus it takes all my energy to roll over because my belly is big and i have the pillows arranged in such a way. Then I have to get up to pee frequently.

I made the mistake of complaining to a mommy friend of mine who has 3 kids. She said, "my oldest is 8 years and I haven't slept yet!"

This is our new lives my fellow mamas! Good luck to all!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"