3rd Trimester

your nursery- name on wall?

I know a lot of people put the baby's name on the nursery wall.  I would like to do this but can't find letters I like.

Where did you get your letters? 

And what (if anything) did you do to personalize/ hang them?  Post pix if you have them... I need ideas

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: your nursery- name on wall?

• With DS #1 I ordered them from a seller on eBay :

For DS #2 I found some prints online that I liked, printed them out, and then framed them with cheap Dollar Store frames :

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Mouse ~ 06.12.08 | The Froggy ~ 02.23.11

• I don't have a pic on the computer I'm on, but we did a vinyl wall decal from Etsy.  Her name is in a script font with a bird perching itself on one of the letters.
    DS - June 2009
    DD - February 2011
  • Loading the player...

I got my letters at Michael's and painted them and glued the little animals on them. I just hung them with picture nails! :) Good Luck finding something you like!  

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
    Can't wait to meet Baby #2! :)
  • I got this decal from someone on Etsy for my second baby and I love it:
    I don't know what's up with my siggy and I am too lazy to figure it out.
  • I bought mine from woodenletters.net. I wanted large letters and they're HUGE! I'll hopefully have them done on Tues or Wed so I'll post pics then. I painted them brown, put orange ribbon along the width (they're larger so fairly thick), and made little felt owls, birds, and a tree to glue to them (matches the mobile, pillow, lamps, and accessories I made).
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
  • I bought paper mache letters at JoAnn Fabrics and then painted them and used mod podge to decorate the front of the letters with decorative paper and embellishments.  It was a really fun and easy project!

You can see more about the project here:

https://lovebabylife.blogspot.com/2011/01/decorative-name-letters.html

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Photobucket

.::Lurking from 2nd tri::.

I work at Michaels Arts and Crafts and got these there. They were $1 each and had hooks on them. I took them off because it looked funny!  

• We are team green, but after the baby is born, I am going to order these: 

Girl:  https://www.landofnod.com/family.aspx?c=270&f=2966 

Boy: https://www.landofnod.com/wall-art/baby/see-your-name-in-varsity-font-wallpaper/f489 

If the links don't work, they are on The Land of Nod in the Nursery & Gear, then Nursery Decor, then Wall Art.  

• My sister bought felt, 2 pieces for each letter, and sewed them together in that shape. Then she stuffed them, and they really look great. The advantage was being able to customize the colours, and they were safe over the crib.
  • You could also use a decal. We ordered a plane decal with the name "Maxwell" trailing behind it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • There's tons of cute ones on etsy and some people will even personalize them to match your nursery theme. You can hang them with double sided sticky foam or ribbons.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I made my own by cutting circles out of very heavy cardboard, then painting them, and hot gluing them along a strip of wood. I used ribbon to hang them, but could easily add invisible frame hangers on the back. I was going to use wood circles, but didn't have anything to cut the wood with at the time... this is pretty lightweight, so if I did it again, I would use wood for sure!

• I got the letters from Micheal's and I painted them, hot-glued fake flowers on them and hot glued the ribbons on the back. Hopefully this pic works...

Photobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Natural mc @ 8 wks in Nov. '07, dd born 4/23/11, natural mc @ 6 wks in April '12, bfp 6/11/12...praying for a sticky baby!
  • I haven't done it yet, but I am looking for a really cute font right now (there's so many free font sites). When I find them one I like, I'm going to use it to print each letter on a single page, then use each one as a template to cut out different colored scrapbook papers, which will then go in frames. Hope that makes sense.
  • I'm kind of "over" the wooden letters, so I went with a vinyl decal from Etsy in DD's new room and I love it. I haven't been able to link lately, but the seller's name was "openheartcreations" - she has a ton of fantastic designs and it turned out really nice. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We got dd's at michael's. For this baby, I'm cutting letters from scrap book paper and framing them.
  • I ordered from an eBay seller who custom paints wooden letters to match your colors/theme.  I did it for DS #2 as well, it turned out great!  I'm adding coordinating ribbon/nail covers this time since it's a girl.
    Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • I bought my letters at BRU when they were having a sale, and then painted them to match a darker pink that is in the bedding.  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I bought white wooden letters from Michaels and I have intentions of painting a design on them that matches the color I painted the walls. I have a shelf above her crib and the letters are on the shelf for now and when she's born and we've 100% agreed on her name they will be screwed in to the shelf so they won't fall. 
  • I got my letters at joann fabrics and painted them myself and just added ribbon and buttons to decorate to match her pink and b/w damask nursery theme. The letters were only ~$3 each. Here's a pic before i put her letters on the wall.

• We bought large letters (similar to the ones above) at Michael's.  Madison's room is green on top, purple chair rail and green/white/purple strip wallpaper on the bottom.  We painted the letters the purple and purchased a wall butterfly and flower from BRU and put them on either side of her name.  I love them!!!

2nd EDD 02/01/13 - MC 5 1/2 weeks 6/5/12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • hobby lobby is cheap?...walmart?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers pregnancy due date
  • We got ours from here:

https://www.prettypersonalgifts.com/woodcentral.html

we sent a picture of our bedding and they hand painted them to match. Here's a pic of DS's from his old nursery:

Here's the new letters for the kids:

• I don't have a pic but I got the (I think) 3" letters from Michaels. The letters are unfinished wood so I stained DS's to match his crib and dresser. For DD, I will be painting them white to match her furniture.
    PhotobucketPhotobucket

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/48052274.aspx

His nursery is fireman/policeman themed so I painted a stop light on the wall and bought letters already painted white from Pat Catans for about $1 a piece and just hung them on it.

• I had planned to buy just one 14 or 16" letter in baby's first initial to paint and hang since full first names are so popular (I prefer to not follow trends exactly) but MIL bought all 6 letters for his name in a 6" size at KMart for $3 each as a gift and we feel obligated to use them. They are painted but not up yet... we are not putting them over the crib like most people do. They will probably go beside the dresser in a vertical line.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"