Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Poll: I said I would never...

What did you say you'd never do but then you ended up doing just that?

While pregnant I said I would never upload tons of pics of LO to my Facebook because it is my facebook, not LO's. I would get annoyed when others did this because I thought it was taking over their Facebook page.

Now I do it. I just can't help it. I take tons of pictures of LO, and I just want to AW the cuteness for all my family and friends to see!

Re: Poll: I said I would never...

• co-sleep.  I said I never would but we do it.  We are actually trying not to anymore but we did for a little while.

• Bedshare.

We didn't at first. Then, I gave in and started bedsharing in the early morning hours. The past 9 days since giving up the swaddle, we've bedshared every night, pretty much all night long. I keep telling myself this has got to end soon, I don't want to create bad habits and end up with my toddler still in bed with me. 

• Loading the player...
  • Use a pacifier.  DD LOVES her paci though, if I give it to her, she goes to sleep quietly on her own, if I take it away, she cries.  She'll give it up eventually and it's just when she's going to sleep that she has it, but when I was pregnant I swore I would never use one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I never planned on bed sharing either.  I just wanted him in my arms and he wanted me to hold him.  It is a big comfort to me and him. 
  • Co-sleep.  I don't do it full time, but we both sleep much better if I sleep with him on the bed in his room for the morning hours.  Plus, when it's this freaking cold, I hate walking across the house to feed him at night, so it's just easier.

Watch TV.  I'm still not big on letting him watch TV, but I'm not crazy about avoiding it either, and I've been known to let him watch 5 or 10 minutes of a Baby Einstein so I can go to the bathroom or get dinner started.  I always feel so bad too, but at least I'm not leaving him in front of the tube for hours every day.

Want to be a SAHM.  I just graduated in May, and was so upset when I couldn't find a job using my degree.  Now I'm ecstatic, and hope DH is okay with me staying home until DS and any other future kids are in school.  I think he might - he hates housework, and if I go back to work, he'll have to start chipping in!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Sleep train. My DD quit nursing to sleep (on her own) 3 weeks ago.  We were having some awful go to sleep battles (2+ hours) and she was waking every 30 to 45 minutes because she couldn't put herself back to sleep.  My DH asked me to consider doing it his way to see how it went.  She's been STTN since the first night.

Not sure what I'll do when she quits nursing to sleep for her naps.  That's going to suck.

• I said I would never have my childs picture as my profile pic on FB I also said I wouldnt co-sleep, CD or AP... we do all of them
    photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageemilymacall:

Sleep train. My DD quit nursing to sleep (on her own) 3 weeks ago.  We were having some awful go to sleep battles (2+ hours) and she was waking every 30 to 45 minutes because she couldn't put herself back to sleep.  My DH asked me to consider doing it his way to see how it went.  She's been STTN since the first night.

Not sure what I'll do when she quits nursing to sleep for her naps.  That's going to suck.

This. But I am losing it here!

Me: 31   DH: 34
    Married: 5/12/07
    DD: 7/28/10
    TTC#2: 10/2014

• As a more "experienced" mom, let me tell you, this list will get longer. It's easy to be rigid and judg-y when you're not in the situation.

I thought I'd never:

1. let my kids sleep in my bed.

2. let them play video games/own their own systems.

3. be a short order cook--my 7 year old is an EXTREMELY PICKY eater, and will not eat what we eat, so he gets a modified version.

4. Drink--ever--in front of my kids. I certainly don't drink to tipsiness, but they have seen mommy and daddy have "grown up drinks" from time to time.

• Sweeti - It's the pits!  We have luckily had no nightwakings but the initial going to bed always results in a meltdown.  It has helped that DH started to put her to bed, but I can always count on some pissed off crying before she calms herself down.     
  • I thought I would never actually follow through on any of my wishes.

I didn't want to co-sleep, but I figured I would cave in. I honestly can't sleep with her in bed, so I never bring her to bed. I figured I would never be able to sleep train, but it sounded like a good idea. I got frustrated enough til I made my husband do it.  I figured I would start out making her baby food and then cave - I haven't. I still enjoy making it.

I did give up on breastfeeding.  She wouldn't latch and pumping exclusively was too much for me to handle.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I said I wouldn't give up cloth diapers, but I was stupid and spent a ton of money on a BumGenius stash, and they don't fit him at all. I'm just not willing to spend more money on more diapers.
  • image~Flossie~:

What did you say you'd never do but then you ended up doing just that?

While pregnant I said I would never upload tons of pics of LO to my Facebook because it is my facebook, not LO's. I would get annoyed when others did this because I thought it was taking over their Facebook page.

Now I do it. I just can't help it. I take tons of pictures of LO, and I just want to AW the cuteness for all my family and friends to see!

This. 100%... its a way for far away friends to see him too Smile

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

• I wanted to pump/BF for the first six weeks,because it just wasn't something I had the desire to do,but I wanted LO to have the benefit of the antibodies and all in the first 6 weeks.

I ended up pumping for a little over 3 months,and was really sad that I never was able to put her to the breast,and i felt really guilty for stopping EPing.I was suprised that I felt this way.

Lilypie - (yNYF)

Lilypie - (bSes)

T1 diabetes diagnosed 11/95 due to severe pancreatic injury
    BFP 1 1/22/10 EDD 9/30/10 Adria b. 9/11/10 d.8/9/11, Transposition of the Great Arteries,
    Pleural effusion, Kidney Failure
    BFP 2 4/26/12 EDD 1/3/13 M/C 5/13/12
    BFP 3 10/3/12 EDD 6/17/13 Twins! Preston and Juliet b. 5/22/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"