2nd Trimester

Snack ideas needed!

I'm at a loss...I've been doing string cheese, yogurt, lots of fruit, veggies and hummous, almonds, popcorn, rice cakes, trail mix, Luna bars, half pb&j's.  Any other ideas for snacks that are tasty and healthy??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Snack ideas needed!

• Have you tried "Pirate's Booty"?? I know, crazy name... but they're organic cheese puffs... SO yummy, and a nice change of pace (I've been snacking on much of what you have).  They're light and airy, and healthy too :)
    Photobucket Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I make my own granola bars - it saves money and you can play around with the recipe a lot for variety. Baby carrots, apples and oranges are my mindless fruit snacks - can't wait until the season changes for more variety!
  • Loading the player...
  • Cottage cheese always fills me up.  They have single serving cups now.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I do a lot of those but also:

Turkey/swiss cheese/hummus/avocado wraps (gets you some good fat)

Fruit snacks

Apples and peanut butter

Diced peaches packed in water

Sorbet

Hard boiled eggs

Raisins

Baked sweet potatos 

• imageurbanflowerpot:
    I make my own granola bars - it saves money and you can play around with the recipe a lot for variety. Baby carrots, apples and oranges are my mindless fruit snacks - can't wait until the season changes for more variety!

I am completely obsessed with making things homemade  so thank you for the idea!

• Rather than taking a three-meal-a-day approach (or worse still, skipping two out of three), graze the day away baby-style. Eating five or six mini-meals a day will keep your blood sugar and energy levels on an even keel. Plus, since lighter meals are easier to process, they don't divert to your digestive system energy you desperately need to fight afternoon postpartum fatigue. Keep food after pregnancy snacks high in protein and complex carbs (best eaten in combo) at the ready wherever you are: low-fat cheese, hard-boiled eggs, trail mix, frozen grapes, raw veggies and hummus dip, fresh and dried fruit, soups (very sustaining when topped with a scoop of cottage cheese), and whole-grain crackers and cereal. For a quick meal-on-the-run (and when won't you be on the run?), stock up on sandwich wraps or whole-wheat tortillas, easily filled with roasted turkey or rotisserie chicken. you can read more here more other good ideas  https://tinyurl.com/4kggfju

good luck

joyce @mazelabs.com 

www.mazecordblood.com 

joyce@mazelabs.com www.mazecordblood.com
  • I second the hard boiled egg idea plus I love baby carrots with a bit of veggie cream cheese (or tomatoes or cucumbers).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Frozen grapes with a bit of sugar on them.  Crunchy and cold. :)
    BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"