Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Hungry again?? Help

LO has been wanting to eat pretty much every hour since she woke up around 8 this morning. And did the same thing for a bit last night. She'll then fall asleep on the boob only to wake up as soon as I put her down. She napped for about 30 min earlier only bc I had my hair dryer on full blast. She's currently eating again but I don't hear a lot of swallowing... What do I do? Let her cry? ( dont know that I can do that...). Could this be her 6 week growth spurt? (she is 6 weeks on Monday). Help!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Hungry again?? Help

• Sounds like growth spurt to me.  My LO gets like that when he's going through a spurt.  Good luck - it'll be over soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Let her cry?! She's six weeks old and hungry. Feed her! It's a growth spurt and it'll pass.
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Loading the player...
  • It sounds like a growth spurt to me also. Feed her, if you use formula give a little more than usual it'll keep her full longer so you wont be feeding every hour...or nurse till she doesnt want to eat anymore. She's a hungry growing little girl
  • Agree! Mine has had 2 growth spurts, including right now. Feed on demand and be sure to keep warm (she tends to get cold in a growth spurt???) so she sleeps better. It will be over soon!
  • Thanks for the encouragement ladies... I EBF, so even though I feel like there's nothing in there I'll keep letting her try and hopefully my supply will catch up with her.  She only eats for like 5-10 minutes at a time and only on one side when she does this "every hour" thing, so I guess she's getting enough for what she's wanting at that moment?
  • Honestly, just let her stay on the breast all day.  It won't last forever, if more then a day.  If she really isn't nursing then try to slip her a pacifier.  DS has done this, I just let him nurse as much as he wanted.  That was what he needed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"