Babies: 0 - 3 Months

do you just use tap water with your formula powder?

or do you use something else (bottled, distilled, etc)?  i haven't used powered formula yet, only the ready to eat, but will probably be switching to powdered at some point in the near future so just curious.  tia.

Re: do you just use tap water with your formula powder?

• I think it depends where you live and where your city gets it's water/what's in it. I would check with your pediatrician.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I do. And i did notice at my WIC appointments & his doctor checkups, they always ask me if i have city water, which i respond to "yes" then they say "okay good, use that for his bottles" Never thought about it till now.

Santas little helper!

• Loading the player...
  • we buy nursery water from the grocery store
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • we use nursery water
    BFP 4/22/10 - hoping for a baby girl Pregnancy Ticker
  • we have a water dispenser and use that & buy the jugs for it which is purified water... which we did this becuase our house has well water... but honestly even if we did have city water I would do the same after seeing on the news when I was preggo that they tested the city water supplies in our area and traces of lead and mercury were found in it. Thats just me and my opinion though 
  • also DH does construction and he has replaced city water line and such and said that it is nasty and you don't wanna know what your water runs through. Not trying to scare anyone or change your mind becuase I've drank it many times and nothings ever happened but just a thought
  • I have city/town water but I use bottled water. Our water is too high in chlorine, you can smell it so i didn't feel comfortable using it for LOs bottles
  • imageEMT12resq:
    I have city/town water but I use bottled water. Our water is too high in chlorine, you can smell it so i didn't feel comfortable using it for LOs bottles

This exactly. I don't drink from the tap, so why would I have LO drink from it?

• No. I use distilled water because the directions on the formula say to. I have city water as well.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We have well water and I use Gerber Pure.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Natural M/C 1.10 MMC 1.13 CP 12.13
    This is for all the caterpillars that never became butterflies. And for all the butterflies that never felt the wind in their wings. And for all the hearts that had hopes and dreams of a wondrous flight together.
  • imagemoosemax:

imageEMT12resq:
    I have city/town water but I use bottled water. Our water is too high in chlorine, you can smell it so i didn't feel comfortable using it for LOs bottles

This exactly. I don't drink from the tap, so why would I have LO drink from it?

same here...I'm not gonna give my baby something we don't even drink. We use Gerber Pure or Nursery water

• We have city water and use a PUR filter on it for ourselves and for our babies formula.
  • I use jugs of distilled water.  We recently got new plumbing and I think the tap water tastes funny, otherwise I might use that.

I don't use nursery water because it often has flouride added.  I have some issues from excess flouride consumption when I was little and I do not want DS to suffer the same.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagemjscan:
    We have city water and use a PUR filter on it for ourselves and for our babies formula.

This. We drink it with the filter, it tastes fine. So I don't think there's any reason to buy nursery water.  

• imagemjscan:
    We have city water and use a PUR filter on it for ourselves and for our babies formula.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"