3rd Trimester

My Inlaws are banned from the hospital

My family has agreed to help with DD and I just can not handle my in laws being at the hospital. My inlaws are divorced so instead of one monster in law I have two. I have always been treated like an outsider and my inlaws are constantly in our business and starting trouble in our marriage. They made no secret that NONE of them wamted us to have another baby because they think we can't afford it; DH and I are completely financially independent and never ask anyone for anything. They are absent from DDs life except for when people are looking and it makes them look good so I just don't feel comfortable with them being there. Am I being selfish? I feel sad because DH will not have family there but I don't want them there causing problems during this special time in our lives.

Re: My Inlaws are banned from the hospital

• I don't blame you for feeling that way but the best advice is to let your DH make the decision because they are still his parents and I find that when it comes to in-laws or the other family let the one directly related make the call.  This way there will be no arguement and no one can blame you.  HTH
  • No you are not being shelfish. My DH's parents are not allowed at the hospital either. His father is a complete jerk to me all the time. He has made it very clear on numerous occasions that he does not even support our marraige. So, just remember you are the one giving birth and you need as little stress around you as possible!

• Loading the player...
  • YOU are your husbands family...truly and honestly. REVEL in that...and be thankful for that. ENJOY your peace and LOVE on your FAMILY! :) God bless!
  • Not selfish.  This is a big day for you and you should have exactly what you want to make you comfortable. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • You are not being selfish at all!  
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I don't think you are being selfish as long as your husband is on board. If he's okay with it do what you have to do. This your YOUR TIME. You and your husband's, no one else's. 
    Thalia Kathryn
  • I don't blame you, I wouldn't want them around either.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"