Babies: 3 - 6 Months

If you have had your wisdom teeth removed...

How was your recovery? 

Thursday I am having all 4 of mine removed and Friday I don't have anyone to help with B until later that afternoon.  The day after surgery, were you able to function ok?  I know everyone is different, just wondering about your experience.  TIA!

Re: If you have had your wisdom teeth removed...

• I was definitely sleeping the entire day after, no where near functioning. The following day I was fine but couldn't talk or eat.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • I was fully sedated for mine, so I was totally out of it all day. But beyond that day, I was fine beyond my mouth hurting like hell...the swelling didn't go down for over a week.
  • Loading the player...
  • I will not go into detail..my experience was bad.But I know so many people it went well for.

I took about 4 days to start feeling like moving around again.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageSnoopyLuv:
    I was definitely sleeping the entire day after, no where near functioning. The following day I was fine but couldn't talk or eat.

ditto! I took some drugs and fell asleep as soon as I got home from surgery (crashed on my mom's couch I believe), and the next day was all sorts of crappy.

Baby in a Blue Teapot
    Tempest in a Blue Teapot, food and everything else
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
    "You live, you learn, you drink, and move on." ~ Rotty
  • imageuluvfranke:

I will not go into detail..my experience was bad.But I know so many people it went well for.

Same.

DH and I both had epic horrible experiences- I certainly hope you do not! Take those pain pills!!

A + Life

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me:24 DH:27
    TTC #2 since August 2011

DX: Low AMH 1.79 Mildly elevated FSH 9.9

1 month of Letrozole, 3 IUI's with Letrozole, All BFN. 1 canceled IVF cycle, BFN.

May 2013 IVF w/ICSI #1.5: Start BCP 5/8 2 pills a day. Suppression Ultrasound 5/29. Begin Dexamethasone & Lupron Microdose 5/31. Started Gonal F and Menopur 6/2.

ER 6/12 13R,9M,8F.

5DT CANCELLED due to moderate OHSS

5DT UNcancelled due to embryos not being capable of cryopreservation

Transfered 2 "poor quality" embryo's on 6/17

No frozen embryos.

Beta #1 6/25 6. Chemical Pregnancy confirmed. Beta #2 6/28 -1
    Done trying

• I had mine really early in the morning (like 7AM) and I was not able to function at all until late in the evening.  Like about 8 PM. 

I would get childcare for B that day, honestly.  Most likely, the most you'll be able to do after they're pulled out is sit on the couch, watch her with drugged up eyes and drool blood and saliva on yourself. 

My oral surgeon wouldn't let me leave the office unless I had a ride home and someone to keep an eye on me for the rest of the day.  He said that the day I made the appointment.   

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• I'm glad you posted this. I only *need* one removed, but after reading these responses, I will be waiting until I'm done BFing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I slept all day the following day...I still felt pretty bad for about two days.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Eek! I was 15 when I had all four of mine removed. I would have to ask my mom. All I know is that I had vicadins (sp?) and dissolvable stitches that felt weird. I slept a lot and I remember it being around St. Patrick's Day bc I had a Shamrock Shake from McDonald's and the taste of that combined with the weird blood taste has ruined those shakes for me since.

Good luck, babe! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageuluvfranke:

I will not go into detail..my experience was bad.But I know so many people it went well for.

I had a bad experience with mine as well so I was down for the count for about 4 days. I definitely was no where near ready and able function on the first day but everyone is different.  Can you take LO to daycare for the day so you can try and rest? 

• Mine were horrible.  They were impacted so I wasn't doing anything for a while.  If it would have been normal I would have been up and around the next day i think.
  • I am not going to lie.  My experience was HORRIBLE.  I had 4 removed and was in quite a bit of pain afterwards.  I ended up with dry sockets it sucked.  I was not functioning for a couple days due to pain.

GL to you!

• I was a train wreck after I had mine out, for several days.
  • I guess I am in the minority. I was fine after it. No issues at all.

I had gallbladder surgery when H was 3 weeks old. I was up and taking care of H after 24 hours.

DS has acid relux and milk protein allergy, and had torticollis, used to EP, now we FF . April siggy 3-6 month
    We're Finally Three imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Born 7lb, 15oz, 21-1/4, 2 mo - 12lbs, 14oz. 25", 3mo - 14lb, 4oz 26in , 4 mo - 16lb, 1oz, 26 3/4 in, 5 mo 18 lb, 4oz 27-3/4 in, 6 mo 28 3/4 in 19lb, 14oz
  • Thank you all for letting me know about your recovery.  I decided that I am going to have to get full coverage for Brady on Friday, sounds like I have a good chance of being out of it.  And I am sorry for those that had bad experiences!!
  • I was fully sedated and I had a pretty rough recovery.  It was at least three or four days before I was back to normal. 
  • imageMrsFv20:
    I was fully sedated for mine, so I was totally out of it all day. But beyond that day, I was fine beyond my mouth hurting like hell...the swelling didn't go down for over a week.

Just had one removed two weeks ago. I felt exactly like that. I could take care of her I was just in pain. so if you are gonna take your pain meds...get some help.

• Having my wisdom teeth taken out was worse than labor.  I had all 4 of mine out the same day, and I was out of commission for several days after.  It was a great diet though...was weeks before I could eat normally again.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • you'd better get someone to help. seriously.
  • I was so drugged up I didn't remember the day! I woke up and it was 8pm and I didn't remember ever coming home from my 10am appointment! I slept the whole next day too but I didn't have kids then. It took almost a week before I could eat anything but mashed potatoes and milkshakes. 
  • Mine were removed individually (like when they started bothering me I'd go in and have them taken out, so I didn't have them all taken at once). 

My DH had all 4 of his removed in 2009. He was put completely out because of his heart condition. He was in a lot of pain. He was sick to his stomach the next day because he had not been able to eat anything and had swallowed a lot of blood (we couldn't get one of the areas to stop bleeding). 

I really hope you can find someone to help the morning after, because you may be in a lot of pain (obv depending on your pain threshold). Hopefully things go smoothly and you don't have a lot of pain or excess bleeding.

• I think it was about a week for me to be back to normal, but I remember being sick the first night because of the pain meds...I was 18 then, and had SEVEN, yes SEVEN wisdom teeth removed...and they didn't even put me to sleep...I was awake the whole time.  Like a pp said, it was worse than labor.  I then had to drive cross-country a week later to go to college, so in my old college ID I look like a chipmunk, lol.
  • The day of, I slept off the nausea caused by the narcotics.  I didn't have anesthesia besides novacaine, for the surgery, though.  No conscious sedation for me (which worked for me, but I wouldn't recomend for everyone).  That may make a difference in recovery.  The next day, I felt fine.  I was in a lot of pain a few days later and it turned out I had dry sockets.  I couldn't eat for a week!  I totally would have been ok to take care of a LO the day after.
    My Bio
    Blog
    Miles Alister. 9.17.2007. 8# 6oz 21.5inches
    Isla Penelope. 10.21.2010. 8# 3oz 21 inches
    2 Months 11# 6oz 23.5 inches
    4 Months 13# 6oz 25 inches
    6 Months 14# 15oz 27 inches
    9 Months 17# 10oz 28 inches
    12 Months 19# 10oz 28.75 inches
  • imagesrthomas88:

How was your recovery? 

Thursday I am having all 4 of mine removed and Friday I don't have anyone to help with B until later that afternoon.  The day after surgery, were you able to function ok?  I know everyone is different, just wondering about your experience.  TIA!

I was fully sedated for mine, so recovery from that was no fun. I was pretty much worthless for the day of, next day I was taking care of my barely one year old daughter and 2 step kids. It was painful, but do able!  The procedure itself wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, if that helps any. Good luck to you dear!
  • I didn't have probs -- drugs were great and pain was nothing compared to braces.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't have to have surgery. I was actually awake for mine. The numbing shots were more traumatic than the actual removal and my recovery was speedy. Just follow the instructions to a T!
    imageimage
  • I had 4impacted wisdom teeth removed and was eating BK later that day. The only part that sucked was the dry socket.
    DS1: 8/3/10, DD1: 8/17/13, DD2: 8/13/15
    Twins lost to due to partial molar pregnancy: September 2011 
    ~~PAL, PgAL Always Welcome~~
  • I apparently didn't listen when they said not to eat anything after midnight... don't do that. I had to be awake during it, it wasn't that bad. I didn't hurt that badly. I hate taking pain pills so I didn't after the first day. The worst part was that I got a shake from a local pharmacy (so good). I wasn't able to control my mouth enough to eat it... I had an emotional afternoon because I couldn't feel much of my face. I'm a control freak, LOL! I also had a reaction to the pain pills which made me sick. 

Onto your question :) Definitely get someone for B... You won't feel up to getting up and down all day. Just chill! I hope you have a good experience!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"