Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Rx for Thrush?

Did anyone's Dr. suggest Lotromin for Thrush?  I realize it's an anti-fungal, however, is it safe for your infant to ingest.  TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Rx for Thrush?

• NO, no no the baby isn't suppost to eat, ingest, or any of that nature.  My baby's peditrician suggest that I used Lotromin for my nipples but I have to wipe before feeding him.  It just prevents the thrush from getting on you.  Do you have you LO prescription for the liquid?
  • I am only asking because I am shaking mad at my General Prac.  I called, told them several times I'm nursing and asked for an Rx for thrush (per the pedi who suggested I call my GP).  And my GP calls back to tell me to pick up over the counter Lotromin.  I'm so ticked off.  This has been an on-going issue with my GP being sucky.  The pedi called in an Rx for both of us. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • that bites. I just filled my DS prescription this morning, forgot the name of medicine. but its yellow.
  • Usually they prescribe Nystatin as a first med for thrush. Definitely don't listen to them...babies can't eat Lotrimin.
  • yup Nystatin works.  Don't worry it will go away.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"