Working Moms

It's Monday Morning - Vent Here!

Me:  not so much a vent as an irritant.  I had to go in to work on Saturday to start an investigation.  Evidently people don't know how to act like grown ups at work.  So now, in addition to all the other things I have to get done this week, I have to spend hours interviewing people.  Grrrr.  Employee Relations gets on my nerves sometimes!

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

Re: It's Monday Morning - Vent Here!

• Brace yourself...and please, no flames. Just need to get this out somewhere.  My bro and SIL had a baby Friday. She weighed just over 5 lbs full term. She has a physical deformity (2 toes fused together) and she can only eat 1/4 oz every 2 hours - they estimate her stomach to be the size of a pinball.  Other than that, she is good.  My rant - SIL smoked (both cigs and likely pot also) throughout the pregnancy, and is trying to act like that had nothing to do with their baby's issues.  Then, she has to be fed with a syringe, so she is letting my bro do all the feedings, and she wonders why her supply isn't working. 

They did not want a baby, they did not want to get pregnant (though they used no form of BC for three years). I even offered to adopt her - yes we are that concerned about them as parents.  Her little blankets all smell like smoke already.  Sigh. God help my niece be strong, despite her environment.

• imageegeiger:

Brace yourself...and please, no flames. Just need to get this out somewhere.  My bro and SIL had a baby Friday. She weighed just over 5 lbs full term. She has a physical deformity (2 toes fused together) and she can only eat 1/4 oz every 2 hours - they estimate her stomach to be the size of a pinball.  Other than that, she is good.  My rant - SIL smoked (both cigs and likely pot also) throughout the pregnancy, and is trying to act like that had nothing to do with their baby's issues.  Then, she has to be fed with a syringe, so she is letting my bro do all the feedings, and she wonders why her supply isn't working. 

They did not want a baby, they did not want to get pregnant (though they used no form of BC for three years). I even offered to adopt her - yes we are that concerned about them as parents.  Her little blankets all smell like smoke already.  Sigh. God help my niece be strong, despite her environment.

Oh my gosh, I feel so sad for that little baby. She is lucky to have a caring aunt like you. It should be illegal to smoke while pregnant and even while you are around kids. Although that likely wouldn't deter her if she was smoking pot as well.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • OK, not a HUGE vent, but DH has to drive me to work 2 mornings per week.  Today he had to drop me off extra early because DD has a Dr appointment at 9:00.  I made sure that everything was ready the night before because getting out on time in the morning is very important (5 minutes late and you're looking at 20 minutes of traffic).  As we are walking out the door DH informs me that there is no gas in the car and we have to stop for gas.. REALLY?!  you couldn't have told me that last night so we could have left earlier?  I ended up being 25 minutes late and he was late to drop DS at preschool and take DD to her appointment.  I just really hate being late Tongue Tied
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • DH has been out of town since Friday morning.  Every year he and some of his buddies from high school do a long weekend at the beach to play golf.  I was home alone with cranky/teething DD all weekend, but I was fine with that. 

I told him last week that I would like for him to try to get home early today so that he could take HIS dog to the vet (not a life threatening issue, but the dog does really need to be seen).  Well, I just talked to him and he has not even left the condo yet!  And now he is acting like he had no idea his dog needs to go to the vet and there is no way that he can do it until Thurs or Fri.  I am so angry.  A. This is his dog.  B. If I had known that he was going to do this (of course I should have known because it is so par for the course with him) I would have taken the dog to the vet myself on Friday afternoon!  Now I am going to have to figure out a way to work a vet visit into my schedule today or tomorrow all because DH drank too much last night and overslept.   

• imageegeiger:

Brace yourself...and please, no flames. Just need to get this out somewhere.  My bro and SIL had a baby Friday. She weighed just over 5 lbs full term. She has a physical deformity (2 toes fused together) and she can only eat 1/4 oz every 2 hours - they estimate her stomach to be the size of a pinball.  Other than that, she is good.  My rant - SIL smoked (both cigs and likely pot also) throughout the pregnancy, and is trying to act like that had nothing to do with their baby's issues.  Then, she has to be fed with a syringe, so she is letting my bro do all the feedings, and she wonders why her supply isn't working. 

Wow, definitely no flames here.  That poor little girl.  I'm glad she has a caring Aunt in her life.  I wish your family the best.

My vent is that I woke up Saturday morning with major head congestion and a sore throat.  I still feel like crap.  My whole head and neck hurt b/c of the congestion and my glands being so swollen.  Ugh.

DD has been sleeping terribly and was up for 2 hours last night.  She's getting her 1 year molars already and this is the worst that teething has been for us.  I'm exhausted and should have stayed home today but guilt won. 

Is today over yet? 

DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • The lady who works across the 'hall' from me (cube land) is ALWAYS making personal calls/running her life from work. I know more about her work out schedule, grandkids soccer days, grown kids dental appointments, morgage on her vacation home, will and trust than my own family. It's pathetic and management lets it happen. I feel guilty for bumping and yet she spends 5 of our 8 working hours not working!

• Nothing big for me except that it's cold and rainy here and when I left the house at 8:30, DS and DH were both still sleeping.  DH was laid off and he started back to work the first of the year but only got called back part time and he works every other weekend.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2 with PCOS since September 2009
    BFP, Femara 7.5mg, Ovidrel, IUI. Beta #1 17dpIUI -495 Beta #2 19dpIUI-1031
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lovebugs2012
    My Blog
  • OMG. She just yelled at her husband or son for calling her at work from the CELL phone rather than the HOUSE phone. My mom's rule when we were growing up was to only call her at work if we were bleeding profusely!

• My car needs a new transmission at 10 years old, 120k.  $2300 Ugh...  We decided to repair, but putting that kind of money into a 10 yr old car that doesn't 100% fit our needs (we'd rather have a mini van or SUV)...  I bought a Honda because I didn't want to pay for major repairs until at least 200k miles :(  

• imageegeiger:

Omg that's just awful. I have a friend who smoked cigarettes with all 3 of her babies and they all came weeks early and were very small. Luckily they don't have health issues, but she wonders why it happens.. Huh? She won't admit it's because of her selfish smoking. Your poor niece... I feel so bad for her. T&P her way..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Mikaela is going to have a little brother! BabyFetus Ticker
  • My vent is that my boss wouldn't let me come into work because of the blizzard we had (even though we have a truck with 4WD and had no problem driving) so I didn't get paid all last week because the office was closed. Everyone else who works there were paid because they worked from home, and since I'm a receptionist they don't have anything for me to do from home. Thank God DH got paid for being out.

Another vent is that I've been trying to finish enrolling in college for the next semester in March for a while now, and the last thing I need is my high school transcripts to get to the campus. When my high school sent it out it got lost in the mail with this weather so they have to resend it today. I'm cutting it close with meeting deadlines and I'm just stressing out. I want to be back in school so bad and get going with my career.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Mikaela is going to have a little brother! BabyFetus Ticker
  • Thanks for all the prayers - we'll need em! To brighten back up the mood....here is a pic of the little darling =)

• I'm a little annoyed this morning. I'm working on a massive project that absolutely had to be in by 8 this morning to go to press. I sent it to several people for review last week and heard back from one of them late last night. on superbowl sunday. after I had a big party at my house. second, I asked for comments by Friday. third, half the people never responded. it made this morning really stressful. 

and then my company credit card was denied so I had to put the $6,000 project on my personal amex. luckily I still made the deadline (barely, with ONE minute to spare).

yesterday I hosted a superbowl party/birthday party for my brother. various family members drove me crazy, for different reasons. I should have known my tolerance would be pretty low and kept it small, but sometimes I'm physically unable to say no.

here's hoping it's all downhill from here!

imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Another VENT-- My IL's won't train their dog.  She is semi-paper trained, and I guess they'd rather clean up her mess than take her outside.  So frustrating.  They've been staying with us while they were moving and I've found poo all over the house.  They just moved to be closer to us, and I don't really want them to come over to our house.  DH agrees-- we're going over there for awhile which is a major PITA.

Just train your dog, DAMMIT!

• imagePrintergirl:

OMG. She just yelled at her husband or son for calling her at work from the CELL phone rather than the HOUSE phone. My mom's rule when we were growing up was to only call her at work if we were bleeding profusely!

I have a coirker who does that too.  Her kids are in college and she will interrupt a meeting to take a call from them in the middle of the day.  It's so bizarre to me!

My vent is about MH.  I (thought I) kindly reminded him the AM that he needed to make lunches asap b/c it was already 8 am and DS leaves for the bus at 8:20.  He had just gotten out of the shower and usually leaves earlier and has the lunches made the night before. Since he's not around, I wasn't sure if he knew when he needed to have it done by.  Somehow it turns into an argument about him not doing anything and me doing everything (his words).  WTF, he could have just said he was on it or had a plan or something. 

DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Mine is we just found out there is going to be a company retreat on Friday.  Seriously, they have laid off 2/3 of the staff and you are going to do this?  I asked my boss if they are closing the office down and she said she would check on it.  All I have to say is they better not keep me at the front desk all day with out a break or lunch again!
  • I have a big fat, self-induced hangover today! I don't want to be at work...

Up-side: MY PACKERS WON THE SUPERBOWL... which is why I have a big-fat head!

High risk momma: Diagnosed with a partially abrupted placenta at 32 weeks and sentenced to strict bed rest for the remainder. Pregnancy Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • My boss dumps work on me left and right. I don't usually complain, because he is pretty lenient with me, but today I am just annoyed. That is all.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"