2nd Trimester
Options

It Doesn't Feel Real...

Any other second time (or first who may be feeling this) still have a hard time feeling they are pregnant?  I am over the moon happy about it and did a lot to get pg so obviously I could not be happier.  However, I have a hard time believing it this time around.  I have all the symptoms I did with DS such as morning sickness and have just started round ligament pain, etc. but I still sometimes forget I am pg and have a hard time feeling like it is real.  I chalk it up to having a busy 2 year old, working full-time and having been through it before so I know what to expect for the most part and therefore don't get excited about every little change as I did with DS. However, I can't believe it doesnt' feel more real and I am surprised.  Anyone else? 

Praying this little one sticks!
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers          Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: It Doesn't Feel Real...

• Options
    I share the same feeling every once in a while. This is my first and all my morning sickness is gone. The only "symptom" I really have is a protruding belly and indigestion, which could just be that and not anything to do with pregnancy. However, I have been feeling a "flutter"  and that is when it sinks in again. Hopefully he will get big enough so I can feel him better soon. I figure that will definitely make it more real.
  • Options
    I have been saying this for months! I was really, really sleepy in the first tri but other than that I have had NO symptoms. (lucky me! I know.) Even after I heard the heartbeat and saw the baby on the u/s last week. Maybe it will feel more real when I can feel the baby moving. I haven't felt anything yet, but I'm a first timer and the Dr said that's normal.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is my first child and I don't feel PG barley at all. I'm not getting a belly as quick as a lot of PG women I know and people don't really believe that I'm PG either by the way I look. I have had a great pregnancy so far. No sick symptoms and just been really healthy. I forget a lot of times that I'm PG. It kinda sucks. Believe it or not, I want a huge belly and I want to feel PG. I wish I knew how to cope with the depressing feeling.
  • Options

imageeaduvall:
    I have been saying this for months! I was really, really sleepy in the first tri but other than that I have had NO symptoms. (lucky me! I know.) Even after I heard the heartbeat and saw the baby on the u/s last week. Maybe it will feel more real when I can feel the baby moving. I haven't felt anything yet, but I'm a first timer and the Dr said that's normal.

Oh yep, that's normal. This is my first too and I literally just started to feel movement. It sucks, but I use my doppler for reassurance. 

• Options
    Totally - just said this to DH last night -  it has just FLOWN by.  I felt really crappy in the beginning but I think having the 2 year old, working full time and just being so busy all the time has already put that in the way past (so it seems).  I think it has started to be a little more real now that we had our 20 week scan and found out we're having another little girl.  It really hit DH when we went to the doctor on Friday cause he hadn't been to a doctor's appointment yet. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    To be honest it doesn't feel real to me that I have DD. I just keep thinking that one day her real parents are going to pick her up lol! She is mine and DH we did not adopt her or anything. It is just hard to believe that I have a 1 year old and now with this pregnancy I don't feel like it is real either. I have seen the baby on the ultra sound. I have heard the heart beat. I have been going to the doctor very 4 weeks but still nothing feels real. Sometimes I wonder if it will ever feel real.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I thought it would be more real this time, and I was really suprised, until last week it didnt seem real at all, and then we had an US, which made it seem more real, but I think how busy you are as a mom makes it harder to really think about being pregnant through the day....I know it sounds dumb, cause there are symptoms etc, but I just find myself thinking about it less cause there is so much going on with DD.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I definitely don?t feel like it?s real either. I didn?t have many symptoms when I first found out. I didn?t get morning sickness but I did feel queasy through the day sometimes. It took a while to notice a change in my boobs too but other than that, I haven?t really had any symptoms. I do get the ligament pain but since I don?t even feel the baby yet and my stomach isn?t really large or hard, I just feel fat all of the time. If definitely gained weight which makes it hard since I don?t look pregnant yet? just makes me feel fat and gross. All of this makes it really hard to believe that there is a baby in there.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear I am not the only one. I've chalked it up to everything going on.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"