Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Bumbo..

When did you start putting your LO in the bumbo chair? I can't remember when we started with DD1. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Bumbo..

• I think we started at 3 months with DS.  I have put DD in it already and she still needs a little more time, her head and neck strength are great but not quite ready for the bumbo.  They are recommended for 3 to 14 months but it all depends on the baby's abilities.
  • DD has been in it a few times since maybe 6-8 weeks?  I'd have to look at the picture I took :-)  She's only sat in it for a couple minutes at a time, she usually spits up in the chair.  Try it out, if LO can't hold up head/hunches over you'll know it's too early.  Or in my case DD will start crying!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagedamensmummy:
    I think we started at 3 months with DS.  I have put DD in it already and she still needs a little more time, her head and neck strength are great but not quite ready for the bumbo.  They are recommended for 3 to 14 months but it all depends on the baby's abilities.

This exactly. LO is a bit too wobbly still for the Bumbo.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • I pulled it out at 8 weeks.  She has done really well so far (see siggy).  She gets tired fast though.
  • 2 months, but she couldn't sit up well so we waited until she was a couple weeks older.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • imagecrazystace:

imagedamensmummy:
    I think we started at 3 months with DS.  I have put DD in it already and she still needs a little more time, her head and neck strength are great but not quite ready for the bumbo.  They are recommended for 3 to 14 months but it all depends on the baby's abilities.

This exactly. LO is a bit too wobbly still for the Bumbo.

This for us too.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to be over, it's about learning how to dance in the rain." -Unknown

Married 3-1-08  |  Nathan 11-24-08  |  Kaelyn 11-30-10  |  Alicia  8-17-13

• We started putting LO in it at 10 weeks because he has good head control.  However, he is only in it for a few minutes because his neck gets tired and his head will start to wobble.

• He was just over 4 months.  He probably was ready enough after 3 months, but we hadn't yet gotten it from our friends yet.  They need to have good neck control and some upper body strength. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"