Austin Babies

T&P please - friend lost baby @ 22 weeks.

I'm absolutely  heartbroken for my friend.  She and her DH were supposed to find out the gender on Monday, and I messaged her to see if they'd found out yet because I didn't know what time the appointment was.  She said it was a girl and that there were complications and she'd call me with an update.  When I didn't hear from her, I figured she was probably just dealing with whatever the issue was, so I didn't want to bother her.  Her mom called me today to inform me that their little daughter was born alive and that they were able to spend a few hours with her before she passed.  I don't know any details, but it was due to a lung issue. :(

I just cannot imagine. I can't wrap my mind around how horrible this is for my friend and her family and I can't stop crying when I think about it.  If you can spare any T&Ps for her even though you don't know her, I know she would really appreciate it.  Just pray for her to find healing and peace soon.  Thanks.

Re: T&P please - friend lost baby @ 22 weeks.

• Oh my goodness!  Thoughts go out to that family!!  Broken Heart
    IMG_1749_2
  • Thoughts and prayers are being sent out to your friend!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry for her loss.  How sad.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just got the chills, so sad;(
  • This breaks my heart and makes me want to squeeze M a little tighter. My thoughts and prayers are with that family.
  • Wow.....lots of t&p.  How very, very sad.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    "There is a fine line between a princess and a witch...thinking you're one does NOT give you the right to act like the other." my grandmother
  • So sad.  Thoughts and prayers to your friend and her family.
  • That is so sad.  Sending a lot of thoughts and prayers to your friend and her family.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How sad.  I can't imagine what they must be going through.  I am glad that they were able to spend some time with her before having to say goodbye.  My thoughts will be with them.
  • Praying for healing and peace... what a hard blessing that they were able to spend a few hrs with her.
  • Lots of thoughts and prayers to them!
    Blog
    TTC #1 since February 2011
    BFP #1 1/14/12 EDD 9/24/12 m/c at 8w4d on 2/20/12
    March 2012- Dx with PCOS, started metformin
    July 2012- SA completely normal
  • So very sorry to hear about her loss... it's a very difficult situation but just being there for her is what she needs right now. I would definately suggest that she talk to someone about how she's feeling. It will help the healing process. If she's in Austin, I'd recommend the HOPE Support Group. DH and I attend our last meeting this week and it has really helped us cope with our loss. mlf625 suggested it to us as well.

https://kilcrease.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=36&Itemid=7

~ Tiffany -- ATX PG Bio
    Loss at 15wks - Dec 2010 and 5.5wks - Sept 2011
    My little ballerina - thanks Life in Motion Photography!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagetwolverton:

So very sorry to hear about her loss... it's a very difficult situation but just being there for her is what she needs right now. I would definately suggest that she talk to someone about how she's feeling. It will help the healing process. If she's in Austin, I'd recommend the HOPE Support Group. DH and I attend our last meeting this week and it has really helped us cope with our loss. mlf625 suggested it to us as well.

Thanks! She's actually in New Jersey. I suspect they may be moving back to Austin sometime in the near future...if they do I will bookmark that for her.

I know nothing I can do will ever even come close to taking away any of her pain, but I would like to do something for her.  Any ideas?  I was thinking of sending her a "care package" of just some girly stuff that might help remind her to take special care of herself and possibly help her relax a bit and maybe take her mind off things for a while.  Is that a good idea, do you think?  I was thinking maybe some chocolates, a mindless girly movie (Legally Blonde or something), a pedicure kit, some smell good bath stuff, trashy magazines, etc.?

• I am so, so sorry, K.  I cannot begin to imagine what they are going through.  T&P for your friends.
  • imageCollieJade:
    imagetwolverton:

So very sorry to hear about her loss... it's a very difficult situation but just being there for her is what she needs right now. I would definately suggest that she talk to someone about how she's feeling. It will help the healing process. If she's in Austin, I'd recommend the HOPE Support Group. DH and I attend our last meeting this week and it has really helped us cope with our loss. mlf625 suggested it to us as well.

Thanks! She's actually in New Jersey. I suspect they may be moving back to Austin sometime in the near future...if they do I will bookmark that for her.

I know nothing I can do will ever even come close to taking away any of her pain, but I would like to do something for her.  Any ideas?  I was thinking of sending her a "care package" of just some girly stuff that might help remind her to take special care of herself and possibly help her relax a bit and maybe take her mind off things for a while.  Is that a good idea, do you think?  I was thinking maybe some chocolates, a mindless girly movie (Legally Blonde or something), a pedicure kit, some smell good bath stuff, trashy magazines, etc.?

I think the ideas you have for your care package are perfect.  Friends did that for me with both of my m/c's and it really made me feel special.  You are a sweet friend.

• imageL*L*CG:
    I think the ideas you have for your care package are perfect.  Friends did that for me with both of my m/c's and it really made me feel special.  You are a sweet friend.

I agree, I think that's a great idea and very sweet of you. I'm sure it'll mean a lot.

~ Tiffany -- ATX PG Bio
    Loss at 15wks - Dec 2010 and 5.5wks - Sept 2011
    My little ballerina - thanks Life in Motion Photography!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so sorry for her loss.  :(  Natalie Grant's song "Held" comes to mind. 

If you are doing a gift, maybe you could get her the JAvery Angel Charm.  My sister still wears hers every day.

• SadCrying

It hurts to read your post. 2 years a ago, a very good friend of mine lost their 42 week old baby girl who was reported healthy during all the appointments. My friend felt the contractions, went to the hospital and the doctor wouldn't find the baby's heart beat.

I remember crying my heart out when I heard the terrible news. But today my friend has a beautiful 1 year old daughter. She conceived again after 4-6 months after she lost her first baby.

My prayers with your friend. Only time will heal the loss. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"