Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Can we talk about affordable vaccuums?

My vaccuum is garbage. I got it for Christmas two years ago, and while it was a great starter vaccuum I have much higher vaccuum demands now. I have two cats, one mobile baby and another on the way. Various things get crunched on thrown on the floor, my cats shed and almost my entire apartment is carpeted. I need more in a vaccuum.

I would LOVE to get a Dyson, but they are way too expensive for us. I would like to spend less than $300. Anyone have any good recs?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Can we talk about affordable vaccuums?

• I was gonna recommend a Dyson.  Hmmm... how about a cheap maid who brings a Dyson with her?
  • We bought the Bissel vacuum for pets and I love it. My only problem with it is that the dirt bin is a little small so I have to dump it out before I do the basement. We have 3 dogs and that thing picks up pet hair really well!
  • Loading the player...
  • I have the Bissel Pet and I no longer love it. In the beginning it worked well but now it is losing power, and we have only had it one year. We have one dog. I think the only vacuum I have heard good things about is the Dyson Animal. It is  expensive though but we may bite the bullet and get one soon.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Seriously buy a dyson!  They're amazing for pet hair.  Bed Bath price matches and also accepts 20% coupons on top of that!  Keep your eyes open in your area's vacuum stores for sales, then take a coupon over to Bed Bath, have them price match, and then take the 20% off that price.  You can get a great price :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • imageLaurelBee:
    Seriously buy a dyson!  They're amazing for pet hair.  Bed Bath price matches and also accepts 20% coupons on top of that!  Keep your eyes open in your area's vacuum stores for sales, then take a coupon over to Bed Bath, have them price match, and then take the 20% off that price.  You can get a great price :)

this is a great idea!

~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• ~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• I too couldn't justify a Dyson.  I got this Hoover last summer for about $100 (it's $84 now!!) and I've been more than happy with it.  The one flaw is that the bin fills up quickly and sometimes the dog hair clumps up in there and I have to pick it out.  But for the price, I don't regret this purchase at all.  And I could buy a few of these for the price of a Dyson.

Sorry no clicky.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hoover-Whisper-Cyclonic-Upright-Vacuum/10258692

• You guys suck at recommending non-Dysons. :P
  • I've got a Shark and I love it!
  • The Oreck XL from Target is great. We got the one that also comes with a smaller hand vacuum for $299. Before that we had a bagless Eureka vacuum, but my dog's oily hair kept clogging it up. The Oreck works great - my mom has had hers for 11 years and has only had to occasionally take it to a repair shop for a new belt or other cheap repairs.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • we have the eureka pet vac and it's really a pretty good vacuum for the price! :) next vacuum will be a dyson animal, though!
  • I have had a Eureka boss for more than 5 years and it still works great. I'd say it was about $140. I'll buy another one when it dies and it will still cost me a lot less than a dyson. I have lots of capet and two cats to clean up after.
  • imageSassystace:
    I have had a Eureka boss for more than 5 years and it still works great. I'd say it was about $140. I'll buy another one when it dies and it will still cost me a lot less than a dyson. I have lots of capet and two cats to clean up after.
    This is the one I have been thinking about. I read a bunch of different reviews and this one got the best value for the money. Is yours bagless?
  • No, mine has a bag. I think bagless vacuums are more messy. I am on my Droid so I can't give you the link..I will look up the real name and post when DS is asleep.
  • imageSassystace:
    No, mine has a bag. I think bagless vacuums are more messy. I am on my Droid so I can't give you the link..I will look up the real name and post when DS is asleep.

Here is the link the the current model of the Eureka (SmartVac) I have and like:

https://www.amazon.com/Eureka-4870MZ-Smart-Vac-Upright-Cleaner/dp/B0015ASJIY/ref=dp_ob_title_kitchen

It is only $120 on amazon. You can't go wrong.

• imageMelly Mel:
    I have the Bissel Pet and I no longer love it. In the beginning it worked well but now it is losing power, and we have only had it one year. We have one dog. I think the only vacuum I have heard good things about is the Dyson Animal. It is  expensive though but we may bite the bullet and get one soon.

I would recommend cleaning out all the tubing. I thought my Bissel Pet had finally bit the dust too (4 years and 4 cats the entire time...) so I asked Santa (aka Mom and Dad) to bring me a for Christmas and I got another Bissel Pet. My dad took the original home to take a look at it. He found tons of small hair clogs that contributed to it losing suction. Now I have one Bissel Pet vacuum downstairs and another upstairs.

Why I love the Bissel Pet:

1) The price

2) Efficient. Before this vacuum I could not sit on the floor at all, period. Now I can lay on the floor and roll around with LO and not be sneezing, watery eyes, congested within seconds. More like 30 minutes now and thats if I haven't vacuumed in a couple of days.

3) Filters are cheap and the two filters come packaged together. Available at Walmart

4) Easy to empty, easy to use and cart around, easy to use attachments. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"