December 2010 Moms

Stuffy baby? Come in...

Poor little Eli is super stuffy- he hasn't slept more than an hour at a time for the past two nights because of his nose!  We are trying saline and obviously using the nose bulb to suction it out.  

What else can we do?  What has worked for you?

We go to the doc for our scheduled appt Tuesday, so I was hoping to do some home remedies till then since he seems happy and normal other than the stuffiness.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Stuffy baby? Come in...

• H was born stuffy, most c section babies are. Anyway, I would put him in his bouncer while I showered and it seemed to help a bit.

When DS1 a little one I used to take him in the shower with me. Our house is drafty so I am keeping the baths to a minimum with H.

• those are the two things we have done.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • We have a vicks cool air humidifier.  You can place vicks inserts in the humidifier and it shoots out "vicks air".  It works well!  I usually keep it on every night with the nursery door closed!  If its really bad, I put a little vicks vapor rub on the bottoms of his feet when he sleeps!!
    imageimage
  • I read somewhere to put children's vapor rub on the bottom of LO's feet before they go to sleep and it would help. I thought it was total crap because it sounds ridiculous to me, but I tried it on Max the other day and he was finally able to sleep! I know it sounds silly, but hey, whatever works. GL! Hope your babe gets to feeling better soon!
  • We use boogie wipes, saline drops and a saline spray we found at walgreens. We have a humidifier in her room and keep the door shut during the day so it gets nice and humid. At night I am not comfortable with the door completely shut, but I shut it almost all the way so the humidity stays in. When she had a cold, she slept in her rock and play. 

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagelaura101:

imageJenM9:
    I read somewhere to put children's vapor rub on the bottom of LO's feet before they go to sleep and it would help. I thought it was total crap because it sounds ridiculous to me, but I tried it on Max the other day and he was finally able to sleep! I know it sounds silly, but hey, whatever works. GL! Hope your babe gets to feeling better soon!

The pharmacist said not to use this till 3 months.

My pedi also recommended against using this. She said they don't recommend putting anything medicated on their skin when they are really little. 

DD1: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 36 weeks

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

DD2: IUGR, low AFI delivered at 37 weeks
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Huh..I checked with our doc before I did it and he said not to apply to his chest or face, but bottoms of feet were fine.
  • Tadhg is a little stuffy.  Our pedi said just use saline spray. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Why do they have to make it smell so good if you can't eat it?? BabyFruit Ticker
  • E is always stuffy! We figured out that if we bring her into a steamy bathroom and then use the saline drops, all her boogers will come out with one quick suck of the bulb aspirator.  The steamy bathroom also makes her sleepy, so I try to do it before our bedtime routine.  Oh, and the Little Noses bulb aspirator works WAY better than the others I've tried.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"