Babies: 6 - 9 Months

"Overnight" Diapers???

We use Pampers Baby Dry and Luvs, both which we LOVe and work great, but ever since LO has been rolling himself over and sleeping on his tummy, the Pampers are slightly leaking - since LO is a boy, I can see this happening with any diaper so I was wondering if the "Overnight" diapers really work and if so, which do you prefer - the Pampers or Huggies?  I havent been using Huggies lately because the last time I did LO broke out into serious diaper rash - could be coincidential, but I prefer the Pampers anyway. 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated~ thought I would get opinions first before I go out and get a box since they are so much more expensive!!!   :) Thanks!

Re: "Overnight" Diapers???

• We use pampers 12 hour diapers.  I tried the Huggies overnight diapers and they leaked each time.  I had to wash the sheets every morning when DD wore those.  A totally waste in my opinion.  Pampers win.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • We use the pampers overnight and they work great.  Because he's a tummy sleeper, but pull the diaper a little higher in the front or, sometimes, he will pee up the front and it will leak out.  Usually it's not a problem.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Maybe just try going up a size at night. As long as their not uber huge that might do the trick. It's a PITA having to buy 2 diff size diapers that's what I've done in the past. Right now the ones he wears are just a smidge big for during the day, but perfect for night time so it works... for now. I was actually going to buy the Huggies Overnights yesterday (had a bunch of coupons for Target) but I heard somewhere that they were nothing to write home about.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We just started using Huggies Overnights and they have worked great! LO was peeing right through every morning, but since we started the Overnights he is completely dry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you ladies~ 

One more question - with the overnights, do you buy a size up or the same size he wears now (during the day)??? 

• I got tired of leaks...so we double diaper at night.  NO more problems! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejenlyn324:

Thank you ladies~ 

One more question - with the overnights, do you buy a size up or the same size he wears now (during the day)??? 

We couldn't find 3's in our area, so we bumped it up to 4's back when we started using the overnights.  They worked fine.  He's now solidly in 4's and they still work great, so either way will work I'm sure.  I wouldn't feel like you need to go up a size unless you're close to bumping your LO up- keep in mind the box has a lot of diapers in it when you're only using 1 per day so if they're close to needing the next size, you might end up with a lot of diapers that are on the small size.  I don't know if I'm making sense :-)

• Totally makes sense!!!  Thank you!!!!! 
  • imagenwagner1:
    We use pampers 12 hour diapers.  I tried the Huggies overnight diapers and they leaked each time.  I had to wash the sheets every morning when DD wore those.  A totally waste in my opinion.  Pampers win.

This! Pampers 12 hours and the only ones that worked for us.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We use Huggies overnights and they work perfectly in LO's current size. I think you may want to buy a small pack of a couple and see what works best for your LO.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"