May 2011 Moms

What "bad" names do you LOVE?

We've had lots of posts lately on here about terrible/tacky/weird names.  What ones do you secretly love?

If DH wasn't firmly against it, our twin boys would be named Rocket and Royal.  Yep.  I know most people probably think I'm insane, but I love those names. 

It's funny because I'm pretty old-fashioned.  My second choice names are Henry and George.  (Can't get DH to agree to those, either.) 

Ok ladies, your turn!  Please keep it flame-free!

Re: What "bad" names do you LOVE?

• Saffron with the NN Saffy Embarrassed

I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE x 1,000,000,000 Kelly for a boy!!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i love clementine and juniper.  not that i think they are really "bad" names, but once we started actually talking about them with our last name and with mason, our ds's name, they just didn't seem to fit.  i do love them dearly though. 

ps- i like saffron too!

bound to cover just a little more ground Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • i LOVE the name Carsynn for a girl! my husband hates it...good thing we arent having a girl
  • DH and I both LOVE George. We also love Fred or Frederick. Plus side is that its a family name so we are "allowed" to use that one. For the record George is also a family name but its not as widely used in my family.

DH just said that if we do have a child named George Frederick (its a contender) that its for Harry Potter and not after the family. *sigh* He's my favorite nerd.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • imageRinnyAnne:
    My second choice names are Henry and George.

If you named them Henry and George you would have some pretty Royal twins! Wink Two Kings!

imageimage
  • imageamahrey:

i love clementine and juniper.  not that i think they are really "bad" names, but once we started actually talking about them with our last name and with mason, our ds's name, they just didn't seem to fit.  i do love them dearly though. 

ps- i like saffron too!

I LOVE Clementine. If DH would agree it would be on our top 5 list!

• DD has a dreaded "y" in her name! (GASP!) But- I have purpose! It's not just random, and I don't think it makes it terrible either! I chose the y instead of i because it just made sense to me. When we call her Addy, we spell it with a y, but where does the y come from if her name were Addison? I just felt like it made more sense. And being an Ashley myself, when I chose a popular name for DD, I wanted something to be a little extra special about it and not just run of the mill!

I also love the name Aiden despite popularity. I guess I am a top 100 name freak! This baby is going to be Avery which is slowly climbing the charts! 

PhotobucketPhotobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I also love boys names for girls! Which I've learned is not too popular around here!
    PhotobucketPhotobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Out of the names mentioned so far, I love Saffron and Clementine, and I think Juniper could be really sweet.

I tend to like names that aren't even on the Top 1000 for the U.S. (not a bad thing in my opinion).  We strongly considered the combination Seraphina Grey for this LO, and will probably use it for a future daughter should we have one.  My mom was terrible about it and said she'd call her Fifi until it drove us crazy!  I also love Lachlan for a boy, which is common elsewhere, but definitely not in the U.S.  

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • imagemeimsx:

DH and I both LOVE George. We also love Fred or Frederick. Plus side is that its a family name so we are "allowed" to use that one. For the record George is also a family name but its not as widely used in my family.

DH just said that if we do have a child named George Frederick (its a contender) that its for Harry Potter and not after the family. *sigh* He's my favorite nerd.

my dad's name is Frederick and one of our stillborn twins we named him Frederick. my uncle name is George.

Anniversary

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• If LO were a boy I'd be naming him Townes.
  • Please help me out... We both like the name SLADE for our lil boy... But we don't know any others by that name... Is it something he'll always have to spell for everyone and repeat 3 times?!?! Thanks for your input!!! Confused
  • imagecarmennickel:
    Please help me out... We both like the name SLADE for our lil boy... But we don't know any others by that name... Is it something he'll always have to spell for everyone and repeat 3 times?!?! Thanks for your input!!! Confused

No. I know of several little Slades.

It was on Real Housewives OC, too.

• I like girl names with "Y's" instead of "I's" (within reason).  Only one "Y" per name, please.  I also like Madison.  I love the name Hunter for a boy, even though I despise the idea of the sport/hobby.
    Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • imagefluffybuns:
    I also love boys names for girls! Which I've learned is not too popular around here!

Me, too.  And I also love names like Sophie and Emma and I wouldn't hesitate to use them, despite popularity or opinions.  (It helps that we're not sharing baby names until he's born.  No opinions!) :-)

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
  • I am normally against unconventional spellings for traditional names, but a couple of years ago there was someone on a reality show with the name Ellenore, which I loved and thought was such a pretty spelling. 

Normally I'm not a fan of the name Eleanor (just too old-fashioned for me), but I could see myself using the alternate spelling.  People probably would think I was crazy for butchering a classic name.

Ellie, mommy to Kate (4.20.06), Andrew (3.18.08) & Natalie (4.19.11), born at 34w1d Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Ditto to the boy names for girl names trend! My maiden name was Bradley and I have always wanted a daughter named Bradley.

I have noticed that people do not like the use of cities/places for names but if this baby were a boy his name would be Denver. 

• I worked with a little girl named Nashaly (Nuh-shay-lee) for a semester and I absolutely love the name! DH hates it of course.
  • I really like Brayden, but being around the Bump makes me recognize the deep dislike for Brayden/Aiden/Kaden/ect...
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagekacelle:

Out of the names mentioned so far, I love Saffron and Clementine, and I think Juniper could be really sweet.

I tend to like names that aren't even on the Top 1000 for the U.S. (not a bad thing in my opinion).  We strongly considered the combination Seraphina Grey for this LO, and will probably use it for a future daughter should we have one.  My mom was terrible about it and said she'd call her Fifi until it drove us crazy!  I also love Lachlan for a boy, which is common elsewhere, but definitely not in the U.S.  

I LOVE Lachlan!  It's on our list, but I doubt we'll use it since DS is Desmond and Desmond and Lach/Lock would be a bit too much LOST.

imageimage

• imagekacelle:

Out of the names mentioned so far, I love Saffron and Clementine, and I think Juniper could be really sweet.

I love Seraphina. It's the name of a favorite restaurant of mine in my hometown. This was an option for us until Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner used it. Now I'm glad we aren't using it. The inevitable nickname would be Sara, and I'm not a fan of that name for my child.

• I love the name Diesel for a boy. When I mentioned that to a friend they gave me the weirdest look. 
  • imagepook:

imagecarmennickel:
    Please help me out... We both like the name SLADE for our lil boy... But we don't know any others by that name... Is it something he'll always have to spell for everyone and repeat 3 times?!?! Thanks for your input!!! Confused

No. I know of several little Slades.

It was on Real Housewives OC, too.

I like the name but just cause of RH OC I could not name my son that.... but I do like the name...

clementine is my nick name since my last name is Clemens...

Anniversary

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"