Working Moms

How about a Friday afternoon poll?

1) Tell us something you did for yourself this week. 2) What are your plans for the weekend? 3) What is your favorite adult beverage and will you be partaking in one (or four) tonight? 4) What book are you currently reading? (or the last book you read) 5) When was your last date night with SO/DH. What did you do?
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: How about a Friday afternoon poll?

• 1) Tell us something you did for yourself this week.  Bought an exercise machine. 2) What are your plans for the weekend?  Birthday for my nephew, hanging with my boys going to a museum or two. 3) What is your favorite adult beverage and will you be partaking in one (or four) tonight?   Bailey's and coffee 4) What book are you currently reading? (or the last book you read)  Nothing at the moment - I read cookbooks for fun and just read through Nigellas and an old copy of the Frugal Gourmet 5) When was your last date night with SO/DH. What did you do?  A few weeks ago - dinner and coffee.
  •  1) Tell us something you did for yourself this week.

I bought myself an adorable new pair of shoes! And I stopped for coffee this morning before work.  

2) What are your plans for the weekend?

We have a 1st birthday party to go to tomorrow. We will also be busy preparing for DS's first birthday party which is next weekend! I can't believe he's going to be one.

3) What is your favorite adult beverage and will you be partaking in one (or four) tonight? 

I love me some red wine. And yes I will be having a glass (or two) tonight since I made a special trip to the store at lunch time to make sure I had a bottle for tonight....errrrr.....the weekend. LOL.  

4) What book are you currently reading? (or the last book you read)

I'm currently reading the 7th Sookie Stackhouse novel. Embarrassed I am a sucker (hahaha) for these books b/c they are such an easy read.

5) When was your last date night with SO/DH. What did you do?

Last Saturday. We went out for a super nice dinner at a steak restaurant for his birthday while my parents watched DS.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  •  1) Tell us something you did for yourself this week. bought new snow boots. i know, not terribly exciting.

2) What are your plans for the weekend? tonite is date night. it's our 6 year anniversary from our first date so we'll be going out for drinks, then seeing linkin park.

3) What is your favorite adult beverage and will you be partaking in one (or four) tonight? i'm a red wine lover, but tonite i will be drinking vodka. i have a glass of red wine most nights after DD goes to bed, so since i'll be going out, vodka it is. probably mixed w/ sour.

4) What book are you currently reading? (or the last book you read) last book i read was Hello Kitty Must Die. will probably read Water For Elephants next.

5) When was your last date night with SO/DH. What did you do? our last date night was my BF's wedding. we booked a hotel and all, but DH left early because he was tired. hopefully this date night will be better!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1) Tell us something you did for yourself this week. I ordered some new shirts from ON today (don't tell DH)

2) What are your plans for the weekend? Maternity photos tomorrow; grocery shopping on Sunday

3) What is your favorite adult beverage and will you be partaking in one (or four) tonight? I don't really have a favorite and that would be a big N-O, lol

4) What book are you currently reading? (or the last book you read) Ina May's Guide to Childbirth and Hypnobirthing (exciting stuff)

5) When was your last date night with SO/DH. What did you do? I believe our last date was at the end of December but it wasn't at night.  ILs kept DS while we went for lunch and a little shopping in the afternoon.

My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
  • imagefinancialdiva:
    1) Tell us something you did for yourself this week.
    I have no idea...I think it's time for something though! 2) What are your plans for the weekend?
    Not too much, the usual chores around the house, grocery shopping, Target stop, watching the Superbowl 3) What is your favorite adult beverage and will you be partaking in one (or four) tonight?
    None for me (see ticker).  But I do enjoy a nice, dark beer. 4) What book are you currently reading? (or the last book you read)
    I just finished Are you there Vodka, it's me Chelsea.  I'm reading Happily Ever After now. 5) When was your last date night with SO/DH. What did you do?
    Last weekend we went out to dinner with friends w/o any kids!
    DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • 1) Tell us something you did for yourself this week. Hair cut and highlighted 2) What are your plans for the weekend? Team building excersise for managment at work.  Then dinner. 3) What is your favorite adult beverage and will you be partaking in one (or four) tonight? Dirty Martini- no, but maybe tomorrow 4) What book are you currently reading? (or the last book you read) 5 dysfunctions of a team- 5) When was your last date night with SO/DH. What did you do? Went to a BB game at our alma mater.
  • 1) Tell us something you did for yourself this week.  I went shopping.  Alone.  It was great.  But, I didn't buy for myself, I bought for DD - but it was great to get in some retail therapy w/out DH & DD! 2) What are your plans for the weekend? Not sure??  Spend time with my little girl after her first week in DC! 3) What is your favorite adult beverage and will you be partaking in one (or four) tonight? Red wine, and, probably (at least one...maybe two...still nursing here). 4) What book are you currently reading? (or the last book you read) Fiction?  I can't remember.  Currently flipping through NCSS, and the starting solids chapter in "Womanly Art of Breastfeeding" 5) When was your last date night with SO/DH. What did you do? Over thanksgiving.  We went out to dinner, and I caught a buzz off two beers! It was great.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1) Tell us something you did for yourself this week. Took a short nap yesterday because I got home early from work. 2) What are your plans for the weekend? Getting the car tuned up tomorrow, running errands, cleaning the house, doing laundry. 3) What is your favorite adult beverage and will you be partaking in one (or four) tonight? Vodka with any kind of mixer (fruit punch, lemonade, whatever).  And I will NOT be partaking tonight. 4) What book are you currently reading? (or the last book you read) It's been so long I can't even remember.... 5) When was your last date night with SO/DH. What did you do? A month ago or so...and we went out to dinner.  We were going to go see a movie, but while we were at dinner I started to not feel well and just wanted to go home and relax
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagefinancialdiva:
    1) Tell us something you did for yourself this week. Got a massage 2) What are your plans for the weekend? We had a really busy weekend last weekend so we're taking it easy this time. Probably going to the park and enjoying the nice weather and I need to go to the mall. 3) What is your favorite adult beverage and will you be partaking in one (or four) tonight? Wine 4) What book are you currently reading? (or the last book you read) Tim Gunn's Guide to Style 5) When was your last date night with SO/DH. What did you do? DD was with my parents last weekend for three nights so we went out every night. Dinner and drinks with friends, Sunday brunch. It was great, and we didn't have to pay a sitter!
  • 1. Watched American Idol and worked out at least a little bit 4 of the 5 mornings.

2. Dinner with friends tomorrow night, superbowl party at friends on Sunday

3. Beer or white wine - alas, not for a while

4. My Fair Lazy - Jen Lancaster

5. Last Sat night - we went out for hamburgers and watched college b-ball

• 1) Tell us something you did for yourself this week.  Did some fun reading.

2) What are your plans for the weekend?  Nothing really planned.  We will do the usual of going out to eat tonight and church on Sunday.

3) What is your favorite adult beverage and will you be partaking in one (or four) tonight?  Red wine but I won't be having any since I'm still BFing.

4) What book are you currently reading? (or the last book you read)  Mini Shopaholic

5) When was your last date night with SO/DH. What did you do?  Before DD was born and I can't remember.

• 1) Tell us something you did for yourself this week.  - Not much, I was sick and tried to be good about resting and letting DH handle DS all evening. 2) What are your plans for the weekend? - More resting, grocery shopping, watching the super bowl at home. 3) What is your favorite adult beverage and will you be partaking in one (or four) tonight?  - Red wine or microbrewery beer and no Smile 4) What book are you currently reading? (or the last book you read) - Labor of Love 5) When was your last date night with SO/DH. What did you do?  - Three weeks ago, we went to his company holiday party. We are going out next Friday for dinner to celebrate my birthday.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1) Tell us something you did for yourself this week. Tomorrow my BFF and I are going OOT for the night to a spa - I'm sooooo excited!! 2) What are your plans for the weekend? See above!  Probably a Target run and some housework once I get home 3) What is your favorite adult beverage and will you be partaking in one (or four) tonight? Normally white wine 4) What book are you currently reading? (or the last book you read) I just finished "Room" and I started "Conscience of a Liberal" earlier this week 5) When was your last date night with SO/DH. What did you do? About 2 weeks ago.  We test drove cars and then went to dinner at tapas place we like.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagefinancialdiva:
    1) Tell us something you did for yourself this week. Watched Top Chef and Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Reunion (total addictions). 2) What are your plans for the weekend? Sat: Music Together class w/ DD plus bookstore/toy store/playground; DH to pick up more shelving at Home Depot and we will then finish organizing our garage storage (has been a work in progress for a while); file taxes! Sun: a friend is having a Super Bowl party and we'll attend w/ DD (several other friends are bringing kids); Mon (I am off Monday too, yay!): finally coordinating a nice lunch out w/ a good friend, her parents and my mom; will shop for DH's bday presents 3) What is your favorite adult beverage and will you be partaking in one (or four) tonight? I love wine...but DH doesn't drink much, and I don't like to drink alone, so I will wait until the party on Sunday 4) What book are you currently reading? (or the last book you read) Just finished "Mini Shopaholic" - great series of chick lit. 5) When was your last date night with SO/DH. What did you do? We did lunch/movies a few weeks ago...we don't get out enough
  •  1) Tell us something you did for yourself this week. Nothing... Tongue Tied 

2) What are your plans for the weekend? Clean, see stepdaughter in a play (if this stupid weather allows..), clean some more

3) What is your favorite adult beverage and will you be partaking in one (or four) tonight? Blue Moon beer and yes yes yes!

4) What book are you currently reading? (or the last book you read) The last book I read was New Moon....lol

5) When was your last date night with SO/DH. What did you do? Last weekend - Went to dinner and then to our favorite bar Stick out tongueBeer

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Mikaela is going to have a little brother! BabyFetus Ticker
  • imagefinancialdiva:
    1) Tell us something you did for yourself this week. I took the SPHR (senior profession in HR) exam last Sunday and passed! 2) What are your plans for the weekend? I was hoping we could do a celebration dinner for passing my exam, but at the rate things are going with the weather in Dallas, I think it may be more of hanging at home. We have some SERIOUS cabin fever going on - - kids have been home with DH and I since Tuesday. 3) What is your favorite adult beverage and will you be partaking in one (or four) tonight? Cosmopolitian. I don't have all the ingredients to make at home at the moment, so may just be doing a vodka/7 4) What book are you currently reading? (or the last book you read) None. Last was Breaking Dawn in the Twilight series. 5) When was your last date night with SO/DH. What did you do? Our last "date night" was actually lunch together on Monday at Quiznos. Yes, so glamourous, but its great that we can do lunches together since we both work from home and have childcare during the day.
  • imagefinancialdiva:
    1) Tell us something you did for yourself this week. I got a haircut and got some new hair product from the salon to hopefully help my hair from looking so thin because it still want stop falling out . 2) What are your plans for the weekend? I think we are going to take the kids all to the childrens museum. 3) What is your favorite adult beverage and will you be partaking in one (or four) tonight? Sorry the only adult beverage I drink is coffee and it not just a adult thing anymore . More kids than adults in the starbucks here. 4) What book are you currently reading? (or the last book you read) The last thing I read was a twilight saga 5) When was your last date night with SO/DH. What did you do? The last date I guess was the day after christmas but we just went to dinner . We were only gone maybe 1 1/2 hour . So not much of a date.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagefinancialdiva:
    1) Tell us something you did for yourself this week. Ordered some Paige Premium Denim jeans off of Rue La La 2) What are your plans for the weekend? As little as possible--I've got a cold! Haircuts for the kids, Superbowl. 3) What is your favorite adult beverage and will you be partaking in one (or four) tonight?  Everything but gin or Southern Comfort. Won't be drinking (see above cold referience). 4) What book are you currently reading? (or the last book you read) I can't keep up with my New Yorker subscription, so I don't even try books. 5) When was your last date night with SO/DH. What did you do? Went to a Christmas party (so obviously it was December).
  •  

1) Tell us something you did for yourself this week. Technically it was last weekend, but I got my haircut/color and a pedicure.  This actual week has been insane at work

2) What are your plans for the weekend? Movie night with the girls tomorrow night, gymboree class with friends tomorrow, probably do some work on Sunday and watch the game

3) What is your favorite adult beverage and will you be partaking in one (or four) tonight?  I like it all.  I think tonight will be a wine night.  We have an open bottle of Shiraz.  Depends on what we do for dinner.

4) What book are you currently reading? (or the last book you read) Currently reading "Unbroken: A World War II Story..." for book club

5) When was your last date night with SO/DH. What did you do?  umm, maybe a couple of weeks ago. We went to dinner.  DS son will be with his grandparents next Friday so we can go to dinner and a concert.

• 1) Tell us something you did for yourself this week.

I have a wedding tomorrow night? No kids just me and some old friends. 

2) What are your plans for the weekend?

Wedding tomorrow after clothes shopping for Miss E, Superbowl on Sunday

3) What is your favorite adult beverage and will you be partaking in one (or four) tonight?

Captain and Coke :-)

4) What book are you currently reading? (or the last book you read)

Breakfast at Tiffanys

5) When was your last date night with SO/DH. What did you do?

Eck I don't even know! We have winter carnival in a couple weeks does that count?

• Sorry in advance for no returns, on my phone. 1. Watched Top Chef, 2. Writing for work, 3. Wine and sadly no due to work, 4. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, 5. I have no idea, we went to a wedding last August, does that pathetically count?
  • imagefinancialdiva:
    1) Tell us something you did for yourself this week. I plan on sleeping in tomorrow. 2) What are your plans for the weekend? taxes, bill paying, spending time with my LO 3) What is your favorite adult beverage and will you be partaking in one (or four) tonight? red wine and no :( 4) What book are you currently reading? (or the last book you read) Dragonfly in Amber 5) When was your last date night with SO/DH. What did you do? It was a couple of weeks ago.  Our daycare host a Parent's Night Out once a month.  We ate at a mexican restaurant, went to a bookstore for coffee, and then went home to relax for an hour before picking up LO.
    image imageimagePhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1) Tell us something you did for yourself this week. I gave notice at my job. I feel sooo much better.
    2) What are your plans for the weekend?2nd birthday party for the munchkin! Can't believe it's been two years already.
    3) What is your favorite adult beverage and will you be partaking in one (or four) tonight? Toss up between red wine and a vodka-cranberry. Probably not tonight, but definitely this weekend.
    4) What book are you currently reading? (or the last book you read)I last read the Shopaholic series, lots of fun but not very fulfilling. Looking for something else now.
    5) When was your last date night with SO/DH. What did you do?We went to Aruba last week just the two of us - it was fantastic, but wish it was longer.
  • How about a Friday afternoon poll? 1) Tell us something you did for yourself this week. Hmmm. Not much. Have a massage scheduled but will prob cancel due to icy roads. I did workout a few times. 2) What are your plans for the weekend? Hang out w Mom who is in town. Get some sleep. 3) What is your favorite adult beverage and will you be partaking in one (or four)?tonight? Wine. Yes. A bottle between me and Mom. 4) What book are you currently reading? (or the last book you read). Marked. Dumb teen vampire book based in Tulsa. Getting ready to start The Hunger Games. 5) When was your last date night with SO/DH. What did you do? Went to an NBA game a few weeks ago. Tomorrow going to dinner and staying in a nice hotel for Dh's bday.

• 1) Tell us something you did for yourself this week. Nothing yet, but I'm going to Zumba tomorrow.  Wee! 2) What are your plans for the weekend? Dinner at home tonight, Zumba tomorrow, clean house, do laundry, go grocery shopping, balance my budget.  Can you stand the excitement!? 3) What is your favorite adult beverage and will you be partaking in one (or four) tonight? White wine.  NOt tonight, but I have a bottle waiting for tomorrow! 4) What book are you currently reading? (or the last book you read) I can't remember the name.  Ooops. 5) When was your last date night with SO/DH. What did you do? Last sat.  Went out with friends for Mexican and drinks.
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • imagefinancialdiva:
    1) Tell us something you did for yourself this week.  Sadly, I can't think of anything. 2) What are your plans for the weekend?  Tomorrow night we are hanging out with neighbors - without the kids!3) What is your favorite adult beverage and will you be partaking in one (or four) tonight?  FireFly.  Not tonight but tomorrow - definitely.4) What book are you currently reading? (or the last book you read)  Scream Free Parenting.5) When was your last date night with SO/DH. What did you do?  We went out to dinner for our anniversary - in October.  Yikes, that was a while ago now.

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• 1) Tell us something you did for yourself this week. --cant remember :( bought food that i want? will that count? 2) What are your plans for the weekend? stroll in the park, hear mass, go food tripping, and catch up on chores
    3) What is your favorite adult beverage and will you be partaking in one (or four) tonight? beer. i may not have the chance. but me and my workmates will be going out to lunch on Monday so might just get one :)
    4) What book are you currently reading? (or the last book you read) mostly parenting books like what to expect...
    5) When was your last date night with SO/DH. What did you do? Dinner out last week

i love you, my little mooncake mahal kita

imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"