May 2011 Moms

So Is Anybody Telling You What Day To Have Your Baby.....

...like you have any type of control over it? I seriously have people almost putting in requests of what day they want my body to pop this baby out. She'll be born on the day shes born nothing I can do to change that, Im not having a Csection just to make you feel special.

My MILs birthday is June 1st so she keeps talking to my baby saying "Stay in there until June 1st so you and Mimi can have the same birthday! You would make the best birthday present!" I want to punch her, dont tell that baby to stay in, I want her OUT OF THERE! Im not staying pregnant for a few more days just for you! Shes convinced its going to happen, she always makes a point to say "Well its your first so youll be late" She knows this how? A lot of first time mothers go early, you never know. (On a side note I have this "intuition" I wont go past 36wks. I think it might be an irrational fear but everytime anybody mentions a timeline for anything I make sure its going to be done by 36wks. lol I think Im just worried about her coming and her nursery or whatever not being finished)

My mom thinks that May 8th (Mothers Day) would be the best day because the year I was born I was born on Mothers Day. Its a sweet sentiment but Im not sitting around desperately hoping it will happen. She also thinks May 14th (my birthday) would be "special" too. I do agree you cant beat having a sweet bundle of joy for a birthday present but spending my birthday laboring and in pain doesnt sound appealing lol. I want my white cake with heavenly buttercream frosting thank you very much lol.

Has anybody else been experiencing this?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: So Is Anybody Telling You What Day To Have Your Baby.....

• Absolutely. FILs birthday is May 7th, baby is due on the 6th. He's constantly going on about it, how he'd love for his grandson to share his birthday. I have 2 close friends that will be out of town the day I'm due and they both go on and on about having the baby early, or late, (one of each since it's 2 friends haha). I don't Really care when people talk about it, but I can see how annoying it would be for you. It's preggo hormones, it seems everything makes me frustrated.
  • Haha having a baby on my birthday does not sound like a lot of fun either!

I'm going through the same thing though.  My mom's birthday is 1-2 days after my due date(depending on what date you go with).  She keeps telling me she would love for me to have this lo on her birthday!  Honestly, I would rather have this lo as far away from her birthday as I can! :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • EDD is May 20. My dads bday is May 24 so he wants the baby to come then. My brother's bday is May 2, so there again, he wants baby to come early. I don't care when he comes, as long as he comes healthy, happy, and not in June. We have 6 June birthdays in our family already!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Lol-yes.  My mom is going on her yearly "girls trip" with her friends April 30th to May 9th.  I love my mom and she is going to be a great grandmother, but she knew I was due at the end of May when she booked this trip.  She has a tendency to be incredibly selfish when it comes to doing what she wants, when she wants.  One of the first things that she said when I told her when I was due was, "I hope this doesn't mess up my girls trip".  She just told me yesterday that the baby, "better not come early" and I said well as long as it is developed and healthy it can come anytime it wants to.  The sooner the better as far as I'm concerned.  She got all in a huff because I wasn't promising to keep my legs closed and cervix in check until she got home.  This coming from the grandma-to-be that is calling this "our baby" and has been begging me to give her a grandchild for over 10 years.  ::insert eye roll here::
  • This has been happening to me, also, since right when we first told people we were expecting. My mom's birthday is May 20th so she of course has commented that our LO should come 10 days early. I've also heard the mother's day one.  DH has also commented that LO should stay in until his birthday on June 11th. I guess I think it's kinda funny when people make these comments. Most of them say it in a 110% joking manner so it doesn't tend to make me upset. However, if people were saying it in a way like "you WILL have the baby on this day" then I'd definitely get upset. This LO will come out when he's good and ready!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• oh yeah. people keep doing this to me. saying you should have your baby on Memorial day, your 1 year wedding anniversary (may 23rd) or so and so's birthday. She will come when she wants, but i secretly hope she comes on a day that isnt on any of those days lol
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I have a lot of pressure as to when I deliver, but that's because LO's due date is the same weekend as my graduation and I have finals for the 2 weeks before that. My MIL, SFIL, Mother, and Sister will be flying out for my graduation and ofcourse they want to be here when LO arrives. Personally I think she will come early but I guess we'll see. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary
  • I haven't really had "requests" persay, but I know my mom had menntioned a while ago it would be nice if she came closer to Memorial Day weekend (about a week after I'm due) so my parents could be down for the long weekend. Even if she comes on time, they could still come for the long weekend, so I don't really get where the issue is. BUT, she's also convinced I'll deliver a week early since both my brother and I were a week early, so maybe that's it? Oh well. Like I keep telling DH, not that I'm wishing for it by any means, but anything could happen between now and May.
    natural miscarriage 11/17/08 @ roughly 4 weeks
    natural miscarriage 4/11/10 @ 9 weeks 4 days
    our miracle, Cecilia Mae, born 5/22/11
    Photobucket
  • My DD's b-day is May 21st....I would prefer to have them have different b-days so if I have any control over it (ie inducing, etc) any day but the 21st!  My luck...my water will break that day!
  • I'm having a scheduled C-section, so I knew I would get "requests.  The main one is that it be on Friday so people don't have to take off of work so much. We live 4 hrs away from our parents. My mom doesn't really care becaue she is taking off a full week anyway. But, my MIL is a different story. She insists that it be a Friday so that SIL doesn't have to miss work. Then when she found out the due date, it happens to be a couple of weeks after her mom's birthday (passed away several years ago). I realize this may be special for her, but I want my baby to have her own day. I don't want her to have to share it with anyone, even if they aren't alive. I know my MIL would stress the fact forever that she was born on her Mom's bday.

I will be having my csection on a Monday, and on no one else's bday.

• Thankfully no one in mine or my husbands family has a May bday so I haven't heard anyone tell me what day I should have him. Personally I am kind of hoping he'll come on his due date (which I know the chances are slim) since it will be the 3 year anniversary of mine and DH's first date :) 
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • I haven't been told what day TO deliver on, but I am constantly being told by DH's crazy family members that I am "NOT ALLOWED" to deliver on my due date, because it's the birthday of some cousin who just died.
  • I've had a lot of people say "you should have it on my birthday" when they find out I'm due in May.  Its all been joking so far. 

And to the PP that said they want everything done early...me too.  My mom was 2 and 3 weeks early with her children, including her first.  Even though it may have nothing to do with me, I want to have things ready in case I'm like her. 

• The only one who has said anything about when he should be born is my husband, and he's allowed.  He's hoping the baby is a week late so that he can finish his training before things get crazy.  It'll probably happen, too, since my mom was two weeks late with all three of her kids...
  • Mine is a bit of the opposite, My Mom is telling me when not to have my baby. My Uncle's birthday is the 9th, her's is the 10th, and my Aunt's is the 13th.  She says if I have to pick a day to pick her birthday over theirs.  So, I asked the Dr. if I could schedule my C-Section for May 6th, I think that week has enough birthdays!  And baby will be born a few days before Mother's Day.  (DD was born a few days before Father's Day 2007)  Big Smile
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Not so much this time, but I really hope she's born on a day that's all hers.  I don't want her to have to share her birthday with her brother or father. 

My son's birthday is May 7 and my husband's birthday is May 11.  As long as she comes on any other day, I'll be happy.  :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLeggadine08:

My mom thinks that May 8th (Mothers Day) would be the best day because the year I was born I was born on Mothers Day. Its a sweet sentiment but Im not sitting around desperately hoping it will happen. She also thinks May 14th (my birthday) would be "special" too.

May 8 is my birthday and Mother's Day was May 9 that year. And my mother's birthday is May 15. My current due date is May 10.

Fortunately, my mother is the opposite. She knows it's silly to try to control a date (and has told me to avoid ignore who bring it up) but thinks a shared birthday is a lousy thing to have. Some years Mother's Day will fall on her birthday, or close, and she's always felt that it's like having your wedding anniversary on Valentine's Day or something. You miss out a bit.

I was originally worried that my in-laws would back out on the cruise they're taking that ends on May 8. They live far away and will hopefully not visit until about 6 weeks after the birth anyway, but MIL is over-excited. But they're holding to the plan, thank goodness. (Sadly, we were originally going on the cruise as well and on their dime. They got a special package that made adding us almost free.)

• YES!!! my EDD is May 13. I've been told not to deliver on my due date because its the day my great grandfather died, my uncle told me to have the baby on the 11th, so that he can share a birthday with the baby, and my MIL told me to have her the 8th. She says it would be the best Mother's Day gift ever
  • imagemarcierin:

I'm having a scheduled C-section, so I knew I would get "requests.  The main one is that it be on Friday so people don't have to take off of work so much. We live 4 hrs away from our parents. My mom doesn't really care becaue she is taking off a full week anyway. But, my MIL is a different story. She insists that it be a Friday so that SIL doesn't have to miss work. Then when she found out the due date, it happens to be a couple of weeks after her mom's birthday (passed away several years ago). I realize this may be special for her, but I want my baby to have her own day. I don't want her to have to share it with anyone, even if they aren't alive. I know my MIL would stress the fact forever that she was born on her Mom's bday.

I will be having my csection on a Monday, and on no one else's bday.

Yes 

• Mine's kind of the opposite, but all just joking really. My Dad want's her to be born either on the 19th or after the 24-27th (we're due the 18th-20th), but it's because he has all of his important dates lined up and he wants her to have her own so he can remember. They aren't all May dates, but between everyone's birthdays and anniversaries they all happen from the 18th-29th of whatever month.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • YES! FIL wants May 16th (his bday)...SIL wants June 6th (her bday)...and DH's aunt wants April 25th (her oldest sons birthday who passed away from SIDS) and my Grandmother wants April 20th (her bday).

The doctor's told me that they plan on inducing or c-section around 35 weeks if I don't go into PTL before that...35 weeks is April 25th, and if I can have it my way we will be waiting a day later. DH and I feel a little uncomfortble with the babies having that birthday. But at the end of the they babies will be here when they get here...

TTC #1 since 4/2007... MFI (low motility/low Testosterone) & PCOS IVF #1 August 2010...BFP 1st sono shows TWINS!!!! Due May 23rd 2011 Ruptured @ 21 weeks (Jan 13) Delivered 26 weekers (Blake and Addison) on Valentine's Day... Keeping faith and praying, God has a plan and we just have to learn to follow. Our Blog ... ourvalentinesdaysurprise.blogspot.com Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I absolutely get this from anyone who has a birthday, anniversary, or anything else special near my due date.  I just joke with them and say only time will tell.  It gets irritating when it happens so often.  I swear everyone I talk to has something significant around my due date!
    DD 5/23/11 - DS 11/20/12 - BFP 1/10/16; EDD 9/22/16
    BabyFetus Ticker

valentines day sexy justin bieber heart 2011
  • Sort of. My PITA mom said- you have to decide whose birthday you want her to be born on- this grandma is May whatever, this cousin is May whatever, this person is May whatever, blah blah blah. My birthday is two days before my brother's birthday (and now I also share it with my MIL) and so I really want her to have her own day!

Then again- I know it will be totally out of my control. I'm just hoping she avoids Friday the 13th! It is annoying though...

• I haven't really had anyone telling me that she needs to come on a specific date.  I'm really the one going please come before Mother's Day. LOL  There have been a few jokes that she'll be stubborn and wait ten days to come on future SIL's b-day, but that is totally kidding (I hope).

• mil and fil keep pushing the 16th which is fils bday.. before marrying into the family i would totally have wnted that since it is my best-friend's bday.. now i reaaaallly hope it isnt the 16th because hearing about it constantly will get old. very old.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My MIL is a band director, and she keeps reminding me that LO needs to come on her due date so she doesn't interfere with band camps.  Haha.
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • imageLeggadine08:

...like you have any type of control over it? I seriously have people almost putting in requests of what day they want my body to pop this baby out. She'll be born on the day shes born nothing I can do to change that, Im not having a Csection just to make you feel special.

My MILs birthday is June 1st so she keeps talking to my baby saying "Stay in there until June 1st so you and Mimi can have the same birthday! You would make the best birthday present!" I want to punch her, dont tell that baby to stay in, I want her OUT OF THERE! Im not staying pregnant for a few more days just for you! Shes convinced its going to happen, she always makes a point to say "Well its your first so youll be late" She knows this how? A lot of first time mothers go early, you never know. (On a side note I have this "intuition" I wont go past 36wks. I think it might be an irrational fear but everytime anybody mentions a timeline for anything I make sure its going to be done by 36wks. lol I think Im just worried about her coming and her nursery or whatever not being finished)

My mom thinks that May 8th (Mothers Day) would be the best day because the year I was born I was born on Mothers Day. Its a sweet sentiment but Im not sitting around desperately hoping it will happen. She also thinks May 14th (my birthday) would be "special" too. I do agree you cant beat having a sweet bundle of joy for a birthday present but spending my birthday laboring and in pain doesnt sound appealing lol. I want my white cake with heavenly buttercream frosting thank you very much lol.

Has anybody else been experiencing this?

Too funny! My birthday is May 14th too. and i really really really dont want to share my birthday LOL!!! I wouldnt mind the 15th. it would be neat if he came on the 15th because DH's birthday is Mar 16 DS is Mar 17 im may 14 and if baby came on the 15th it would be 14,15,16,17 for all of us. LOL!!! i know im corny. None of my family was born in may so no one has said anything like what is being said to you, and i would want to punch someone in the face too if they told me to wait till june! I want him out now, im so over being pregnant now!  

• My (well-meaning) mother is concerned that the twins might come on my niece's birthday.  My niece is turning 3 and "wouldn't understand" having to share the day.

• imageRinnyAnne:

My (well-meaning) mother is concerned that the twins might come on my niece's birthday.  My niece is turning 3 and "wouldn't understand" having to share the day.

Your 3 year old niece might think it's cool that she'll have cousins that share the same birthday (well, maybe not right away, but as she gets older)!  Talk about a huge party later on!  

On another note, I keep telling my bump to 'wait until Daddy can come home from Korea' to be born.  I'm totally hoping that he will wait so I can have sex with my  husband who I haven't seen since November, lol, we'll see.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"