Nurseries and Baby Gear

Cleaning a Chicco travel system

We were very graciously gifted a used Chicco travel system. It's about a year old, never been in a car accident, and very well taken care of. I think for my own piece of mind, I'd like to obviously clean the plastic pieces since it's been in storage for a little while, but I'd also like to clean the fabric parts. There are removable pieces I can run through the washing machine, but does anyone have recommendations for cleaning those that I can't remove? TIA!!
natural miscarriage 11/17/08 @ roughly 4 weeks
natural miscarriage 4/11/10 @ 9 weeks 4 days
our miracle, Cecilia Mae, born 5/22/11
Photobucket
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cleaning a Chicco travel system

• Wash it in the tub or just spray it off with a hose.
  • Refer to the owner's manual that is available online for how to properly wash all the components.  I believe that Chicco states only water and mild soap can be used.

The harness of the car seat should not be put in the washing machine or submerged in water because it weakens the fibers in the straps.  Replacement harnesses are available through Chicco customer service.

• Loading the player...
  • EXACTLY!
    Lover of all things baby. Founder & Editor of Chic & Cheap Nursery.
  • I put all the fabric in the washing machine, cold water and a tiny bit of soap.  I let it air dry.  I just wiped the straps down with some warm water.  From what I can remember though all of the fabric comes off of the carseat and the only thing I can't get off of the stroller is the sun shade. 

girls photo zvczv.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"