May 2011 Moms

Friday Flame Free Confessions!

I say we start early today since there hasn't been a heck of a lot going on here lately ;)

DS 6.12.11

Hypermenorrhea, Anovulatory & Hypothyroid

TTC#2

My Lack of Ovulation Chart

Re: Friday Flame Free Confessions!

• I ignore all posts by newbies who have just joined and have 3 posts. Chances are they won't even be around in a week so I feel like its a waste of time to answer their baby names question.

It drives me nuts when there is a heated thread on this board and before you know it, you have 50 posters from random boards that we've never even seen before chiming in. 

I know I'll come up with more. It's been that kind of week. 

DS 6.12.11

Hypermenorrhea, Anovulatory & Hypothyroid

TTC#2

My Lack of Ovulation Chart
  • I'm a little disappointed in all the MAY Mamas, I caught wind of the MEDELA freestyle breast pump clearance deal way to late!. Other boards (march and April) knew about it in early January and saved $300.  By the time the news made it to our board... it was to late....

DANG IT. We failed. We missed a major deal on a 'bad a**' breast pump.

Wink

For the record: It may  have also been my fault, I may have just missed the post on our board. But either way Im pissy about it.  not saving $300 on something i want really doesnt sit well with me.

DS  Desmond Alexander 6.9.11

DD  Vivienne Elena   12.16.13

? EDD 3/29/2018

• Loading the player...
  • Lately, I find that I prefer my MIL and GMIL to my own mom. Don't get me wrong, I love my mother and she means well, but she's the most annoying woman on the planet! DH's family is so chill and I don't feel drained after spending time with them. I'm such a horrible daughter.

Also, why must hospitals have the most uncomfortable beds EVER? I mean, come on, we're pregnant ladies or mommies who've just given birth here! Do you really think we want this shittty, uncomfortable board to sleep on when we're already uncomfortable as it is? Common sense, people! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  •  I ignore the posts by people who only come here to complain. Occasional venting is good and necessary but there are a couple posters who seem to think their lives are falling apart all the time and blame their situations on everyone/thing else. I find this annoying. Get over it, find something to be happy about (ie your healthy baby?).
  • When someone says that life doesn't begin at (conception, heartbeat, until the baby can survive outside the womb), I want to make them say that to the face of a woman who has had a miscarriage or an early stillbirth.  I don't care what your politics are or if you want to give that life less value than someone else's- that's your business and your opinion.  But to deny that a separate and unique genetic code is created at the moment of conception is cruel to all of us who have lost a baby that we loved before we met them.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • No matter how someone explains it, I will never really understand the idea of gender disappointment.  Surprise maybe, but people who said they cried when they found out the sex of their baby seem incredibly selfish and ridiculous to me.
    imageimageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I ignore posts to "please pray for my co-worker's cousin's sister".

I feel that if you have made it the 2nd trimester, you should know how to add a ticker and/or edit your siggy.

• Sometimes I wonder if I truly want to be a teacher. The level of respect, honesty, and other basic good morales have (IMO) dropped out of existance. For example, today I was almost bowled over by a student racing up the stairs and then when I called after him to slow down, he flipped me off. The worst part is that the teacher's I work with seem not to care any more. I know who this student is but when I talked to his teacher about what happened, she just shrugged and said there was nothing she could do about it. Really? The student was there and snickering behind his hand the whole time. Our LG is going to learn the importance of good morales/values including respecting their teachers (even if the teacher is just a sub).

Grr...rant over.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm tired of reading posts from people saying that they "need" a shower because they really really need the baby items they can't afford.  It's your kid, your responsibility.  It is not the responsibility of your family and friends to buy you the baby necessities.

Also-

I lurk on the Nurseries and Baby Gear board and they have been talking about how some Target stores are no longer carrying an expensive breast pump so they clearanced them out for 90 something dollars.  I'm shocked by the women who go to the other Target stores and buy it at full price only to return it to the clearanced out stores.  They then re-buy it at the clearance price.  I have some ethical issues with that and can't believe the number of people who think that this is acceptable.

• image00tedsgirl:
    When someone says that life doesn't begin at (conception, heartbeat, until the baby can survive outside the womb), I want to make them say that to the face of a woman who has had a miscarriage or an early stillbirth.  I don't care what your politics are or if you want to give that life less value than someone else's- that's your business and your opinion.  But to deny that a separate and unique genetic code is created at the moment of conception is cruel to all of us who have lost a baby that we loved before we met them.

I couldn't agree more.  It also bothers me when at some point in pregnancy the books say "Congrats!  Your fetus is now a baby!"  Really, that transformation just happened over night?  I'm sorry but I went to my doctor at 7w 3d and and my little baby had a heartbeat right then.  I agree that it cheapens it for those of us who experienced early miscarriages.

• Im angry at DH right now. He promised we'd spend the day together, getting our grocery shopping done, and then hanging out.  I get up this morning and he was being an *** and refused to get up off the couch and get ready.  It made me mad that he chose the TV over me.
  • imageeveram01:
    No matter how someone explains it, I will never really understand the idea of gender disappointment.  Surprise maybe, but people who said they cried when they found out the sex of their baby seem incredibly selfish and ridiculous to me.

Oh my gosh I agree!! I hate it on here but oh do I hate it IRL more! I know like 3 or 4 people who got pregnant at like 18 and cried when they found out it was a boy,, Really?? It burns me up...

I confess I hate when people flame name choice(s) on a totally random thread. If someone asks a question about BFing and your reply is "Well when DS was breastfeeding  I did this... Oh btw your name sucks, makes me wanna vomit and you obviously hate your child if you wanna name him that." it was uncalled for. Glad you find your opinion so important that you have to be so rude about it...

Oh and I hate vents or rants that make no sense. I understand being irrationally angry every once in awhile but if your contemplating bodily harm cuz you H drank the last of the OJ, its a problem.

I hate posts on the baby shower board when people gripe about not getting a lot off their registry. I know you asked for those things for a reason but you should be appreciative they bought you something. On the same token people that ignore registries thinking theyre getting a "better" gift get on my nerves lol.

Ok Im done.. :)

• imagepinkpear:

I'm tired of reading posts from people saying that they "need" a shower because they really really need the baby items they can't afford.  It's your kid, your responsibility.  It is not the responsibility of your family and friends to buy you the baby necessities.

Also-

I lurk on the Nurseries and Baby Gear board and they have been talking about how some Target stores are no longer carrying an expensive breast pump so they clearanced them out for 90 something dollars.  I'm shocked by the women who go to the other Target stores and buy it at full price only to return it to the clearanced out stores.  They then re-buy it at the clearance price.  I have some ethical issues with that and can't believe the number of people who think that this is acceptable.

I agree with everything you said. The big Medela pump "sale" isn't a sale, it's a SHAM.  And as far as showers, I'm completely with you.

Photobucket
    aCg 3.1.07 | hCr 5.5.11
  • imageMaybeBaby#2:
    imagepinkpear:

-I lurk on the Nurseries and Baby Gear board and they have been talking about how some Target stores are no longer carrying an expensive breast pump so they clearanced them out for 90 something dollars.  I'm shocked by the women who go to the other Target stores and buy it at full price only to return it to the clearanced out stores.  They then re-buy it at the clearance price.  I have some ethical issues with that and can't believe the number of people who think that this is acceptable.

I agree with everything you said. The big Medela pump "sale" isn't a sale, it's a SHAM.  And as far as showers, I'm completely with you.

for the record: It was $90 at all my targets and I just wish I knew so I would have gotten one in stock....

? EDD 3/29/2018

• imagesugarangel77:
    imageMaybeBaby#2:
    imagepinkpear:

-I lurk on the Nurseries and Baby Gear board and they have been talking about how some Target stores are no longer carrying an expensive breast pump so they clearanced them out for 90 something dollars.  I'm shocked by the women who go to the other Target stores and buy it at full price only to return it to the clearanced out stores.  They then re-buy it at the clearance price.  I have some ethical issues with that and can't believe the number of people who think that this is acceptable.

for the record: It was $90 at all my targets and I just wish I knew so I would have gotten one in stock....

Ha ha.  I didn't even read your FFC until after I posted.  Reading about the whole thing has been bothering for weeks!

• I am bummed that I cannot access the bump at my office, so today I knew I would be offsite with wireless, so I brought my laptop just to bump...I miss being on here like I was with DS.  Not that this is much of a confession, but I don't have much else to complain or confess about today!  Other than DH is interviewing for a new position at his company today that would be a big pay raise, and with a baby on the way, it would be disappointing if he doesn't get it, but I have to hide that to him.  So, I guess I did have a better FFFC than I thought!
  • A couple more:

I hate seeing "Newbie" under my avatar.  I've been around for over 5 years, I just didn't post for a long time (toddlers can do that to you).

My favorite posts are the ones where a childless woman rants about how her friend's/sister's/neighbor's kids behave and insists that she will always/will never allow x, y, or z.  And I love the ones where someone gets her panties in a knot over someone else's parenting decision (homebirth, vaccines, daycare, circumcision, etc.) especially when they call for legal action.  It makes me think of the Reverend's wife on the Simpson's squealing "Won't somebody please think of the children?!?"

Starting a paragraph with "to each his own" or "I'm open-minded" or anything along those lines, followed by a really judgmental statement cracks me up. They might as well be saying "I'm not racist, but I just hate black people."  There are plenty of things that are not my style, but I could not care less if other people do them.  You can name your love child Aydyn Breydin Caid-n bo'Feighdon while you birth him (her?) stark naked in a tub of jello at the local arena and it will not affect me in the least.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • FWIW, I'm also so tired of reading about showers and who they are "thrown" by. The proper term is "my cousin who HOSTED a shower in my honor," etc.

Photobucket
    aCg 3.1.07 | hCr 5.5.11
  • image00tedsgirl:

A couple more:

I hate seeing "Newbie" under my avatar.  I've been around for over 5 years, I just didn't post for a long time (toddlers can do that to you).

My favorite posts are the ones where a childless woman rants about how her friend's/sister's/neighbor's kids behave and insists that she will always/will never allow x, y, or z.  And I love the ones where someone gets her panties in a knot over someone else's parenting decision (homebirth, vaccines, daycare, circumcision, etc.) especially when they call for legal action.  It makes me think of the Reverend's wife on the Simpson's squealing "Won't somebody please think of the children?!?"

Starting a paragraph with "to each his own" or "I'm open-minded" or anything along those lines, followed by a really judgmental statement cracks me up. They might as well be saying "I'm not racist, but I just hate black people."  There are plenty of things that are not my style, but I could not care less if other people do them.  You can name your love child Aydyn Breydin Caid-n bo'Feighdon while you birth him (her?) stark naked in a tub of jello at the local arena and it will not affect me in the least.

lolz

• Okay, I'll say it.  I was slightly disappointed when I found out we were having another baby girl.  I got over it in about 5 minutes and I'm so happy we are having a 3rd girl, but I would be lying if I said that I didn't care just a little bit.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagepinkpear:

I'm tired of reading posts from people saying that they "need" a shower because they really really need the baby items they can't afford.  It's your kid, your responsibility.  It is not the responsibility of your family and friends to buy you the baby necessities.

No sh!t!  How are you going to afford the baby after s/he is born? 

Another one - people that live in one bedroom apartments and can't afford anything bigger.  But then complain about not have a nursery.  If you can't afford anything other than a 1 bedroom apartment, should you really be having a baby?

• I had pity sex with my DH last night. He was very much in the mood and I was very much not. I did get a good back rub out of it tho.

I hate where I'm living. We are 20 mins from my ILs and I'm really tired of them. I apparently pissed them off back in August and they haven't gotten over it (I didn't know this until November). They tell me one thing, then tell my DH the complete opposite. FIL has told me and DH he isn't excited about this pregnancy and doesnt want anything to do with the baby until "he is at least 3 AND potty trained and talking." SMIL hasn't said 1 thing about the baby or pregnancy in quite some time. I don't want to bring my baby into this world and his grandparents not wanting anything to do with him.

On the other hand, my parents are over joyed! They live 4 hours away and are more involved with my pregnancy. DH and  I are trying to get moved to my hometown (where my parents are). My uncle was supposed to be getting DH a job with him.  Everything was supposedly a go; all paperwork had been turned in and we just had to wait for the call for him to start. The company was hiring 100 people in January. We've not recieved a call. I'm a bit frustrated with that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebhilyer:
    imagepinkpear:

No sh!t!  How are you going to afford the baby after s/he is born? 

Another one - people that live in one bedroom apartments and can't afford anything bigger.  But then complain about not have a nursery.  If you can't afford anything other than a 1 bedroom apartment, should you really be having a baby?

this. thank you.

? EDD 3/29/2018

• image00tedsgirl:

I totally have been seeing this lately! It irks me to no other.

Also, I hate when people rant and rave about something totally unrelated to the posted.  Why don't you read the post fully and then reply or open a new post.

I also can't stand T&P's for you uncles sister-in-law once removed.  I don't really care.

Last night my husband decided to go out with some buddies for a few drinks.  Around 1am I wake up and he still isn't home.  Needless to say, he is in the doghouse today.

Today we have pig out day at work and I am going to take full advantage of filling my face full. Go Pack go!

DD 5/23/11 - DS 11/20/12 - BFP 1/10/16; EDD 9/22/16
    BabyFetus Ticker

valentines day sexy justin bieber heart 2011
  • I'm bribing my DH to lose weight with freaky sex. Shameful, but I think it's working.

I am so cheap that I might actually squeak, and I am totally envious of you moms who are shopping in boutiques and buying top of the line gear. I'm a granola, baby wearing type, with Bugaboo stroller envy.

I used to hate posts about weight gain when I was pregnant with DD - because I was ruining the curve with a 60+ gain. This time, I'm a total AW and want people to know I've only gained 10 pounds. I'm proud of myself and don't know why, but I'm seeking internet approval too. Embarrassed

Photobucket
  • Embarrassed I've taken maybe 3 prenatals in the last two weeks....
  • imagemeghanchrisaz:

Okay, I'll say it.  I was slightly disappointed when I found out we were having another baby girl.  I got over it in about 5 minutes and I'm so happy we are having a 3rd girl, but I would be lying if I said that I didn't care just a little bit.

I don't blame you in the least. My BFF has 5 daughters. It is hard when you see your family in one way, and it turns out another way. I think it is completely normal to be slightly disappointed when you find out your family won't be what you thought it would be. A little disappointment is when you find out is one thing...resenting the kid forever because they dared to be another sex is a completely different thing and I hope that is the "disappointment" that others are talking about.

• People complaining about not being able to "afford" a baby (usually happens mostly on the baby shower board, not directed a  meismix at all...I know she is stressed). The baby didn't appear like magic and a box of condoms is WAY cheaper than a baby. Plus at our age we all know how babies get here and how they can be prevented.

Plus, the things that people "can't afford" are usually a brand new crib, stroller, toys, etc. All nice to have, but not necessary for a baby by any means.

• imagepinkpear:

This.

I wouldn't have dreamed of having a baby if DH and I were not financially stable.

I'm so sick of reading about people b*tching about showers and gifts. Here's a thought: next time don't get pregnant unless you plan on being able to afford everything on your own.

If someone offers to throw you a shower, great. If not, oh well. Big deal. Get over it. You should have planned on buying everything for your baby anyways. Gifts are an unnecessary extra.

And if DH and I did get into a sticky financial situation after I became pregnant, I sure as heck wouldn't expect everyone else in the world to bail us out of it. Our baby, our responsibility, our problem.

For the record, I'm not having a shower. We recently moved across the country from all our family and friends. Some friends and family have asked if they can send a gift and my response is always, "that's not necessary but if you would like to, we would appreciate it." The next question is where am I registered and my response is "I'm not registered." 

I think some people need a reminder of what a gift is. According to Merriam-Webster, a gift is: something voluntarily transferred by one person to another without compensation. No where in this description does it say "obligation," "requirement" or "entitlement."

• image00tedsgirl:
    When someone says that life doesn't begin at (conception, heartbeat, until the baby can survive outside the womb), I want to make them say that to the face of a woman who has had a miscarriage or an early stillbirth.  I don't care what your politics are or if you want to give that life less value than someone else's- that's your business and your opinion.  But to deny that a separate and unique genetic code is created at the moment of conception is cruel to all of us who have lost a baby that we loved before we met them.

Totally agree! I was never really sure where I stood on the issue, but I didn't necessarily think that life began at conception. A miscarriage changed my mind about that and now it bothers me (I have the same thoughts as you on the topic).

• imagepinkpear:

I am way too lazy to go through all that trouble. Once my husband and I bought a TV and two days later went to the same store and the price was down $200, and even though I could have complained and gotten my $200 back I just let it go. It still pisses me off but I didn't have the patience to complain.

imageimage
  • I cannot stand my lazy and useless co-workers.  When I'm fortunate to leave this job (who know whens) I will be so thankful to never have to deal with them again.

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageeveram01:
    No matter how someone explains it, I will never really understand the idea of gender disappointment.  Surprise maybe, but people who said they cried when they found out the sex of their baby seem incredibly selfish and ridiculous to me.

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

These kinds of posts infuriate me as someone who had a previous miscarriage. I'd love to be bringing home a baby next week...regardless of its gender. 

• imageKMac2784:
    Embarrassed I've taken maybe 3 prenatals in the last two weeks....

My prenatals made me sick since the 1st Tri no matter when I took them or how much food I took them with. My doc told me no worries just eat Flintstone vitamins. I looked on the back and the Flinstone ones have the exact same nutritional value as my gross horse pill prenatals. Only complaint is that my prescription is free and I have to pay $10 for the others.

imageimage
  • As long as we're going FF.....

Mom and Aunt have been visiting. Aunt is an interior decorator, but doesn't share my sense of style. If I don't like the taste of something, or disagree with placement (it is my house!) Mom gets miffy and insulted...

Then they started buying things without my OK, and putting them everywhere. IMO, that's a waste of money!!  Hate it this week!! Save your pennies and let's do something else to spend time together! 

Edit: Also,I'm super pissy today. Didn't sleep well, so everything is making me cranky..... I need a nap already. 

• I have taken 2 showers this week, didn't brush my teeth yesterday, I don't even know if I brushed my hair and that last time I put on makeup was over a week ago, and I don't feel guilty about it at all because I have repainted the whole dang house this week. 

I judge people who knowingly get pregnant when they can't afford it. I can understand situations changing while pregnant but to purposefully TTC when you know you will struggle, I don't get. 

I really want to just blow the tax return money in the bank right now, instead of save it like a responsible adult.  

Diabetic, 2IF, PCOS; blessed beyond words to be called "mommy" to Drew (6/30/09) and Alynn (5/16/11).
    Parenting author for Women of Worth. Mom Blogger and photographer.

Andrew David: mixed receptive/expressive language phonological disorder, sensory processing disorder, Disruptive Behavior disorder-nos and insomnia.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagetheaustins05:

imagepinkpear:

I am way too lazy to go through all that trouble. Once my husband and I bought a TV and two days later went to the same store and the price was down $200, and even though I could have complained and gotten my $200 back I just let it go. It still pisses me off but I didn't have the patience to complain.

I'm the same way. I've never been one to drive out of my way or to multiple stores to find a deal. The most I will do is check amazon or froogle to see if what I'm buying is cheaper elsewhere...and I really only do that on big ticket items.

• I don't have a problem with people buying-returning-rebuying at a lower price.  Especially at stores that have policies that allow you to take advantage of sales within 7 days or whatever.  Target makes plenty of money.

My dad's foster brother just bought us our car seat and glider.  He is being so generous it makes me uncomfortable, but I'm soooo thankful we don't have to buy these things ourselves.  But now I feel like I'll have to spend more time with him--a thank-you note will not be enough. *sigh*

My ILs might be springing a visit on us tomorrow.  My parents are doing the same, but it only bothers me that my ILs might come, too.  

• imagepinkpear:

Also-

I totally agree with you on this!  I heard about this deal as well and checked both Targets in my area.  They are still ringing up for the regular price and I never once thought that I should buy it at full price and then return it to get the lower price.  I just don't see how people can be OK with doing that.  Sure, I would love to save a bunch of money on something but only if I can do it honestly.

• I'm done talking about showers, all the debating is kinda taking the fun out of it.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"