Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Britax Marathon/Boulevard

I was reading Baby Bargains and it says the cons of these seats are that they might not fit in your car. I have a honda civic- anyone with a smaller car that is able to use either of these carseats? I want to order from albeebaby.com since they are on sale, but I want to make sure it will work in my car.
Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

Re: Britax Marathon/Boulevard

• This is a review for the Boulevard I found today since I was reading up on them today:

"We drive a Toyota Echo (2003) and though some reviewers have said that vehicles should be larger (and this is NOT), we've not had issues with installing it securely, blocking vision, etc. Given that most of our driving is city-based, and many accidents in our area are t-bone/side impact type, we wanted a seat that would protect her maximally where our car could not as it is very small."

Hope that helps! I'm wondering though if you could go to a store and see if they would let would let you try it out to see if it would fit in your car? Then after you know, you can just order it online.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageJulySpark05:

This is a review for the Boulevard I found today since I was reading up on them today:

"We drive a Toyota Echo (2003) and though some reviewers have said that vehicles should be larger (and this is NOT), we've not had issues with installing it securely, blocking vision, etc. Given that most of our driving is city-based, and many accidents in our area are t-bone/side impact type, we wanted a seat that would protect her maximally where our car could not as it is very small."

Hope that helps! I'm wondering though if you could go to a store and see if they would let would let you try it out to see if it would fit in your car? Then after you know, you can just order it online.

Thanks for that :) Yeah, trying it out is probably the best idea... I don't plan on having this car for more than a year, but since I will have it rear facing for the next 4 months, I definitely need something that will fit. I've read mixed reviews. I know it may be tight, but it may be worth it for a good car seat! I hope it works.

Logan Jack- 6.1.10 and Emmett Weston- 9.29.12 

• Loading the player...
  • Not exactly the same, but we have the Roundabout and it fits just fine in our civic.
  • I have the marathon and a carolla.  It fits ok but the front seats can not be reclined.  I had mine installed by someone that does the saftey checks.  I would do what someone else suggested and see if you could go to BRU or something and have a sale associate go with you to your car and see how it fits.  also if you have a BRU near you they are having the great trade in sale where you can take an old carseat for a few other items and in exchange get 25% off your new perchase so you would save like $70 on the marathon.  GL
  • I know you are looking primarly at the Marathon and Boulavard but consider looking at the Roundabout 55.  It's got a smaller framer than the other two so it tends to fit in smaller cars better but still has plenty of room to grow.  We have on in our 2 door Pontiac G6 and actually still have a ton of leg room up front and are easily still able to get DD in and out despite it being a two door car.  It's a really nice seat and still has all the same saftey features (including the deep sides for side impact protection) as the Marathon and Boulavards just condensed down to actually fit a normal sized car.  GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yup like PP said, Roundabout....it fits in my Jetta and we love it.
  • I would go to a BRU or similar and try it out there, even if you don't buy it there. Maybe not the most ethical thing to do, but I figure I give BRU enough business and it's not like they're out anything by having me borrow their floor model for ten minutes.
  • I have a little Nissan Sentra and the Britax Marathon fits in there perfectly for DS.  DD is in a Britax ROundabout.  We LOVE both.

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• For reference, we have the Boulevard in a 2010 Nissan Maxima and it fits well.  There's not as much room as I would prefer to "manipulate" him in and out of it, but it works.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • Just an FYI... the Roundabout 50 has the exact same shell as the Marathon, so they ARE the same size exactly.

The older Roundabout was way smaller because it only harnessed to 40lbs. The 50 and 55 are the same size as the Marathon but they harness to 50 or 55 depending on the model.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • You might want to try the Sunshine Kids Radian. It had the same shell height as the Marathon, but it's not up on a base so it may fit better in your car. I think it's also a bit cheaper than the Marathon. We have both, the Marathon from DD1, and just bought the Radian. Personally I think the Radian is a better seat.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"